[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Solara VS RSX
Post pictures or videos of your Solara and Camry!

Solara VS RSX

Solara VS RSX

Postby minig646 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:25 pm

My first car accident... I was driving down a road at 45mph. There was a lot of traffic and this guy was trying to turn left out of a shopping center. He thought he had a window, somehow didn't notice me, and smashed into the left front corner panel. The engine never stopped running, and I got away without so much as whiplash. His car lost that battle I think...

I thought it would just be a new corner panel, tire, bumper and corner light, but there was frame damage that totaled it. So I took the insurance money and bought another one :D

minig646
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: Solara VS RSX

Postby sarki » Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:13 pm

Damn dude that sux. Hope u have better luck with the new one.
6psi // 291tq // 268whp // Auto
Who wants to buy it?
sarki
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby stringbean » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:14 pm

jezz! damn! hope this car last longer, glad your ok though!
stringbean
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby mig0s » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:02 pm

At least you got another solara! Nice to see someone as loyal as yourself :)
1999 V6 5-Speed... so beautiful :' )
Black housing headlights, corner. 55w 6k HID, 2500k fogs, TWM Short Shifter+weighted knob, Tein+KYB, TRD lip kit + Acura CL type-S front lip. TSW Kyalami 18x8. Cutom 2.5" SS free flow muffler.
mig0s
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby DSM_Lara » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:27 pm

Wow our Solara are tuff look at that RSX.... Compare to the Solara damage. Same with Nando. His damage wasnt that bad compare to the other car.
1999 Toyota Solara SE V6 (TRD Edition) Rare Greddy EvoII/CP-E Intake/Renova Grill/Black Housing Front/OEM Hood Deflector :kp: :spam3: :spam1:Musubi
DSM_Lara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby dinoxor » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:35 pm

dude! glad to hear that you're okay!
the color on the new one is nice!
dinoxor
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby ThurzNite » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:33 am

Glad you're ok. And glad they paid!!!
Dr J
ThurzNite
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby 1gSE » Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:59 am

ouch, it sucks that it happened....but you found another in a rare color :sweet:
GTO-Vararam/Kooks/Spintech/MGW-P/Tune-12.9 @108
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:30 am

DSM_Lara wrote:Wow our Solara are tuff look at that RSX.... Compare to the Solara damage. Same with Nando. His damage wasnt that bad compare to the other car.

Yeah these cars are strong i was pretty surprised but damn am i glad its repairable, anyways wow dude somewhat same story that happend to me but i bent his frame so i left the dumbass kid with no car ( :evilbat: )
One of the few Built Forged Supercharged solaras in so cal
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6
Solaraguy's dopest driver
Solaraguy's dopest driver

Postby GzNutz » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:21 pm

Damn! Glad to hear you got back in to another Solara.
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby minig646 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:21 pm

This actually happened about two summers ago, I just never got around to posting pics. I'm happy to report two years of pleasant motoring. I've been wanting a convertible sports car for a while, and this morning I bought myself an MR2 Spyder. That was a disaster.
Here's the story, I posted it in another topic...

"I went to pick up the spyder this morning, and everything was running great. Payed the guy and went home. It was SO different than my solara, by which I mean it was worse in every way.

The ride home was noisy but bearable... but pennsylvania's roads shook the car around a lot. About halfway home, the engine started making horrible noises, and I couldn't get out of the toll booths without stalling at least 5 times (embarrassing)

Bad news: Coolant reservoir cap came off, antifreeze everywhere.

Good news: No one behind me in the toll both got pissed

Bad news: One of the motor mount bolts snapped or fell out, causing one side of the engine to sit 3-4 inches lower than the other. Which also made connecting the air intake and filter back on impossible. There was a ton of evidence of just sloppy workmanship in general.

Good news: I can still drive stick, the stalling turned out to not be my fault.

Bad news: I paid cash

Good news: The guy had a ton of prospective buyers after me who offered him more, so tomorrow he's gonna tow it back and fully refund my money. Some people are spyder guys, but not me. I'm gonna stay a solara guy.

^^^sorry if that sounds a little whiny, its been a long day."

Nothing like a bad experience to make you appreciate what you have. I'm gonna take some of that refund and buy my solara a nice present. If I wasn't loyal before, I sure as hell am now.
minig646
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Pictures and Videos