[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Summer is almost here!
Post pictures or videos of your Solara and Camry!

Summer is almost here!

Re: Summer is almost here!

Postby parkc96 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:22 pm

I think it would look even better if you painted the "T" symbol and "Solara" symbol on the back green also.

2000 camry 4 cylinder: rims, tint, spoiler, head unit, partially debadged, custom catback, custom grille... more to come.
parkc96
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby blackedout » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:38 pm

parkc96 wrote:I think it would look even better if you painted the "T" symbol and "Solara" symbol on the back green also.

i was going to take off the "t" one i think but i wanted to paint the solara one green too. i just am figuring out hhow to put it back on after i paint it
2000 solara black, 18's custom paint, green HIDs, blacked out lights, 20% all around, 2 12" kenwoods
blackedout
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby parkc96 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:08 pm

blackedout wrote:
parkc96 wrote:I think it would look even better if you painted the "T" symbol and "Solara" symbol on the back green also.

i was going to take off the "t" one i think but i wanted to paint the solara one green too. i just am figuring out hhow to put it back on after i paint it

haha yeah that might be a problem man... but be careful, the "T" has holes behind it if im correct... i have a camry and i know mine does.

2000 camry 4 cylinder: rims, tint, spoiler, head unit, partially debadged, custom catback, custom grille... more to come.
parkc96
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby 99BlackSandv6 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:22 pm

^No holes behind any of the badges on a Solara.
There will probably be a ghost where you took off the emblems.
You could also just lay tape along the bottom of the emblem and
mark the ends of to make an easy reference.

I think matching the rear badges is a great idea. Post pics. :D
Trust me, I'm a technician.
99BlackSandv6
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby blackedout » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:31 am

yeah i think the newer ones have holes behind it but im almost positive mine doesnt and yeah i just need to go out and get adhesive to restick it then ill probably do it. and yeah i have the adhesive outline of the "toyota" on the trunk need to take some goo gone to that and get rid of it
2000 solara black, 18's custom paint, green HIDs, blacked out lights, 20% all around, 2 12" kenwoods
blackedout
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby 99BlackSandv6 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:48 am

Yeah Gen 1s definitely don't have holes behind any of the badges on the trunk.
Go to WalMart and grab a roll of 3M double sided foam tape, the grey stuff.
It's exactly what Toyota uses from the factory on the emblems.
Just cut it neatly with an x-acto knife, and clean the trunk really well before you stick it.
Trust me, I'm a technician.
99BlackSandv6
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby blackedout » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:01 am

99BlackSandv6 wrote:Yeah Gen 1s definitely don't have holes behind any of the badges on the trunk.
Go to WalMart and grab a roll of 3M double sided foam tape, the grey stuff.
It's exactly what Toyota uses from the factory on the emblems.
Just cut it neatly with an x-acto knife, and clean the trunk really well before you stick it.

thanks alot man ive been wondering what i should get!
blackedout
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Previous

Return to Pictures and Videos