[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - It;s been awhile..
Post pictures or videos of your Solara and Camry!

It;s been awhile..

It;s been awhile..

Postby supraguy17 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:54 am

What's up SG, damn it has been awhile! I've been looking through the site and I must say there are definitely some nice solaras still around!
As some may remember I sold my solara back in February, picked up a BMW and sold that in March. Money came along and I had some time on my hands so I picked up my summer project. A 1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS-T. Completely stock except for a GReddy RS blow off valve. I was actually pretty happy with the investment overall. Yes, it was riced out, and yes I knew what I was getting into with maintenance and knew how much needed to be done to bring this back to a semi-decent looking DSM.

Pictures, enjoy!

March 20th, day of purchase

As of July 19th,
1998 Mistsubishi Eclipse GS-T: Too many mods to list.
supraguy17
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: It;s been awhile..

Postby DSM_Lara » Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:47 pm

Nice DSM but those tail lights has to go.... I too have/had many DSM and still own a few just check out the sig. Anyways welcome back.
1999 Toyota Solara SE V6 (TRD Edition) Rare Greddy EvoII/CP-E Intake/Renova Grill/Black Housing Front/OEM Hood Deflector :kp: :spam3: :spam1:Musubi
DSM_Lara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby 1gSE » Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:52 pm

nice job cleaning up that engine bay. Please tell me you fixed those white interior pieces. Does it feel laggy with that fmic? Thats pretty big for a t25
GTO-Vararam/Kooks/Spintech/MGW-P/Tune-12.9 @108
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby mig0s » Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:01 pm

D

R

O

P

???

:)
1999 V6 5-Speed... so beautiful :' )
Black housing headlights, corner. 55w 6k HID, 2500k fogs, TWM Short Shifter+weighted knob, Tein+KYB, TRD lip kit + Acura CL type-S front lip. TSW Kyalami 18x8. Cutom 2.5" SS free flow muffler.
mig0s
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby supraguy17 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:17 pm

DSM_Lara wrote:Nice DSM but those tail lights has to go.... I too have/had many DSM and still own a few just check out the sig. Anyways welcome back.

Agh, those were the first things I swapped out!

1gSE wrote:nice job cleaning up that engine bay. Please tell me you fixed those white interior pieces. Does it feel laggy with that fmic? Thats pretty big for a t25

Thanks, appreciate it! And yes everything from the car was taken out besides the seats, from a parts car that I picked up locally. And I feel no lag at all, I'm at 15psi right now which is the most the wee t-25 can handle and its been great. Big 16g, injectors, fuel pump and regulator are all in sore for this winter when the car will be garaged.
mig0s wrote:D

R

O

P

???

:)

Yes! Coils are the last thing I'll probably do for the summer so I can start saving up for the winter build.
supraguy17
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby 1gSE » Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:00 pm

Nice. About 8 years ago my friend had a 1g Talon TSi (awd) with some bolt-ons....I loved driving that car and I wouldnt mind getting one once I get back to the states (I prefer the 1g to the 2g) infact, its near the top of my list for my next project. I had the chance to pick one up in 07 when I was in north dakota but the owner never replied to my email. I mean, I had money in hand and it was only an 7ish hour drive away. 1 week later he updated his craigslist ad saying the car hadn't ran or moved in almost 2 years. I was like eff that, I would have been pissed if I drove all the out there only to have him tell me that
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby supraguy17 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:13 pm

Thank you. Yeah, to find a clean 1g, regardless running condition is getting harder and harder now a days. I had the chance to pick one up that already had the upgraded turbo, gutted interior, and etc. for pretty cheap but I'd rather build then buy. My first car was actually a 1g eclipse gs and I loved that thing even without the turbo! How's the supercharger treating you anyways, last I heard of it was when you first got it in and were rippin through the street over there and posted the video when it was raining out!
supraguy17
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby 1gSE » Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:10 am

Its still running, I put the obx exhaust on about a month and a half ago. I blew the knock sensors, so Gabe has some gm sensors on order for me and I just got a new wiring harness for aem fic so I can add the o2 sensors in to add fuel during closed loop and also wire in the wideband. I got my a$$ handed to me a while back by an MKII Golf with a VR6 lol. I knew what was in it just by the sound, and he had a little bit of work done. I couldn't hook at all (the roads here are terrible) I hung with him till 3rd and he walked away from me
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Return to Pictures and Videos