[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Fast Bright Auto Headlight Restorer Kit.
Post pictures or videos of your Solara and Camry!

Fast Bright Auto Headlight Restorer Kit.

Fast Bright Auto Headlight Restorer Kit.

Postby SPICA1750 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:15 pm

Hello fellow SG members!! Today on my journey to target.. I decided to pick up this little product. Fast Bright Auto Headlight Restorer Kit. for about $10.00. not a bad price. It was in this spot with other "As seen on T.V." things. I was like what the heck I guess I'll try it!! :wink:
My mom laughed at me..cause it looks so cheesy. (side note i tried to resize the pictures but it..didnt.,work :-?)
Anywho..this is what was inside.
Bottle of polish and protectant. 2 fl oz. and application pad. this is a before picture..very foggy :o
I tape off all painted surfaces. The box said it will scratch painted surfaces
Then I taped the headlight down the middle to compare..
i applied a dime sized to the yellow side of the pad. Then rubbed it in a small circlar motion. This was the first pass.
Not too bad..I was surpised it did anything. So I did the rest. same steps..and these were the results
wow..looks a lot clearer.. :) After that I appled the protectant on the microfiber side of the applicator pad to seal it. carefull it came out to fast..SO next I moved on to the next headlight.
Image FOGGY :o :o
Same steps as before..you can see the differance..
I did a second pass to the whole headlight,,
Then I sealed it.
The after pictures of both lights.
SOOOOOOO I'm pretty happy with the turn outs. lots of grime came off onto the pad..it got the job done. I can't complain. :note: I did do it twice to get a clearer headlight. :wink:
I defantly think you guys should try it. i like it but we'll see how long it lasts..I rate it a 8.5 out 10. But I will keep you guys updated! :sweet:
2000 Toyota Solara SE<aftermarket exhaust>
1995 BMW 525i..(sold)
SPICA1750
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: Fast Bright Auto Headlight Restorer Kit.

Postby ThurzNite » Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:42 am

SPICA1750 wrote:we'll see how long it lasts..

I've used the 3M stuff and it really depends on the sealer. I haven't found a sealer that works more than 3 months before it starts fogging again. 3 months is when it starts fogging, but the rate of fogging after that varies depending on the sealer I tried. Very interested to see your findings.

Dr J
ThurzNite
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Pictures and Videos