[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - updates on the solara
Post pictures or videos of your Solara and Camry!

updates on the solara

Re: updates on the solara

Postby cartang » Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:05 pm

Looks great :)
[IMG]http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj307/cartang1/007-2-1.jpg[/IMG]
Camry 99, 5sp manual, SC,CPE intake,OBX headers, Jim's fuel system,Walbro pump,Greddy exhaust,Exedy 1 clutch,Fidanza flyweel.
Camry 07, V6,TRD cat back,Fujita CAI, GS 430 rims
cartang
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:58 pm

Ok went to Gregs on Saturday after the dyno and he cambered my car i need bigger spacers in the back to get more poke! Everything seemed to be fine and dandy till monday night driving on the freeway going into 4th. when all of sudden felt as if my clutch completely went out and the car wasnt going anywhere just the rpms were. Felt like i was in neutral and just revving the car. Then i started hearing pieces of metal clanking underneath the car. I pulled over right away. Got out of the car looked underneath, and BAM! Fu*king axle broke! How? i dont know, but i guess i made the mistake of buying an axle from a stupid auto zone in LA. Thing about the axle was that it was a two piece axle and not a one piece! the axle snapped from the outer piece all the bolts came loose and it fell, as soon as it fell i guess it started spinning uncontrollably and it took a big chunk of the Transmission casing out so your able to see the gears inside. :bad-words: :crazyeyes: :evil:

So i called a tow truck got the car home. Ive been talking to Greg and im picking up another 5 spd tranny from him on Friday. Im getting a new clutch too. and a one piece axle this time, but im not ending there im taking auto zone to court for this issue. I went to my local store and spoke to the manager there and she said it would take a while and they would need to see the car the axle etc. then she said how are you so sure that who ever did it didnt put it on wrong? I simply said it couldnt have been put on wrong becasue the inner piece is still inside the transmission the outer piece completely broke! so the issue isnt how did you put it on the issue is that your parts arent put together correctly and its costing me a transmission.

So im going to finish up the car this weekend with another transmission and new clutch but i am documenting everything taking pictures of the transmission and the axle and hopefully they give me some money. :agrue:
One of the few Built Forged Supercharged solaras in so cal
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6
Solaraguy's dopest driver

Postby Mr_Krispy1183 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:44 pm

That sucks, bro. The Auto Zone axles are NOT meant to bolt up to our cars (Solaras). Those bolt-on axles look nothing like the slide-ins (hence why I went to NAPA to get my replacements). Hopefully you can go somewhere with the lawsuit.
'01 zenki MCV20 Silverstream Opalescent
Mr_Krispy1183
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby 1gSE » Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:16 am

That sucks, but I honestly don't see this going anywhere in court. Hope she's back on the road soon
GTO-Vararam/Kooks/Spintech/MGW-P/Tune-12.9 @108
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:05 am

^you dont think they will take responsibilty for their own product? im hoping they do because this honestly shouldnt be happening, and yeah i hope so too right now shes in my buddys garage waiting till saturday to start the job. This is going to be an interesting weekend.
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:06 am

damn dude... sounds like you got a long road ahead of you still. good luck with it all.
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby 1gSE » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:41 am

Is it actually an autozone product or just a brand they carry? This one is gonna be hard to prove how/why/what caused it to fail. Was there a warranty?
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:00 pm

Its actaully one of their "rebuilt" axles. Not sure if that falls into the same category as an auto zone brand. Since they do send these axles to get rebuilt. so im assuming the way it was rebuilt was not good from the begining.
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6

Postby 1gSE » Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:30 pm

Duralast? That's what I'm seeing on their website. Personally I don't expect remanned parts to be up to the same standards. Maybe they can work something out, but like I said, thats probably going to be hard to prove. Best of luck though!
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:56 pm

Yeah thanks, if nothing falls through with them and they dont want to give me any sort of warranty then thats fine i guess its worth a shot. Either way everything i need is being bought already. Im getting the tranny from greg tomorrow already ordered my clutch, I ordered an OEM throw out bearing. Im getting an OEM axle from greg too. So if everything goes to plan she'll be back on the streets by sunday night.
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6

Postby SleeperSolara » Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:27 am

Dang man. That's sucks. The only issue I've had with a auto parts store was with a coolant temperature sensor, the whole sensor snapped right at the threads, the hollow probe wit the threads were still in the fitting hole, had to go back to the Advance and that was the first they have seen that, same for me. They just gave me a new one. The axles I have bought from Auto Zone were from GSP and new. Hope things work out for you man.
2000 Solara SE auto V6. Diamond White Pearl.
Top Speed Run finished at 130 mph. :o
Too many modifcations for the signature.
SleeperSolara
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Postby thenewguy » Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:53 pm

Any word from the guys that make the silicone axles? Now that I heard this I'm totally not going to Autozone!! haha
thenewguy
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby thenewguy » Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:54 pm

I wont be buying axles from them at least ;D
thenewguy
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:09 pm

Not yet, ive been real busy but ill be going this week. ill let you know.
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6

Postby thenewguy » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:32 am

Nice ok for sure thanks. Just got some camber bolts for the rear for some serious lowering. >:D
thenewguy
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

PreviousNext

Return to Pictures and Videos