[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - finally slammed (somewhat) gen 4.5 ( PICS NOW UP!!!!!!!)
Post pictures or videos of your Solara and Camry!

finally slammed (somewhat) gen 4.5 ( PICS NOW UP!!!!!!!)

finally slammed (somewhat) gen 4.5 ( PICS NOW UP!!!!!!!)

Postby mdatrdcam » Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:31 pm

well as some of you may know I purchased basically all of the goodies left over from marco's gen 4. that includes-bc coilovers, work stich wheels and his super rare 5zigen exhaust. so far, I've been able to put the exhaust, and just last night, the coilovers on. WOW what a difference the coils make. except my car is super low now and I didn't have a chance to roll/pull the fenders, so turning is tricky, to say the least. there are some other additions as well since I posted last. and believe me, I know this thread is "worthless without pictures". but I thought I would at least get it started while I had a chance. as soon as I'm home from work I will upload pictures of the hotness. thanks for bearing with me, the pics will be worth the wait...i promise. :D

thanks for checking it out!
Last edited by mdatrdcam on Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mdatrdcam
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: finally slammed (somewhat) gen 4.5

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:09 pm

Nice dude. I loved marcos gen 4 so if ur car has the stance like his does then im sure it will look good. Welcome to the scraping, spark throwing weird noise club! Enjoy the head turns u will get from people and the headaches of having a low camry/solara! Now lets see those pics!
One of the few Built Forged Supercharged solaras in so cal
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6
Solaraguy's dopest driver

Re: finally slammed (somewhat) gen 4.5

Postby mdatrdcam » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:28 pm

And now for the pics!

1 day before the drop with the the trd suspension

And now for the coilover pics. just a little bit of slammage for the forums entertainment haha
Yes, that is my toyota key and that's how low to the ground the front lips are. again, i know it's not super low. but this is my first set of coilovers, so i figured this would be low enough for the time being or until i get my longer studs pressed in the rear and can run my spacers and work's. i"m happy with it thus far.
and a few night shots. i love how the black looks at night. seriously, everything reflects off of it after i wash and wax the car. even the mark on the back door where my ex-girlfriend keyed it. just noticed that...YAY FOR ME!!!!

That's it for the pics, i hope you guys enjoy them!
Now for a little more info about the car...
-2001 black v6 5spd w/grey leather interior
-black celica gts steering wheel retro-fitted to work with the camry/fully functional airbag and horn
-TRD quickshifter w/ black leather trd shift knob (the first mod i ever did to the car back in 2002)
-stereo stuff subs amps blah blah blah, not important
On the outside/underhood
-TRD kit complete with lip spoiler
-custom grille w/TRD badge. built by your's truly
-JDM Gracia badge on the trunk
-Various stickers that make it extremely fast!
-Rare Rare Rare 5zigen windom exhaust ( actually my favorite modification) there is a long story about how i finally was able to get one of these, but i won't get into it. it's pretty boring actually.
-BC "super-low" coilovers w/re-valved shocks to handle the increased spring rates, can't think of what they are off the top of my head.
-super pro dog-bone and rear trailing arm poly bushings
-Whiteline front control arms fitted with whiteline poly bushings and new ball joints (these are next to be installed)
-custom torque rod made by your's truly
-Injen short-ram intake
-TRD front strut tower bar
-TRD rear sway bar w/ TRD poly bushings
-Energy suspension front sway bar poly bushings
-ES300 engine cover. why? because i thought it looked much better than the ugly black one that comes standard on the v6
-Enkei RSF-2 wheels from around 2001/2002. 18x7.5 w/40-45 offset. I cant remember. i've had these wheels for so many years and they are still in almost-new condition. ZERO curb marks. with 225/40/18 tires.
-Toyota vent and sunroof visors. im getting ready to replace the vent visors with some in-channel low-profile visors
-Random weird noises, scraping and strange looks from people as i drive out of a gas station or something of the sort. But its all worth it in the name of going LOW
Hope you guys enjoyed these. im going to update this thread as i make more progress with the car, so stay tuned!
mdatrdcam
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: finally slammed (somewhat) gen 4.5 ( PICS NOW UP!!!!!!!)

Postby DSM_Lara » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:51 am

Nice, Your car reminds me of Dans for some reason... RIP to his poor Camry...
1999 Toyota Solara SE V6 (TRD Edition) Rare Greddy EvoII/CP-E Intake/Renova Grill/Black Housing Front/OEM Hood Deflector :kp: :spam3: :spam1:Musubi
DSM_Lara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Brandoe91 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:41 am

Congrats bro. Like what you are doing with the car, keep it up. Nice mod list as well. Supercharger in the works?
TRD S/C 6psi - OBX Full Exhaust - Injen intake ( 226whp untuned).

New Setup - 3mzfe - obx full exhaust - aem fic - innovate mtx-l wideband - Cpe intake. (Estimated 220whp) dyno numbers coming soon.
Brandoe91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:32 am

nice... good to see marco's megaman arm cannon of an exhaust being put to good use. congrats on all the purchases!
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:18 pm

clean! loving it dude! i thought you picked up marcos wheels too?
One of the few Built Forged Supercharged solaras in so cal
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6

Postby mdatrdcam » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:20 pm

yeah I have the wheels too. the car just needs some more fender work and longer wheel studs put in the back before I can run them. believe me, if I could put those wheels on right now I would. but I'm taking this one slow and making sure I do it right the first time. the car is going to look awesome with those wheels though. the only thing I'm worried about is if the white thats painted on the inside of the spokes will clash or not look good with my black car. I've been trying to think of another color to paint them, but I'm at a loss. as for a supercharger, I would absolutely love one. I've wanted to do it since I bought the car in 2002, I'm just concerned with whether my engine and trans would hold up to boost. believe it or not I actually have put 190,000 miles on the car. I'm just scared that the car is a little too old and worn out for boost. does anyone else on here have any higher mileage cars that they supercharged? I would love to hear some feedback on how your cars are holding up, so I can make a decision as to whether I should purchase one or not.
and thank you to everyone for the compliments. I'm so glad/happy that I finally have a camry I can be proud to show off. it really is a great feeling to finally accomplish something you've always wanted to do. thanks again!
mdatrdcam
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby dinoxor » Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:51 am

wow that drop made one hell of a difference!
dinoxor
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby t3chnique » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:07 am

wow car looks great. it actually seems quite low for someone that has never owned coilovers. :)

heres a pic of mine when I first put my coils in. but its a about an inch lower than that all around now. with different wheels as well.

what exactly did you mean my "im getting ready to replace the vent visors with some in-channel low-profile visors". Link to said visors plz
Tony the Tiger wrote:FWD = king of the streets with unpredictable pavement and road conditions.
t3chnique
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby mdatrdcam » Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:24 pm

when I was setting up the coils prior to install, I just kind of guessed on the ride hight. I don't have the instructions for them so I'm not entirely sure about what all can be adjusted. I left the spring settings exactly the same as how I received them and just adjusted the the bottom part that attaches to the hub. I the front tires are being cut pretty badly right now from turning, so I definitely need to do some more fine tuning. I have the dampening set at 25 in the back and I believe 28 out of 32 in the front. I'm hoping that is stiff enough. I really don't want to set them all the way up to 32 because I'm worried the shocks will wear out faster. I'm probably going to have to raise them up a little until I can get some fender work done. I don't know, I love the coils but I'm still just so new to them and I don't think I've set them up entirely right. I'm going to play around with the settings over the next couple of days and see if I can get everything dialed in correctly. as for the window visors, I believe they are weather tech. I found them on jcwhitney. I'll find the link and post it up for you when I get a chance.
mdatrdcam
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby mdatrdcam » Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:30 pm

oh yeah, camber is another thing I need to play around with. I have a feeling that adjusting the camber and getting an alignment will help with my rubbing issues a lot too.
mdatrdcam
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby SleeperSolara » Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:17 pm

Very nice man. Looks really good.
Some ES300 twin pistons will make those pop out.
2000 Solara SE auto V6. Diamond White Pearl.
Top Speed Run finished at 130 mph. :o
Too many modifcations for the signature.
SleeperSolara
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Postby mdatrdcam » Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:15 pm

Two more i took today at my studio in harpers ferry wv. It's definitely time to wash this beast up. Black is sooo hard to keep clean it's ridiculous. And all of this rain we've been getting hasn't helped. I'm going to try to get my hands on a nicer camera and see if I can find some better locations for taking pics, other than driveways and cvs parking lots lol.
mdatrdcam
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby t3chnique » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:00 pm

I checked out the weathertech visors. They dont seem very low profile but lmk how they are when you get em. You should lower the front a 1/4 to 1/2 of an inch to even out the reverse rake you got goin on
Tony the Tiger wrote:FWD = king of the streets with unpredictable pavement and road conditions.
t3chnique
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Next

Return to Pictures and Videos