[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Crystal Lake Cruise
Post pictures or videos of your Solara and Camry!

Crystal Lake Cruise

Re: Crystal Lake Cruise

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:02 pm

Im running on megan street series 32 way adjustable coilovers, with custom spring rates so its a stiffer ride and the car doesnt move at all! i dont rub much unless a really big dip or i make a tight right turn. Other than that its easy for me. I got used to driving it like this i guess. Driveways are painful for me. I cant go over almost any speed bump without hitting my exhaust and dragging my sideskirts!
One of the few Built Forged Supercharged solaras in so cal
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6
Solaraguy's dopest driver

Postby tooshorty » Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:58 pm

i'm having a hard time adjusting these coils how i want...i just don't seem to get it right. any advice when adjusting height, or the spring rate. I have JICs. I really wanna get my crap right because HIN is going to be here on the 14th :-)
Valley of the SUN!!!!
tooshorty
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:05 pm

JIC's Flt a2 or 1's??
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6

Postby mig0s » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:31 pm

Looks good man I love the stance! BTW your buddy with the white 300zx needs a drop lol!
1999 V6 5-Speed... so beautiful :' )
Black housing headlights, corner. 55w 6k HID, 2500k fogs, TWM Short Shifter+weighted knob, Tein+KYB, TRD lip kit + Acura CL type-S front lip. TSW Kyalami 18x8. Cutom 2.5" SS free flow muffler.
mig0s
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby tooshorty » Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:31 pm

ToyoSolV6 wrote:JIC's Flt a2 or 1's??

Flt a2's, sorry for hitting you with all these questions but i'm tired of having my car look half ass haha my own fault but you know how it is!
Valley of the SUN!!!!
tooshorty
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:10 am

tooshorty wrote:

Flt a2's, sorry for hitting you with all these questions but i'm tired of having my car look half ass haha my own fault but you know how it is!

All good man no worries, how is the ride on your car? is it soft? you dont like the height the ride feeling? the way i adjust height is i measer from the collars that compress the spring to the bottom perch that actually lowers the coil. Theres times i still dont get it right and i have take off the wheel again and adjust it till its right. like right now my right side is about a half inch lower than my left so i have to lower the left side a little more. your not going to to toyotafest this year?
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6

Postby tooshorty » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:05 pm

ToyoSolV6 wrote:
tooshorty wrote:

All good man no worries, how is the ride on your car? is it soft? you dont like the height the ride feeling? the way i adjust height is i measer from the collars that compress the spring to the bottom perch that actually lowers the coil. Theres times i still dont get it right and i have take off the wheel again and adjust it till its right. like right now my right side is about a half inch lower than my left so i have to lower the left side a little more. your not going to to toyotafest this year?

Well, not too long after I posted I took a look at how I had mine and thats exactly how I measured mine...I finally got it to ride evenly but what my main problem was I found was the dampening was on the softest which created lots of play on the front of the car so I went to the other extreme and it rides nice a tight now. But I guess my question now is how do you get that stance? Is it from wheel spacers? I want to go lower like you but I have 18's and I think thats the problem. Is toyota fest coming to AZ? HIN is here on the 14th and i'm going to that!
Valley of the SUN!!!!
tooshorty
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:16 pm

oh for some reason i thought you were here in socal my bad, the stance is something i worked on for a while! lol if your rocking 18's whats the width of the wheel and the offset? width and offset is what matters here. a 18x8 or 8.5 depending on the offset might make it you could have an 8.5 on a +20-25 offset and you will be pretty flush. In my case im on 17x9 +25 up front and 17x9 +15 rear and thats because i put 15mm spacers for the rear and i have a good amount of camber. I still wish i would have gone 9.5 all around for a more aggressive look. I still might sell my wheels and pick up the same kind just 9.5.
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6

Postby DSM_Lara » Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:46 pm

ToyoSolV6 wrote:^Yeah im ordering bigger spacers for the rear before toyotafest this year! :)

really, what might that be? 8) :wink:

Your gift has been sent to your Downey Address.
:wink:
1999 Toyota Solara SE V6 (TRD Edition) Rare Greddy EvoII/CP-E Intake/Renova Grill/Black Housing Front/OEM Hood Deflector :kp: :spam3: :spam1:Musubi
DSM_Lara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby tooshorty » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:25 pm

ToyoSolV6 wrote:oh for some reason i thought you were here in socal my bad, the stance is something i worked on for a while! lol if your rocking 18's whats the width of the wheel and the offset? width and offset is what matters here. a 18x8 or 8.5 depending on the offset might make it you could have an 8.5 on a +20-25 offset and you will be pretty flush. In my case im on 17x9 +25 up front and 17x9 +15 rear and thats because i put 15mm spacers for the rear and i have a good amount of camber. I still wish i would have gone 9.5 all around for a more aggressive look. I still might sell my wheels and pick up the same kind just 9.5.

Oooooh, ok that makes sense now. I got 18x7.5 so the width of the wheel base plus the spacers give it that agressive flush... Yeah man you got a perfect look for your car man. looks great. Well maybe one of these days I need to contact some solara guys when i visit socal because I don't think i've seen any solaraguys in AZ...i think there is one guy in Mesa but thats way eastside from me. Thanks for the help man, I got alot better understanding now for the future upgrades.
Valley of the SUN!!!!
tooshorty
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:15 pm

DSM_Lara wrote:
ToyoSolV6 wrote:^Yeah im ordering bigger spacers for the rear before toyotafest this year! :)

really, what might that be? 8) :wink:

Your gift has been sent to your Downey Address.
:wink:

lol, im excited now dude! wonder if its there at my house now. you said you shipped it last friday or this past friday? :D
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:17 pm

tooshorty wrote:
ToyoSolV6 wrote:oh for some reason i thought you were here in socal my bad, the stance is something i worked on for a while! lol if your rocking 18's whats the width of the wheel and the offset? width and offset is what matters here. a 18x8 or 8.5 depending on the offset might make it you could have an 8.5 on a +20-25 offset and you will be pretty flush. In my case im on 17x9 +25 up front and 17x9 +15 rear and thats because i put 15mm spacers for the rear and i have a good amount of camber. I still wish i would have gone 9.5 all around for a more aggressive look. I still might sell my wheels and pick up the same kind just 9.5.

Oooooh, ok that makes sense now. I got 18x7.5 so the width of the wheel base plus the spacers give it that agressive flush... Yeah man you got a perfect look for your car man. looks great. Well maybe one of these days I need to contact some solara guys when i visit socal because I don't think i've seen any solaraguys in AZ...i think there is one guy in Mesa but thats way eastside from me. Thanks for the help man, I got alot better understanding now for the future upgrades.

18x7.5 probably has a high offset wich doesnt give you that flush look, you would at least need an 8.5-9.5 to get that aggressive look a 9.5 is pretty much pushing it but the car will look sick! If you have anymore questions about this just hit me up dude.
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:59 pm

ToyoSolV6 wrote: I still might sell my wheels and pick up the same kind just 9.5.

if you find one... do it! the car looks excellent right now, but an extra 0.5 just might do the trick
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby tooshorty » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:41 pm

Hell ya man...if I got anymore questions i'll shoot you a PM! thanks for all your help. :D
Valley of the SUN!!!!
tooshorty
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby DaZanY4002 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:44 am

Wow! Your car looks really damn good man! It's sick!!
DaZanY4002
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

PreviousNext

Return to Pictures and Videos