[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Checking In- It's Been A While!
Post pictures or videos of your Solara and Camry!

Checking In- It's Been A While!

Checking In- It's Been A While!

Postby CamryOnBronze » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:05 pm

Hey guys! I stopped in to try to sell some lingering Solara parts the other day and got a little bit of a response, so I figured I would bring everyone up to speed. I've been away for too long! haha. I was surprised to see my car on the top banner when I logged in, haha- pretty cool.

My wife and I just sold our red gen 1 Solara on Saturday to a friend of mine. We had it for three years and about 60k miles and never had an issue with it! We had a baby back in June, so we didn't need the two door Solara around anymore. My wife upgraded to a 2004 Highlander, so I sold my 94 Camry that had 250k miles on it and drove her red Solara for the winter. I bought a 2003 Matrix XRS 6 speed back in May for baby hauling duties, so the Solara had to go! It was a great car, but we just didn't have a use for it anymore.

Last snap of the Solara before she left:

A snap of the Matrix when I got it back in May. It's all stock except for a TRD shift knob, and hopefully going to stay that way lol:

OK, now for something actually interesting lol. I've still got the 240, but I haven't really had much time for it since my daughter was born. I just took it out for a cruise yesterday for the first time in a while. WheelFlip refinished the Blitz 03 wheels for me to custom specs, and I just got them back about a month ago. Still some alignment kinks to work out, but it's in pretty good shape overall! Glad it is finally on the road:

Interior after some changes last winter:

The big project was shaving and repainting the engine bay last winter. Aside from small details, most of the work in the bay is done now- pretty happy about that!

The car put down 350 whp on the same dyno my Solara made about 230 whp on years ago, and the setup hasn't changed much since then. I haven't run it at all this year, but my best time the last time I went was 12.9 at 114 mph. It's not really built as anything more than a street car though. It's a fun project that is now more or less done as far as major stuff goes. I've said that before though, haha. We'll see!

One quick shot of my wife and I with our daughter Kinsey:

And one of my old Solara, in case some of you guys have no clue who I am or what I am talking about! lol

Hope you guys are doing well!

Damon
94 Camry: Beater
99 Solara: S/C & Totaled (RIP)
93 240SX: SR20DET
CamryOnBronze
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Re: Checking In- It's Been A While!

Postby 1gSE » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:15 pm

Glad to see you back. The 240 has come a long way. Very impressive. Nice numbers too. With that trap speed you can easily be in mid 12's
GTO-Vararam/Kooks/Spintech/MGW-P/Tune-12.9 @108
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby dinoxor » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:18 pm

dinoxor
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby SolaraPete » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:09 pm

Lookin real nice sitting on chrome! Not the most common finish these days - i dig it!
'99 S/C'd 5spd: 6psi-KYB/Intrax-Kaminari-Renova- 2.5in w/TRD muffler-full Injen CAI w/crisp-mongo filter-Walbro 190-305cc-Jim's fuel-torque rod-8mm Magnecore-EGR delete-ACT 6-puck-AEM wideband-SAFC2-Supra/ES300 F+R brake conversion
SolaraPete
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Toy1mzfe » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:32 pm

nice to see ya back bro.
Toy1mzfe
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:16 am

def a clean 240!!! very well done! Beautiful family dude! congrats :D
One of the few Built Forged Supercharged solaras in so cal
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6
Solaraguy's dopest driver

Postby CamryOnBronze » Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:57 am

Thanks guys, I appreciate it!

And lol at the YouTube link- I just watched that a couple of months ago. I do still kind of miss that car!
CamryOnBronze
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby Mr_Krispy1183 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:19 pm

Beautiful family, and I'm always a sucker for Blitz wheels! Glad to hear from you, Damon
'01 zenki MCV20 Silverstream Opalescent
Mr_Krispy1183
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:04 am

I still keep looking at these pics. That interior is imaculate looks like you just bought it from the dealer lol. The dash board is perfect!!
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6

Postby CamryOnBronze » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:25 pm

haha, thanks guys! It's been a long process for sure, haha. All it really needs is a decent paint job! Looks good in pics online, but it isn't the best in real life.
CamryOnBronze
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby crispone » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:37 pm

Damon,

240 looks GREAT but it doesn't even BEGIN to compare to the beauty of your VERY attractive wife, and absolutely PRICELESS wonder of the new daughter! She's obviously the WHOLE PACKAGE! :wink:

Very nice post with the pics, especially of you and the family. Good of you to drop in and give us a moment and share in the joys of progress with your exploits in life... clearly, the journey is just beginning! I'd like to wish you guys the best of life, and may all your roads be well paved and free of life's little bumps... and when you DO encounter an occasional pothole, may your good character "suspend" you back on track and to a smooth ride...

ENJOY!

-crisp :evilbat:
crispone
Immitagably Verbose Dude
Immitagably Verbose Dude

Postby hksxtrd562 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:41 pm

The rims on your white Solara @Damon, man.. hahah. If only Toyota were to redesign the Solara with more sport in mind so it could be the FR-S's bigger sibling. Then again that would just be a dream ):
You drive FASS man.
hksxtrd562
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:04 pm

CamryOnBronze wrote:haha, thanks guys! It's been a long process for sure, haha. All it really needs is a decent paint job! Looks good in pics online, but it isn't the best in real life.

yes i still remember when you posted the pic of when you bought it lol.
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:27 pm

congrats on the family, great family pic, and of course, great cars. i've said it before and i'll say it again... your solara on cardomain was one of the deciding factors that made me get a solara instead of something else.
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Akfahad » Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:12 pm

Congrats on the fam Damon...I've still got your car as one of my wallpapers! You're still one of the few members that took your ride so far so quick, but you definitely upgraded to a great platform. Glad to see your still lurking around
Akfahad
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Next

Return to Pictures and Videos