[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - New Look!!
Post pictures or videos of your Solara and Camry!

New Look!!

New Look!!

Postby GregSolara » Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:46 pm

Hey everyone. I got new wheels for my Solara. I upgraded to 17 inches and a wider wheel. I also got high performance tires and I have noticed a big difference. Being front wheel drive, there is alot of understeer to the car but the tires and the wider stance increases the grip significantly. Now I can take corners going at least 15 miles more than what I could at the limit before. Plus the rims I got are alot less in wieght vs. stock rims which means acceleration is a little bit better because there is less force required to move the wheels. The next thing I want is a sway bar and a new suspension set up. I want to make the handeling alot better and I want to get rid of the terrible body roll that most cars have. Anyway, here are some pics, tell me what you think!!

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/7/ ... 13445.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/70 ... 49241.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/81 ... 73063.jpg/
GregSolara
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: New Look!!

Postby mdatrdcam » Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:51 pm

Nice dude! I love that style of wheel. I have the same style on my camry, although mine are 9 1/2 inches wide and made by a different company haha. Your car is pretty clean too, I hope you keep tastefully modifying it. What kind of suspension setups are you considering for your car?
mdatrdcam
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby GregSolara » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:06 pm

Thanks man! I appriciate it! Ughh 9.5 inches wide is sexy lol. I was thinking about this company called Megan racing. They make an adjustable stut suspension. It's just over 800 bucks which is cheap and it has 10 different setttings so you can make the suspension stiffer for track days or softer for everyday use. The customer reviews seem legit too. I think I will do more reaserching though. I also want a carbon fiber hood to make the weight distrubution better. Stock Solaras are like 35% in the rear and 65% in the front. The ideal would be 50/50 which most true sports cars have. Reducing the weight in the front will make the car handle better and a CF hood would help, plus the hood pins would look badass. I want to pain the hood so it looks stock. I love the whole wolf in sheeps clothing idea.
GregSolara
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby GzNutz » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:46 pm

Looks good!
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby dinoxor » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:58 am

Dude your car looks immaculate!

Megans are good! A member here named krispy, I believe, tested one of the first batch for our car years ago. And I think to this day, is still using it
Just do some research regarding spring rate when ordering coilovers, I believe the stock spring rates may be too soft.
Before ordering you can probably request for a different spring rate and spring height

But if you want to something a little better I would recommend the black and gold BC racing coilovers
They sell for around 1000

Also I read somewhere that if you upgrade to coilover , it would be unnecessary to upgrade your sway bars, I might be wrong though
But yeah our stock sway bar can be a little stiffer, which contributes to the horrible steering and handling

Good luck with your build and keep us updated!
dinoxor
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby GregSolara » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:31 am

Thank you so much! I wax it alot and do everything I can to make the car look like it rolled out of the factory yesterday. Maintaining leather is pretty hard work btw. Thanks for the advice! I will look into them. Hopefully I can convice my parents to let me get coilovers. My dad said no on the carbon fiber hood so I need to convince him that it will help the handeling :/ I'm glad you seem to understand car handeling lol and thanks again! It will be a long time from now but I will keep you posted :D
GregSolara
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Pictures and Videos