[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - DIY: cabin air filter
Non-tutorials will be deleted.

DIY: cabin air filter

Postby Biggi_e » Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:30 am

RDKamikaze wrote:
Biggi_e wrote:even though i changed mine the day i wrote this DIY mine still smells every once in a while but i still dont know what it is but what Down2thec said about changing during seasons wise might be a good idea.

sapz-your avatar buddy... :o :o :o :D

Did you piss anybody off recently? They could have stuck a dead fish or an open can of tuna under your seat. Other popular suggestions is that you eat in your car and leave the bags in too long, you/others fart a lot, and you drive with the vent open by the cow farms. Whichever applies to you most is probably the culprit. :) .

um no but i smoke in my car while i drive and i know that affects it also
Biggi_e
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby mluu510 » Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:09 pm

why did you guys write a DIY for changing the air filter? it's clearly explained in the manual with pictures. i have the 06 solara manual. it's on page 198.
mluu510
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby know1uno » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:14 pm

My 2002 Solara had mildew issues from time to time and I wondered if it was possible to change that thing out.

Now that I have a 2006, I will learn how to change it out so my car won't stink after a few seasons of AC use.

I wonder how good the 3M filter idea would work instead of using a Toyota one and getting screwed on the price from Toyota?
know1uno
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: DIY: cabin air filter

Postby dronek1975 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:57 pm

Biggi_e wrote:-open your glove box
-you will see a little hinge on the right with a screw in it
-unscrew it and take apart the hinge
-then press both sides of the glove department on the black plastic inward
-that will release the glove department and just lay it on the floor
-then if look you will see a white box, move out the wires from it while trying to pull it out.
-then take the filter out and replace with the new
-after that follow the arrow on the box to make sure it is going inside upright.
-after that just attach the glove box and screw the hinge back together
-and thats it

hopefully this may help, i will take pictures when i have a chance.

Thanks for sharing as i was going to change filter this coming saturday.
Cheers
dronek1975
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Previous

Return to Tutorials Gen 2 and 2.5