[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - DL online manual.
Non-tutorials will be deleted.

DL online manual.

DL online manual.

Postby mik00725 » Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:13 pm

I don't know if this goes here. I find this interest topic at TN and was able to find very useful info.

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/t160473.html

Or go directly here

http://d01.megashares.com/?d01=b53c9f1

Please give props to pillpusher84 at TN
2004 Arctic Frost Pearl with Dark Stone Leather seats SE.
mik00725
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby that1mexguy » Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:13 pm

They don't have the manuals for the Solara Gen1 so I downloaded the manuals for the Camry since I figured I could use the same info on the 1MZ and wow, tons of good info there!!! Great find!!!
that1mexguy
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby tacti » Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:22 pm

great find. I just downloaded the copy, and will print some of them out when i go work on monday.
(it's hard to work off of the computer if i'm under my car...)
Thanks!!

Tacti
Used to be... Sand Mica THE Limited
Now... RX-8 THE Stock.... :(
RX-8 Page
Solara Page
SG Map
tacti
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby MCOjerry » Sun Oct 29, 2006 5:18 pm

that1mexguy wrote:They don't have the manuals for the Solara Gen1 so I downloaded the manuals for the Camry since I figured I could use the same info on the 1MZ and wow, tons of good info there!!! Great find!!!

Mexguy, were you able to open this? I downlaoded and burned to a CD, but when I try to open it it thinks I want to burn it to a CD again. Am I supposed to do something to the file before I burn it???

Thanks!!!
2006 SLE V6 Convertible Lunar Mist Metallic w/black top ➬
MCOjerry
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby cklinh » Sun Oct 29, 2006 5:40 pm

MCO, the iso file is a disk image of sorts... you need to use a program that supports disk images and it'll burn a CD of pdf's for you...

(can't remember if you're on a Mac or not, if so, Toast would work)
2004 Solara SLE V6 - Cosmic Blue Metallic
cklinh
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby MCOjerry » Sun Oct 29, 2006 5:42 pm

cklinh wrote:MCO, the iso file is a disk image of sorts... you need to use a program that supports disk images and it'll burn a CD of pdf's for you...

(can't remember if you're on a Mac or not, if so, Toast would work)

Mac is down, so I'm on a PC. Anything free that will work? I just used the thing that came with the PC. It's a Toshiba and the program is called Sonic. Do you think that the PC came with something that will work?

Thanks for the info, by the way :)
MCOjerry
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby mluu510 » Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:47 pm

wow, is this the real repair manual that we have to buy from toyota?!?! i was going to ask if it was worth buying. awesome!
mluu510
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby that1mexguy » Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:42 am

hey MCO, no i havent had a chance to burn it either. I have Nero at home and I think i can use that to burn it, honestly I'm not too sure how since I rarely use it. If I figure it out I'll let you know.
that1mexguy
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby mluu510 » Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:50 am

why don't you guys use a program that can extract iso files? i used winrar and extracted it.
mluu510
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby that1mexguy » Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:59 pm

well i downloaded here at work and when i double clicked on it, a program on my work pc called SONIC came up. I happened to have a blank CD in my laptop so i just went ahead and burned it, man this manual is awesome, but it's for a Gen4 camry so a few things are different from my ride :(
that1mexguy
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby MCOjerry » Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:14 pm

that1mexguy wrote:well i downloaded here at work and when i double clicked on it, a program on my work pc called SONIC came up. I happened to have a blank CD in my laptop so i just went ahead and burned it, man this manual is awesome, but it's for a Gen4 camry so a few things are different from my ride :(

I had Sonic on my PC too, but it burned it and when I try to open it from the CD, I just get the sonic thing coming up again.

On the bright side, my Mac is back up (thank the computer gods!)....what's TOAST, cklinh?
MCOjerry
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby MCOjerry » Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:19 pm

Hmm...popped the CD I burned into my Mac, and the files came up. Figures, the stupid PC can't read what it burned, but my Mac can.

Anyway, the all show up as .pdf files, and have to be opened separately...Looks like way technical stuff. But good to have I guess.
MCOjerry
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby cklinh » Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:54 pm

MCO... there should be a bookmark file on there "index.html" which acts as a Table of Contents of sorts, with links.
cklinh
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby cklinh » Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:56 pm

PS... Toast Titanium is a CD/DVD burning program... much more options than the built-in burner software in OS X... (you probably wouldn't use most of the options)
cklinh
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Down2TheC » Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:28 pm

I changed the subject of the post to be more descriptive.
http://solara.down2thec.com/gallery/
"We need failures in this world... failures gives us lap dances and chicken nuggets and I like both."
Down2TheC
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Next

Return to Tutorials Gen 2 and 2.5