[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - F""kin dealer try to rip me off
Ever have a bad experience? Well here's the place to discuss things.

F""kin dealer try to rip me off

F""kin dealer try to rip me off

Postby TRDMIKE3 » Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:18 pm

My 02 camry was ilding funny. The car start but rpm doesn't hold at 700.
It would idle low and the car shuts off. I checked the battery, alternator,fuses.. whatever i could on my own.... couldn't find the problem, so i took it to the nearest dealership they said it was the throttle
body, and it would cost me 1200 bucks to fix the problem..remember they charged me 100buck already just to find out what the problem was...SOB.... The service manager had the nerves to tell me that the car is acting up cause i have to many aftermarket products on the car...
I wanted to roundhouse him in the head...SOB just lied right in front of my face.... the only thing i have on that car are my 04 soalra rims anr the strut bar....what the hell does that have to do with the car idle....I said to myself....I was so mad i asked him to show me where the throttle body located and he did. I told him to get my car out and i said to him i'll go to the junk yard and rip it of 1mz-fe camry and he walk away...like a prick
SOB ...I can't belive he tried to scam me...WTF.... That's why i HATE dealers..................I'm so freakin mad....
TRDMIKE3
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby PXLpainter » Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:05 pm

I hear ya man - I actually LOVE to argue with idiots like that - stealerships are absolutely ridiculous when it comes to service! :roll:

I had the dealer try to tell my my TRD muffler was what was making the rattle in the back of the car, when it was a loose strut mount! :o I made the service manager walk out to the car (which hadn't been moved from it's original spot in a couple hours) and the assclown mech started it up and said "see - it no supposed to sound like dat" as he revved it up. LOL!! I made him actually DRIVE the freakin thing over the speed bump in their parking lot to hear the REAL rattle.

Fumbducks!
Old CarDomain pages here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2247283
So-long to my 2006 SLE Convertible...
PXLpainter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby steve-o » Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:00 pm

My '96 camry coupe had some IAC problems. It would cold start at 700 RPM and sometimes not at all until I gave it gas. At normal idle it wouldn't go past 700. It took a few tries but I ended up with a new throttle body which contains the matching IAC nad EGR valve. luckiluy I had the extended warranty. cost Toyota a fortune to fix that one.
steve-o
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby woa_its_j3ff » Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:44 pm

id stick that SOB in the car wash. wash the sh!t he'd try to sell you out of his mouth :D
where many hate, few will love,
But for those who love,
they'll see what it's like to live.

SolaraGuy Professional Racer
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby FLUXEMAG » Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:09 am

I'd like to take a moment to remember 'silversurfer' and the time we all spent trying to figure out his starter problems (which resided in his head along with lemon law expertise). Lol, never saw him post again after he got called out.
1967 Karmann Ghia Coupe, Rusty White
2005 Solara SE Sport V6, Lunar Mist
2010 G37 Coupe, Moonlight White
FLUXEMAG
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby krawzyazn » Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:34 am

idle control senesor problem
2002 2AZ-FE SILVER Toyota Solara
<B>FIRST 2AZ Gen 1.5 Solara with Headers!!!</b>

<B>http://WWW.Obamastinks.net</B>
krawzyazn
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Postby lilm » Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:12 pm

FLUXEMAG wrote:I'd like to take a moment to remember 'silversurfer' and the time we all spent trying to figure out his starter problems (which resided in his head along with lemon law expertise). Lol, never saw him post again after he got called out.

LOL i remeber that
[quote="PhreakdOut"]Nice Jeff. I can't even get fat chicks to pose with my cars. [/quote]
lilm
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

forget them

Postby E_funkdoktor » Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:07 am

Forget the stealership, just find a good mechanic and build a relationship with them ...
Solara Freak!
E_funkdoktor
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: forget them

Postby NeFaRiOuS_SLE » Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:07 am

E_funkdoktor wrote:Forget the stealership, just find a good mechanic and build a relationship with them ...

That's a damned important rule. I had a pal that worked at Puente Hills Toyota (which out of all people was the supervisor), and the service just tried to work $1500 worth of repairs into the car. So glad I found Benny's Toyotas Only in Covina; the guy actually told me the straight truth about everything..
NeFaRiOuS_SLE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

ya man

Postby E_funkdoktor » Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:17 am

its a scandelous business... easily tricked out of a few hundred hard earned $$$, they even screw ur car up man! its retarded, ur better off doing ur own crap mang... just make sure u know who works on ur ride and make sure u BITCH at them if anything screws up! :evil:
Solara Freak!
E_funkdoktor
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Horrible Dealer/Service Rants