[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - revospec
Ever have a bad experience? Well here's the place to discuss things.

What intake do you have?

Poll ended at Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:17 pm

Injen
80%
generic
20%

Total votes : 5

revospec

revospec

Postby 2000bluepearl » Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:17 pm

There are Intake filters being sold on ebay by "revospec". I see there are mulitple sellers selling the same thing (probably the same person/people). Anyhow. Most of us who have air intakes on our Solara's (at least v6 models gen 1 and 1.5) have Injen. It's really the only one that fits. I decided to buy a generic one a long time ago and it was just a staight pipe and didnt fit right. As we all know, the injen intake filter is a 2.75". These cost aprox $50 to replace. I found "revospec" on ebay and ordered 2 filters for a total of $25. I got them and they are good quality...but they are the standard 3" filter. Of course I know not to buy the filters that say "for Solara" because we already know that scam (selling universal filters with a car's name behind it). Anyhow, i did a search for "2.75" air filters and a long list from "revospec" came up. Nice looking replacement filters. It specifically said 2.75" inlet. Dont BUy this product...it is a scam. This seller has not looked over his products.
2000bluepearl
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby woa_its_j3ff » Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:20 pm

i have no idea what you're talking about in this thread but I have an injen, and am now wanting that cpe. :drinking:
where many hate, few will love,
But for those who love,
they'll see what it's like to live.

SolaraGuy Professional Racer
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby Ruski » Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:21 pm

Thanks for the info But i dont think members use generic filter is they have a injen intake . I might be wrong on that one
Totaled 9-14-07 NEW 6-6-08 04 Se Sport White
Ruski
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Re: revospec

Postby DatSRBoi » Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:27 pm

2000bluepearl wrote:There are Intake filters being sold on ebay by "revospec". I see there are mulitple sellers selling the same thing (probably the same person/people). Anyhow. Most of us who have air intakes on our Solara's (at least v6 models gen 1 and 1.5) have Injen. It's really the only one that fits. I decided to buy a generic one a long time ago and it was just a staight pipe and didnt fit right. As we all know, the injen intake filter is a 2.75". These cost aprox $50 to replace. I found "revospec" on ebay and ordered 2 filters for a total of $25. I got them and they are good quality...but they are the standard 3" filter. Of course I know not to buy the filters that say "for Solara" because we already know that scam (selling universal filters with a car's name behind it). Anyhow, i did a search for "2.75" air filters and a long list from "revospec" came up. Nice looking replacement filters. It specifically said 2.75" inlet. Dont BUy this product...it is a scam. This seller has not looked over his products.

Ouch too much to read.
Last edited by DatSRBoi on Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[b][color=red]WARNING: MY SIGNATURE MAY CAUSE SEIZURES![/color][/b]
DatSRBoi
Grumpy SolaraGuy
Grumpy SolaraGuy

Postby Ruski » Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:33 pm

for your poll you should include Stock Not everyone has a after market intake
Plus this thread is kinda pointless
Totaled 9-14-07 NEW 6-6-08 04 Se Sport White
Ruski
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

sorry

Postby 2000bluepearl » Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:12 pm

Sorry the thread was pointless. I just was trying to say this ebay member was falsly advertizing automotive parts and i got taken advantage of.

I have an injen intake but the filter needed to be replaced. I guess its been too long between cleanings...

I just cant see spending $50 on an air filter even if it supose to last forever. I cant believe i spent $200 on the injen air intake like 5 years ago. (price hasnt changed much)

your right i should have included "stock" in my pole.
2000bluepearl
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Turbosolara » Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:33 pm

i had S&B before, it is almost identical to K&N. it is good because it use cotton paper like k&N (unlike other generic filters, used cotton paper looks plastic)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/S-B-Inve ... enameZWDVW
2002 Lexus IS300 5MT
1997 Prelude base, 5MT
Turbosolara
juicy Taiwanese sausage
juicy Taiwanese sausage

Postby facevedo17 » Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:28 pm

is this the same guy selling the HID 's ???
[
facevedo17
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Horrible Dealer/Service Rants