[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - "Behind the Teeth" install MikeT's Lower Grilles
Non-tutorials will be deleted.

"Behind the Teeth" install MikeT's Lower Grilles

Postby PhreakdOut » Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:14 pm

Nice tutorial Jeff. That is very clean looking.
-- The Phreak
'04 350Z 6spd Touring Roadster w/Nav | Megan Racing | Greddy | Nissan Motorsports | Whiteline | Wicked Tuning | Giovanna | Injen | Polished Intake & Throttle Body | Eibach | Central 20 | Stillen | Misc CF Items
PhreakdOut
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby Biggi_e » Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:00 pm

Bat Man wrote:Hi, new to the board here. I own a 2007 Silver V6 Sport Coupe. The front bumper has always bothered me, I much prefer the 06 bumper.

Anyway, does that honeycomb pattern for the lower grille match the OEM 07 pattern?

I'm interested in installing one myself, how can I buy the lower grille? How much?

Please feel free to email me at BrianHa2002(at)gmail.com

Thanks,

Brian

the gen2.5 lower part is different, it wont be able to fit. michael t grills are only for 2004-06 but you can be the first to make your own?
Biggi_e
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby crispone » Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:11 pm

Jeff,

I'm gonna look at doing that with mine this spring when it warms up. It will eliminate the "slight" gaps that exist with the "FRONT" install... and I LIKE how yours looks.

Easy to do and undo, either way.

Really not MUCH gap at all... but getting the "ends" to fit snug and stay put is a little tricky... especially to keep it JUST EVEN on both sides. I think your trick would make it VERY clean and secure.

-crisp :evilbat: :drinking:
crispone
Immitagably Verbose Dude
Immitagably Verbose Dude

Postby crispone » Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:13 pm

Jeff! What happened to the link to your ride? We need a FULL-ON frontal (of the car 8) ) to really see what's up with the finished look! :wink:

How about a pic or link?

-crisp :evilbat: :drinking:
crispone
Immitagably Verbose Dude
Immitagably Verbose Dude

Postby ---CAMRAZY--- » Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:57 pm

PhreakdOut wrote:Nice tutorial Jeff. That is very clean looking.

Agreed!!! Very nice Senor!!!
If there are any haters in here right now that don't have anybody to hate on, feel free to hate on me.-Katt Williams
---CAMRAZY---
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Bat Man » Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:03 pm

Thanks for the head's up. Any idea where I can find a sheet of that patterned plastic grille material? Any special tips on cutting it?
Bat Man
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby RDKamikaze » Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:14 pm

MCOjerry wrote:
PXLpainter wrote:Thanks again guys - had a few people standing around in front of my car when I came out of the restaurant tonight - one guy asked what kind of car it was - LOL - obviously didn't wander around the back! :)

Yeah, the other day I caught someone using their cell phone to take a picture of my car while I was stopped at a light. :D

Haha, I did that to some lady in her convertable Lambo today! We were both at the light and I just took a pic and she smiled. Nice car..
RDKamikaze
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

2008 Solara Grill

Postby Toyota 007 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:43 pm

Hello all-

First post actually. Just bought my first Solara over the weekend, it's a new 2008 that they still had on the lot, in Gray Metallic.

Now, onto the lower grill issue... :-?

For how nice this car seems to be laid out and designed, I'm totally amazed that the lower grill is so wide open like it is...? :roll:

I just started looking around here and came across this post. The work done in the post here at least looks similar to what mine does. It's WIDE open with a couple of vertical posts in between.

The material that you used on here, was it something that you purchased from Toyota or is it a material from a Home Depot etc...?

Thanks much and looking forward to contributing here...

-Sean
Toyota 007
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Previous

Return to Tutorials Gen 2 and 2.5