[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Speaker Sizes/Placement for Gen 2
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Speaker Sizes/Placement for Gen 2

Speaker Sizes/Placement for Gen 2

Postby PXLpainter » Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:06 pm

After doing a bit of searching again for this info, I finally found it...

A link to the JBL site that gives the size/location of the OEM speakers for both Gen 2 Solara Coupe/Convertible

http://www.jbltoyota.com/toyota_solara/front_sound.asp

:up:
Old CarDomain pages here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2247283
So-long to my 2006 SLE Convertible...
PXLpainter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby scLara626 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:24 pm

Has anyone replaced the tweeters in the front in the dash yet? Let alone take the whole dash apart and get to them?
" I heard (YOUR NAME GOES HERE) got fired from the sperm bank for drinking on the job''
scLara626
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Aotoyota » Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:15 pm

tweeters? where the windshield and the dash meet?

i used a pick to get it out. its is a mesh grille that pops out. then
i think it was two ten mm bolts that hold it in place???
Alpine + Dynaudio = Sonic bliss.
Aotoyota
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby crispone » Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:24 pm

Thanks, Jeff... that cleared something up for me.

-crisp :evilbat:
crispone
Immitagably Verbose Dude
Immitagably Verbose Dude

Postby theprodigy79 » Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:15 pm

scLara626 wrote:Has anyone replaced the tweeters in the front in the dash yet? Let alone take the whole dash apart and get to them?

The "tweeters" in the dash are 2" crappy paper cone speakers (I don't remember the exact size, but they are small high-range speakers) and are very easy to get to... Pop off the A-Pillars, remove the speaker cover (I think it's one bolt) and remove the speakers (two bolts each)... Done... Don't quote me on the speaker grille having one bolt, as I did this 3 years ago, but it's easy to remove any way you look at it (and does not require taking the whole dash apart)...

-James
Last edited by theprodigy79 on Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'04 Solara SE Sport V6, all TRD + CP-e, gone but not forgotten... '09 G37S Sedan and '88 Supra Turbo project
theprodigy79
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby PXLpainter » Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:53 pm

^^ I read that the little "dash tweeter" grilles just pry/pop out - no screws. :-?
Old CarDomain pages here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2247283
So-long to my 2006 SLE Convertible...
PXLpainter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby theprodigy79 » Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:11 pm

Nopers... Here's da proof (now ya made me have to go and dig through all my old crap!):

JBL SETUP ONLY!

Headunit:
JBL eh? heh... More like Panasonic de Mexico! :-P

Rear Speakers (Located firing upward in rear deck tray):

Front Speakers (Located in front doors):

"Tweeters" (Located in-dash firing upward near front windshield):

POS JBL Amp (Located behind glove box):

Fancy Schmancy...

-James
Last edited by theprodigy79 on Tue May 01, 2007 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'04 Solara SE Sport V6, all TRD + CP-e, gone but not forgotten... '09 G37S Sedan and '88 Supra Turbo project
theprodigy79
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby funboy102 » Tue May 01, 2007 7:06 pm

wow, those were nice pics, and dang, haha, those tweeters keep on reminding me of exhaust flanges and the gaskets that go between them. You guys know what I'm talking about right?
1999 Solara SE V6 5-Speed PICS! http://www.solaraguy.com/viewtopic.php?t=43759
funboy102
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby philosophicaljt » Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:41 pm

Since I'm new to this solara thing, I have some stupid questions:

What models did this come on?
Would my 2004 Coupe SLE with Navigation come with this? And IS there anyway to get the convertible subwoofer in my coupe? or are there better alternatives?
philosophicaljt
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby kpxboi0619 » Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:10 pm

I replaced all my OEM speakers to aftermarket speakers and....

front tweater thingy, itz just pop open and put the speakers in

Front door speakers are 6X9 and it was kinda hard to get this one in, since the OEM speakers are really thin and a lot of good aftermarket 6x9s are thick, so I just cut/trimmed the speaker plate on the door thing and fitted an aftermarket 6x9.
(or you can use the adapter? thing and put smaller speakers)

Rear speakers were also 6x9 and it was pretty easy to install them. :)
kpxboi0619
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby MCOjerry » Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:26 pm

philosophicaljt wrote:Since I'm new to this solara thing, I have some stupid questions:

What models did this come on?
Would my 2004 Coupe SLE with Navigation come with this? And IS there anyway to get the convertible subwoofer in my coupe? or are there better alternatives?

John, if you have an SLE, then you have the JBL system. I think there is a tutorial around here, somewhere, on how to get at the subwoofer in the vert, but you'd prbably be better off with aftermarket.
2006 SLE V6 Convertible Lunar Mist Metallic w/black top ➬
MCOjerry
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby philosophicaljt » Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:35 am

I am wondering if the new 07 Camry's JBL amp (440watts) could replace my Solara JBL amp (270 watts).

I wonder if it would just connect right up, or if it would even work at all.

The descriptions are very different.

Solara:
    (1) 6-Channel Digital Signal Processing (DSP) amplifier delivers 270 watts of pure JBL audio system power.
    • The amplifier’s onboard DSP converts the incoming audio signal (CD, broadcast) into multiple channels, delivering specific information to each of the JBL premium audio system’s loudspeakers, ensuring optimum imaging to each of the vehicle’s seating locations

• Each of the amplifier’s output channels delivers a specific amount of power to each of the Solara’s loudspeakers, optimizing output and imaging, regardless of the music source.

• A sophisticated signal mixer blends the amplified signals into a superb stereo listening experience for all of the vehicle's occupants.
Camry:
    (1) The 8-channel digital signal processing (DSP) amplifier, rated nominally at 55 watts/channel and 440 watts of overall power output, is mounted underneath the front passenger seat.
    • This amplifier first converts the incoming audio signal (CD, broadcast) into multiple channels, then delivers specific information to each of the JBL system’s loudspeakers, ensuring optimum audio imaging to each of the vehicle’s seating locations.

• Each of the amplifier’s eight digital output channels delivers a varying amount of power to each of Camry’s 8 specialized loudspeakers, optimizing balance and enhancing tonal blending, regardless of the music or broadcast source.
2004 Solara SLE V6
Search
philosophicaljt
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby behrozec34 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:44 pm

whats the mounting depth on the front speakers?
behrozec34
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby michaels artic frost » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:54 pm

I'm posting this info just in case the link no longer works.

http://www.jbltoyota.com/toyota_solara/audio_advantages.asp

Front Sound

(2) 65mm composite-cone midrange/tweeters, left- and right-handside, found in the instrument panel.

(2) 6" x 9" composite cone woofers, one in each front-door panel

Rear Sound Coupe

(2) 6" x 9" inch coaxial loudspeakers with integral 10mm tweeters, mounted on the left- and right-handside of the rear-deck panel.

Rear Sound Convertible

(2) 16cm Full-range loudspeakers, mounted in the rear side trim panels.

(1) 20cm subwoofer, located behind the rear center arm rest.

Amplifier

(1) 6-Channel Digital Signal Processing (DSP) amplifier delivers 270 watts of pure JBL audio system power.
• The amplifier’s onboard DSP converts the incoming audio signal (CD, broadcast) into multiple channels, delivering specific information to each of the JBL premium audio system’s loudspeakers, ensuring optimum imaging to each of the vehicle’s seating locations

• Each of the amplifier’s output channels delivers a specific amount of power to each of the Solara’s loudspeakers, optimizing output and imaging, regardless of the music source.

• A sophisticated signal mixer blends the amplified signals into a superb stereo listening experience for all of the vehicle's occupants.

Woofers (Subwoofer) Coupe

(2) 6" x 9" coaxial loudspeakers with their integral 10mm tweeters are mounted on the left and right hand side of the rear deck panel.

Subwoofer Convertible

(1) 20cm subwoofer, located behind the rear center arm rest.

The JBL and Toyota Partnership

As with any good relationship, big things start small...
Toyota and JBL agreed to become partners in 1997.

• The first vehicle in the Toyota lineup to benefit from JBL-branded audio was the previous generation Solara (1999 model year).

• JBL Synthesis®, JBL’s brand designation for surround sound, first entered the Toyota lineup in a 5.1 format on the Sienna and 4Runner (2003 model year), and now 7.1 format on the Avalon (2005 model year).

• JBL has also provided an unbranded premium rear-seat entertainment system on the Land Cruiser since the 2004 model year.

The partnership continues to be so successful that JBL audio is now available as an option on 15 of Toyota's model lines.

Great Sound and Your Toyota

Like a fine wine, a good audio system requires a lot of time and patience to develop...
To ensure that the acoustic design of Toyota's premium audio system integrates with both the vehicle's electronics and its interior design, JBL collaborates with Toyota in the vehicle's design a full two years before its launch.

Hundreds of hours are spent by dedicated JBL audio technicians ‘voicing’ the proper acoustic personality, based on design requirements and definition provided by the Toyota development and design team, to develop the audio system.

Each component within the JBL audio system is unique, with no off-the-shelf-parts utilization. Each component and audio system is optimized for each specific Toyota vehicle.

Every JBL/Toyota audio system benefits from the more than 75 years of JBL's professional audio reproduction experience in the Hollywood film and home-audio industries.

JBL Audio Advantages
• In the Solara coupe, the JBL premium audio system features eight optimally positioned loudspeakers in six locations, while the Solara convertible features seven optimally positioned loudspeakers.

• Both system executions have been engineered to ensure that the listening experience is nothing less than perfect from all seating locations.

• The heart of the JBL premium sound system is its unique 6-channel Digital Signal Processing (DSP) amplifier, which delivers 270 watts of pure power to the Solara’s loudspeaker complement. This intelligent amplifier delivers specific musical information to each of the loudspeakers, taking into account location and arrival time. This technology ensures an incredibly dynamic audio performance and creates a soundstage that rivals that found in the best home-audio systems available.

• All 2-channel listening formats are enhanced by the JBL premium audio sound systems.

• As are all JBL audio systems, those in the Solara coupe and convertible are fully covered under the overall Toyota product warranty, and will be serviced by any Toyota dealership nationwide in the unlikely event it is needed.
Updated 06/01/12: Michael T's
Updated 06/01/12: JUICED! 232whp 294ft/lbs of torque
"Every passing minute is another chance to turn it all around."
michaels artic frost
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby JoBu » Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:56 am

With the exception of the subwoofer, what are the speaker sizes for those of us with the lowly SE models? I'm assuming that I have 4 6x9 speakers along with the 2" tweeters in the dash. Is this correct?

Cheers,

Joe
I hope that when I die, people will say of me, "Gee, that guy sure owed me a lot of money"... J. Handy

'04 Solara SE Coupe (I-4, 5M)
JoBu
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Next

Return to A/V/N Gen 2 and 2.5