[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - ***Gen 2 V6 - JPP Headers & Y Pipe - HISTORY & INFO
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

***Gen 2 V6 - JPP Headers & Y Pipe - HISTORY & INFO

Postby ---CAMRAZY--- » Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:18 pm

Jeff, those headers sound mean!!!!!!!!!!!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=gilsSWS5tsI
If there are any haters in here right now that don't have anybody to hate on, feel free to hate on me.-Katt Williams
---CAMRAZY---
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Sebas007 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:00 am

It sounds badass w/o the muffler !! What about the same setup with the TRD muffler on ?

Does it sounds as it performs ?? That's the question...
I know can't be as a turbo or SC boost...just want to know the WHP added
Last edited by Sebas007 on Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sebas007
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby PXLpainter » Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:46 am

^^ as previously mentioned, we're awaiting yet another mod to the Y-pipe before getting it re-dyno'd to see if we can get the power curve we're looking for. Right now the bottom end is weak because too much airflow.

Will update as soon as I get the new Y and dyno again.
Old CarDomain pages here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2247283
So-long to my 2006 SLE Convertible...
PXLpainter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby Sebas007 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:16 am

Thank you very much Jeff for the update !! :)
Sebas007
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby Biggi_e » Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:24 am

hopfully we get this thing going b4 spring time :D many future plans ahead and this is #1 of them. thanks jeff for everything your doing for us gen2's
Biggi_e
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby PhreakdOut » Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:51 am

Ugh! Searching 20 pages to find the video of Jeff's car on the road (not with the exhaust disconnected!)

Jeff:

I'm still searching for a Gen2 ragtop. This is taking longer than I thought. (I guess I'm too picky) Anyway, you can count on me to join in as soon as I land another 'Lara.

I'd like to experiment with running two balanced smaller diameter pipes in a true dual exhaust with hopes that bottom end will come back yet still get the gains of the headers. The system would be very similar to a design we used for the first version of the Pontiac GTO where duals came out on one side. It sounded very wicked.
-- The Phreak
'04 350Z 6spd Touring Roadster w/Nav | Megan Racing | Greddy | Nissan Motorsports | Whiteline | Wicked Tuning | Giovanna | Injen | Polished Intake & Throttle Body | Eibach | Central 20 | Stillen | Misc CF Items
PhreakdOut
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby white_solara » Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:16 am

guys is the group buy for JP header still going?
white_solara
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Sebas007 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:16 pm

Like to see, it still alive...even more then ever !
Sebas007
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby PXLpainter » Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:17 am

PhreakdOut wrote:Ugh! Searching 20 pages to find the video of Jeff's car on the road (not with the exhaust disconnected!)

Jeff:

I'm still searching for a Gen2 ragtop. This is taking longer than I thought. (I guess I'm too picky) Anyway, you can count on me to join in as soon as I land another 'Lara.

I'd like to experiment with running two balanced smaller diameter pipes in a true dual exhaust with hopes that bottom end will come back yet still get the gains of the headers. The system would be very similar to a design we used for the first version of the Pontiac GTO where duals came out on one side. It sounded very wicked.

Phreak - how/where would you run the pipes anyway? Duals won't fit without mods to the undercarriage/trunk area/bumper.

Waiting for a new Y-pipe for next testing. JPP hasn't notified me yet.
PXLpainter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby PhreakdOut » Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:30 am

PXLpainter wrote:Phreak - how/where would you run the pipes anyway? Duals won't fit without mods to the undercarriage/trunk area/bumper.

The pipes would run side by side down the current tunnel and enter a dual in / dual out muffler or dual 4" rounds. This works fine for all but the SE Sport with the body kit. Unless they wanted to do some cutting. :x

We'll see, let's not put the cart in front of the horse.
-- The Phreak
'04 350Z 6spd Touring Roadster w/Nav | Megan Racing | Greddy | Nissan Motorsports | Whiteline | Wicked Tuning | Giovanna | Injen | Polished Intake & Throttle Body | Eibach | Central 20 | Stillen | Misc CF Items
PhreakdOut
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby PXLpainter » Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:46 am

PhreakdOut wrote:
PXLpainter wrote:Phreak - how/where would you run the pipes anyway? Duals won't fit without mods to the undercarriage/trunk area/bumper.

The pipes would run side by side down the current tunnel and enter a dual in / dual out muffler or dual 4" rounds. This works fine for all but the SE Sport with the body kit. Unless they wanted to do some cutting. :x

We'll see, let's not put the cart in front of the horse.

Screw that! Fess up boy!! That would eliminate the Y-pipe and everything back! :o
PXLpainter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby PhreakdOut » Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:58 am

PXLpainter wrote:
Screw that! Fess up boy!! That would eliminate the Y-pipe and everything back! :o

You didn't think I'd put that in writing did you? LOL :P
-- The Phreak
PhreakdOut
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby PXLpainter » Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:22 pm

Okay - you're either considering going with really tiny pipes or you're pulling our legs.I checked with JP today and they said it will be worse than what I currently have. Our 3.3s can't handle that much flow - total loss of low-end torque/HP. :(
PXLpainter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby PXLpainter » Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:37 am

Okay - here's the latest update...

For those of you who want Dyno chart results, I think you're going to be SOL on this one. Dyno tuning actually made the car perform WORSE as the factory ECU is confused by the amount of airflow the CP-e is letting into the engine... which is why your car won't run without the MAF unitl they ship with it that overrides this phenomenon.

Split-Second has replaced the CP-e MAF with their own that not only deals with that, but also the greater airflow from the headers/Y-pipe.

We originally thought the loss of low-end torque was caused by the higher-flow of the new system but it was indeed the need for actual street tuning to override what the dyno-tuning settings were spitting out.

So I'm sorry I don't have numbers for you - just whiplash from the new tune adjustment and balder tires from getting a 1-2 gear burnout consistently from stand-still!! :o :up:

I even got some tire chirp jumping on it in 2nd and it's really hard to break these tires loose at all on dry pavement!

So I guess for those who need real numbers, I better plan a trip out ot the track and record some 1/4 mile times for you. Other than that - I think this egg is cooked and the system should be close to ready for prime time!

I'll update with more details/info soon... we'll probably close this thread and start a new one once the package deal is set-up with JPP & Split Second. :)
PXLpainter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby Sebas007 » Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:06 pm

Cool to hear some news !

So bottom line...

The CP-e cannot be properly tuned with the JPP setup isn't it ?
Will you compare your quarter mile runs with Mike's (down2thec) one ? I think gen 2 ragtop can do 15.8-16 stock
Last edited by Sebas007 on Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sebas007
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Aftermarket Gen 2 and 2.5