[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - DO NOT go to Texas Toyota service dept.
Ever have a bad experience? Well here's the place to discuss things.

DO NOT go to Texas Toyota service dept.

DO NOT go to Texas Toyota service dept.

Postby CosmicGrooves » Sun Nov 18, 2007 3:18 pm

About a year ago, I took my car in to have some interior rattles check out. While they were working on the car, they punched the roof which caused a dent and took the paint off. The car had to be repainted (roof). While there, I also slipped on the oil/water they had on the floor of the service department and knocked the heck out of my knee.
Because of their negligence, they also replaced the front lip that was messed up and the passenger side window tint that was scratched. I would have preferred they didn't damage my car.

I couple weeks ago, I took the car in to have the carpet checked out. It was coming lose on the passenger side. They said it just needed to be stretched. I said no problem and left thinking it was fixed. Then the carpet started pealing off again.
I took the car back and they said they had to order new carpet because the carpet was either cut wrong or laid in crooked. I said ok.
I came back a couple days later and they installed the carpet. I thought, great.
Then I noticed, the next day, the driver side seat belt was all twisted up. I took the car back again and said, the seat belt is twisted up. He said, yup, and took the car to fix it. I left thinking the seat belt was fixed... then noticed it was STILL twisted up, but differently.
I took it back and said the seat belt is still messed up. They looked at it with crossed eyes trying to figure it out. Finally they brought it back and the seat belt was straightened out.
Then a couple days after that, the seat belt start making a crazy squeak when it is pulled out or pulled back in.

Then today, I was cleaning the car and noticed the back passenger side seat leater was VERY wrinkled. Then I noticed the passenger seat was crooked. I also noticed a spot on the carpet in the back that is exposing the metal under it.

THEN I noticed what has really pissed me off. A spot on the passenger side leather seat has been repaired. Apparantly, they ripped the leather and "repaired" it thinking I wouldn't notice, I assume.

WHAT the funk is this? Every time I bring my car to this service department, something else comes out more funked up that it was before.

Please, someone help me find a Toyota district manager or something. I have 200 miles left on warranty and I am so extremely pissed off. I don't want to take the car back AGAIN, because they'll screw something else up!

If anyone can give me a district Toyota department phone number or something, I would be very grateful. I do not understand the incompetence of this service department. Either they are incompetent or they are scammers.

Either way, I will be contacting the Better Business Buearu but I also want to find some regional, or district Toyota department to report this to. I also will be trying to find the president or CEO or something for Texas Toyota.

I recommend that NOBODY EVER GO TO TEXAS TOYOTA.
CosmicGrooves
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Somedude » Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:29 pm

Sucks to hear about this. Thanks for the warning about that place though.

Did you try other Toyota Dealers?
"Nearly all men can stand adversity,
but if you want to test a man's character,
give him power". -Abraham Lincoln
Somedude
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby MCOjerry » Sun Nov 18, 2007 5:10 pm

That SUCKS! i hope someone has a name for you.

In my experience, my Toyota dealer can be the same way, but not as bad as yours. In fact, most card dealers could care less about your investment. It's bad enough they immediately depreciate on their own, no extra help from them is needed.
2006 SLE V6 Convertible Lunar Mist Metallic w/black top ➬
MCOjerry
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby SolaraGuy22 » Sun Nov 18, 2007 5:46 pm

Sorry to hear about all that. Just make sure you keep all receipts from when you went or any warranty paper work. I kick my ass for not doing that when I had problems with my local dealership.

Good luck
SolaraGuy22
SolaraGuy Pimp
SolaraGuy Pimp

Re: DO NOT go to Texas Toyota service dept.

Postby QuickSEV6 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:05 am

CosmicGrooves wrote:I recommend that NOBODY EVER GO TO TEXAS TOYOTA.

I agree 100%.

I bought my Solara from them.
I had to order my Solara a second time. The first time I ordered it, it came in with the wrong color interior.
I've only game gone back to the dealer three times. Everytime I go, they try to squeeze every penny out of me and give me a difficult time.

I received a coupon book from them in the mail. It had two coupons I wanted to use. 1) $50 off any purchase over $400 and 2) free touch-up paint pen with any purchase over $100.

I bought a part for $440. Minus the $50, the total was $390. I tried to get the free paint pen, but they refused saying that I couldn't use two coupons for the same purchase. This fact was not mentioned on either coupon.

This simple act of nickel and diming me turned me off forever. I now go to Freeman or Jim McNatt Toyota.

I will never again go to Texas Toyota for anything. Parts, service or to buy a new vehicle. They lost my business forever.
QuickSEV6
Solara Driver Extraordinaire

Postby MCOjerry » Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:54 pm

Trouble is, they don't care. There is always someone to replace you, never ending...it's too bad that people still go to places like that. I mean, most large cities have at least 3 Toyota dealerships...then again, they are all like that :D
2006 SLE V6 Convertible Lunar Mist Metallic w/black top ➬
MCOjerry
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby CosmicGrooves » Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:56 am

I found a number on the Toyota.com website, called it and now have a case number. I should be getting a call back from Texas Toyota within 3 days.

I stopped going to Freeman because I felt like they scammed me years ago with my 1996 Paseo. I should give Freeman another chance, I guess.

Maybe I should just drive all the way over to Toyota of Ft. Worth. It's kinda far, but if the service is good, I'll go there instead.

I actually bought my car from Texas Toyota and it was a fairly good experience. I liked my salesman, which is very unusual for me. I normally hate all salesmen.

The truth is, as was stated in the post before, the only way to fix the situation is to never go back to Texas Toyota. Just replace my back seat, stop the seat belt squeek and I'll never go back... of course, the replacing of the seat and fixing the belt will only mean they broke 5 other things the will need to fix.
CosmicGrooves
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby CosmicGrooves » Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:17 am

Newest update:

I got a call from Texas Toyota today, from Lisa, the customer service lady. I have scheduled a time later this week to take my car in and speak to Chris, the service director.
She was saying that I didn't need to contact Toyota over this, and that I just needed to contact them... the Texas Toyota customer service people, I guess. She then said that Texas Toyota is the #1 Toyota service department in the city. I then replied "how many Toyota service departments are there in Grapevine?" She stumbled for a second, and then said she meant the metroplex (Dallas/Ft. Worth).

Hopefully things work out. I guess Chris is a new service director. I spoke to a service director last year and his name was Bobby.
CosmicGrooves
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby QuickSEV6 » Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:59 pm

I wish you luck, but they already burned that bridge with me. I'll never return there.
QuickSEV6

Return to Horrible Dealer/Service Rants