[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - 99 sle headunit install help.confusion?? pics posted
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

99 sle headunit install help.confusion?? pics posted

99 sle headunit install help.confusion?? pics posted

Postby solaran » Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:25 pm

guys i am trying to install a aftermarket unit and when i removed my headunit i discovered that there is only one pin/harness connected to back of my radio which is not JBL,but stock. there are to pins behind the radio one on right (in this picture on the left,was empty) do i have factory amp in my car? i currently have pioneer speakers installed in the door (previoius owner) they were running off stock headunit.Please point me in right direction if i need another harness ..and if this is the right harness http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/ ... 761&tp=736 below are the pictures explaining my question. i am sure many of you have gone through this. thanks a lot

Image[/img]
solaran
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Jakecallun20 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:27 pm

There is a harness up in the upper right corner of the opening. Unplug that, and use the harness that came with your dash kit for Toyota. It will be the same as a Non-JBL system. Hope this helps, PM me if you have questions.
02' AV6 Accord Coupe- Daily
86' Mercedes 560SL- Project
99' Solara SLE V6- Sold 09/19/09 :(
Jakecallun20
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Ruski » Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:31 pm

you need to get a harness that plugs and plays with your stock one. so you do have to splice stock wires. for the wires missing if you track that harness it will lead to near the glove box thats where you find the second wire that you will need. your aftermarket harness comes with two plugs
Totaled 9-14-07 NEW 6-6-08 04 Se Sport White
Ruski
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Jakecallun20 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:46 pm

You can get that same harness from ebay for alot cheaper
02' AV6 Accord Coupe- Daily
86' Mercedes 560SL- Project
99' Solara SLE V6- Sold 09/19/09 :(
Jakecallun20
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby DrLove » Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:43 pm

I bought my harness at Walmart for less than $9.
You only need one harness for import car, you will see if it fit on the back of the product (list of cars).

it's something like that http://walmart.scosche-cars.com/product ... tID=896348

It's easy to install with that, no soldering, no fire risk, a clean job.
SOLD 1999 Toyota Solara V6 SE white
Mazda 6 2010 6 speed black GS
DrLove
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby woa_its_j3ff » Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:49 pm

if you ordered from crutchfield they offer you free tech support ;) just a headsup if you did.
where many hate, few will love,
But for those who love,
they'll see what it's like to live.

SolaraGuy Professional Racer
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby DrLove » Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:52 pm

:oI want the "tech" to say "You plug one side on the connectors and the other side on your new radio". :lol:
DrLove
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby boneezy » Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:49 pm

go to best buy or any car audio place and buy the universal wiring harness for toyota 93+. from there you just color match and butt connect all those wires to the wiring harness that comes with your receiver then you just plug in and voila. also there is a factory amp, you must disconnect that.

to get to it you just take out the stock unit, reach inside towards your right and the two plugs to the stock amp should be right there, unplug those and youre good. lol i just did figured all this stuff out last week.

Also, for your antenna, i dont think there is an adapter for it should it not fit into your new receiver. All i did was plug it inthere until i got clear reception and then i electrical taped it
1999 SE-V6 5spd
160,xxx miles
boneezy
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby AkiraSLE » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:29 pm

those are the harnesses you need. The adapter harness can be bought from Circuit City, its an MET801761 and it cost $19.99. Tell them Adam sent you from the KEIZER Oregon store and you can get it for $6.99

your welcome.
Last edited by AkiraSLE on Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
MECP Certified... eat it.
AkiraSLE
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby AkiraSLE » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:57 pm

Also stay away from scoshe.... please, I do not wish to see your cars burst into flames people.

Its ALL about Metra and Tsunami
AkiraSLE
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby DrLove » Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:50 am

Nothing will burn, it's a plug adapter man, you can buy one made with gold if you want, but it will not improve the safety or sound better then the walmart stuff. :D
DrLove
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby AkiraSLE » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:17 am

haha well thats exactly right, it "is" a plug adapter. Which is by no means "soldered" for a perfect a connection. When you are using plugs you need to insure that the pins are not gapped too far apart so that the female plug doesn't create an intermittent problem with a speaker not functioning properly or losing power when you hit a bump.

Scosche is notorious for manufacturing harnesses at a poor quality rate. Metra on the other hand is guaranteed for performance.

-Akira ^_^

Yes I am modest when it comes to 12V, but I am here to help.
AkiraSLE
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Robert » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:25 am

DrLove wrote:Nothing will burn, it's a plug adapter man, you can buy one made with gold if you want, but it will not improve the safety or sound better then the walmart stuff. :D

actually, i think one made entirely out of gold might be slightly more dangerous lol :P
Robert
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5