[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Steering Wheel Radio Control For Gen 1
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Steering Wheel Radio Control For Gen 1

Steering Wheel Radio Control For Gen 1

Postby TRAFFICBLOWS » Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:44 pm

Is there any way to get steering wheel radio controls for a Gen 1? E.g. can you get Gen 1.5+ (or aftermarket) controls and install it on a Gen 1, or would I need a whole new steering wheel?

I want to get an aftermarket radio soon that accepts factory steering wheel controls, but controls don't come stock with Gen 1. I don't plan on using controls with the stock JBL radio, which is currently installed.

Or is this just a stupid idea... :-?
99 Titanium SLE... 10-yr birthday Aug '08! She's slowly falling apart... :cry:
TRAFFICBLOWS
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby DrLove » Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:39 pm

I don't think it's stupid, but I think that nobody ever try that on a Solara.

I don't know if the sterring wheel just has a kind of harness plug or if it's more complexe than that. And it must cost a lot to get a gen 1,5 sterring wheel.. but if you try let us know!
SOLD 1999 Toyota Solara V6 SE white
Mazda 6 2010 6 speed black GS
DrLove
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby corlon » Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:39 pm

does anyone know what other gen steering wheels will fit a 1st gen. i mean as far as bolting on goes. not concerned about the actual airbag / horn harnesses having to be plug and play. even other model toyotas, lexus?
NiCe
corlon
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5