[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Pioneer AVIC-D1 and Reverse Gauges
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Pioneer AVIC-D1 and Reverse Gauges

Pioneer AVIC-D1 and Reverse Gauges

Postby cdaniel76 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:27 pm

I upgraded to an AVIC-D3 in my Tundra a few months back and had a D1 just sitting around collecting dust. Recently purchased this 2002 Solara as a commuter car so I decided to add the old D1 in it.

Also put in some TRD reverse gauges. (Sorry for the burriness in the night-time shot)

I think it came out very clean!

-Chris
FORMER Toyota Parts Counterman and Parts Manager
DarCars Toyota(Silver Springs, MD), Bohn Brothers Toyota(Harvey, LA), Toyota of New Orleans(New Orleans, LA) and Toyota of Slidell(Slidell, LA).
cdaniel76
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Toy1mzfe » Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:31 pm

Nice. Nice deck you got there.
Toy1mzfe
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Gangis » Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:09 pm

Hey, where'd you get the glow gauges? And do they offer the same thing with a black face? I'm interested. :)

Overall it all looks really nice. I have an AVIC-D2 nav unit myself and it absolutely rocks. Did you know that if you get ahold of the AVIC-D2 discs, it'll upgrade your D1 to D2 software?
2002 Solara SLE V6 convertible - GONE as of 3/2010
2010 Nissan Versa 1.8 S Hatchback
Gangis
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby SdeA » Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:22 pm

SdeA
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby SdeA » Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:25 pm

Since your car is 1.5 im not sure if the gauge is the same are different from the gen 1 though...
SdeA
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby cdaniel76 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:29 pm

SdeA wrote:Since your car is 1.5 im not sure if the gauge is the same are different from the gen 1 though...

Yes, they will work. Those are the exact ones I got...

Also... I didn't read the description good enough, but those gauges, and the ones I got, are for MANUAL transmissions... The only difference is there are no cut-outs for the "PNRD2L" indicators that are inbeween the fuel and coolant guages on the automatics. This gauge set just covers over that and no light shines through from those indicators.
-Chris
DarCars Toyota(Silver Springs, MD), Bohn Brothers Toyota(Harvey, LA), Toyota of New Orleans(New Orleans, LA) and Toyota of Slidell(Slidell, LA).
cdaniel76
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby cdaniel76 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:32 pm

Gangis wrote:Hey, where'd you get the glow gauges? And do they offer the same thing with a black face? I'm interested. :)

Overall it all looks really nice. I have an AVIC-D2 nav unit myself and it absolutely rocks. Did you know that if you get ahold of the AVIC-D2 discs, it'll upgrade your D1 to D2 software?

What is the difference between the D1 and D2 software? Different graphics and mapping? What version do you have? Is it the latest update?

As I mentioned, I also have a D3 and the mapping interface is basically the same. D3 software does not work in the D1's or D2's. I've tried it.
-Chris
cdaniel76
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby TRAFFICBLOWS » Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:11 pm

cdaniel76 wrote:I didn't read the description good enough, but those gauges, and the ones I got, are for MANUAL transmissions... The only difference is there are no cut-outs for the "PNRD2L" indicators that are inbeween the fuel and coolant guages on the automatics. This gauge set just covers over that and no light shines through from those indicators.

Are there TRD reverse guages for automatics?
99 Titanium SLE... 10-yr birthday Aug '08! She's slowly falling apart... :cry:
TRAFFICBLOWS
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby cdaniel76 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:14 pm

TRAFFICBLOWS wrote:
cdaniel76 wrote:I didn't read the description good enough, but those gauges, and the ones I got, are for MANUAL transmissions... The only difference is there are no cut-outs for the "PNRD2L" indicators that are inbeween the fuel and coolant guages on the automatics. This gauge set just covers over that and no light shines through from those indicators.

Are there TRD reverse guages for automatics?

The only TRD gauges I have seen are these on eBay and they've all been for manual transmissions.
-Chris
cdaniel76
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby AkiraSLE » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:21 pm

looks good, I just pulled that same navi from mine and replaced it with a 7800MP.
AkiraSLE
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5