[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - System/Amp Wiring :: Interference??
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

System/Amp Wiring :: Interference??

System/Amp Wiring :: Interference??

Postby illstylez » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:23 am

I am about to install my system and was looking at other peoples suggestions about routing thier power, rca, and remote cables. I found some info here:

http://www.solaraguy.com/viewtopic.phpt ... +am+wiring

Has anyone had a problem with interference with this type of route? It seems everyone seems to do it the same way? I dont want that annoying hiss/buzz fromadjacent cables when I do my set up.

Anybody run a passenger and drivers side spilt? IF so where is the best location on the Dvrs. side? Thanks in advance. 8)
Kentel " Ill " Styles
Chicago IL,
99' Solara Since 2007
" The best way to predict the future is to create it! "
illstylez
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby atclate » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:19 am

I use this kind of routing too, and I get an annoying buzz... the buzz goes off when I turn off the engine though... and it's not noticeable when I turn up the volume. I amped my front & rear speakers, so the buzz is very noticeable, as to just amping a sub or the back speakers.

I think it's the alternator, cos the buzz frequency sounds proportional to the engine speed...

Does anyone know what to do about it? Does a cap solve this problem? Or I'll need to get a new alternator that's "amp-safe"?
For sale: Injen SRI, Randy's CAI extension, TRD Supercharger, TRD RSB, Jim's Torque Rod, 2003 Solara SLE with TRD Body Kit
atclate
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby atclate » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:14 am

found a way to cut down the interference:
http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/S-qm0 ... 1&page=all
For sale: Injen SRI, Randy's CAI extension, TRD Supercharger, TRD RSB, Jim's Torque Rod, 2003 Solara SLE with TRD Body Kit
atclate
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby illstylez » Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:10 pm

Kentel " Ill " Styles
Chicago IL,
99' Solara Since 2007
" The best way to predict the future is to create it! "
illstylez
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5