[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - rattling/vibration caused by subs
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

rattling/vibration caused by subs

rattling/vibration caused by subs

Postby chrom3titan » Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:12 am

well my vibration is getting worst and worst. It seems to be coming from my back bumper under my tail lights etc. Is there a cheaper alternative to dyno matt? The damn crap is mad expensive and I'm not sure I can install it right. I'm not quite at the level of a civic with wal mart subs or that crappy imapala at your local community college but I just want all vibration to go away. Is dyno matt my only solution?

There is also rattling coming from inside the car, under the upholstery of my doors the back walls near near my back seats, basically my side walls inside the car are also vibrating and I got pretty big subs. Any tips or cheaper solutions than dyno matt? Because its gonna take me a while to save up and matt up my whole car. Thanks guys
chrom3titan
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby woa_its_j3ff » Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:14 am

sure. turn down the bass.

-- only half kidding --

on some parts of my car I got lazy and used that good thick gray duct tape, hasnt failed me. or use duct tape with a thin piece of styrofoam to cushion it.
where many hate, few will love,
But for those who love,
they'll see what it's like to live.

SolaraGuy Professional Racer
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby xet » Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:29 am

do you not want to do dynamat type of things? If its just the company and price of that you can look at other sound deadening companies like raamat, secondskin, and i know im missing a few but they are out there and cheaper
1998 camry xle
2005 g35 coupe 6mt
xet
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby QuickSEV6 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:45 am

xet wrote:do you not want to do dynamat type of things? If its just the company and price of that you can look at other sound deadening companies like raamat, secondskin, and i know im missing a few but they are out there and cheaper

Yeah, but you get what you pay for.
Obviously, if you spend a little more, you'll get the good stuff. Why be cheap on your pride and joy (Solara)?
QuickSEV6
Solara Driver Extraordinaire
Solara Driver Extraordinaire

Postby chrom3titan » Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:05 pm

are their any known or notorious spots for rattling that I didn't mention? Like I mentioned the racket coming from the rear bumper, any others that will give me problems in the future? And for the dynamat, do you litteraly put in around inside the trunk or just around the subs lol? My guess is around the trunk, and would installation be difficult? Because right now I'm planning to just buy a cheaper alternative
chrom3titan
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby nj99solara » Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:26 pm

I did my whole trunk with dynamat and it sounds 10x better. I also took the spoiler off and replaced the double sided tape under it and now nothing rattles at all. You would have to strip everything out of the entire trunk and get to work. In total I spent about $100 on the dynamat extreme "bulk" pack I don't remember how many square feet it was but it was enough for the entire trunk.
'99 Solara SLE V6 Black/Tan Leather
-4500k HID Bi-xenon kit
-4500k HID Fogs
-5% Tint in rear
-Tinted Stock Taillights
-Shaved Emblems
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2076665
nj99solara
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5