[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Can someome pls help a total noob here???
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Can someome pls help a total noob here???

Can someome pls help a total noob here???

Postby s15lara » Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:40 pm

ok guys, here is the deal. This is the first time installing a head unit on my (any car for that matter) car. The thing is that I have NO FREAKING CLUE WHAT IM DOING. I hate most people installing things on my car cuz most of the people around my area just make a bigger mess. Therefore i decided to take a crack at it. I really want to install it tonight but highly doubt it will be possible. Now, here is the thing, im not sure what i'm gonna need exactly.

I have the Jensen VM9212 flip screen. and the wiring harness. is that all im going to need? also, how does everything get wired up in the back? anyone have any pics?

please bare with me as i have absolutely no clue. any help would be appreciated.
almost there...what do you think?
s15lara
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Chinky420 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:48 pm

is this screen single-din size, or double din? if it's single din then you're goin to need a spacer cubby (a little compartment so there isn't a gap in your dash). if it's double din, don't worry about it.

you're going to need to make sure the wiring harness is correct, then you are going to need to remove the mounting bracket from the stereo that is currently in your car. oh yeah, you're going to remove the center dash trim before taking off the mounting brackets (it's just clips, and is basically pryed off w/ a flathead screwdriver)

once you got your space open and the old one out, then it's just plug and play. there are multiple plugs in the dash (w/ and w/o jbl amp, i think)...but the wiring harness should only fit into two of them (the connectors are slightly different)

if anyone else can think of anything speak up, but i think this should do it....i installed a pioneer deck last week, and it only took me 45 minutes, which was mostly spent on crimping the wiring harness together.

good luck man
Chinky420
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby s15lara » Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:34 pm

I believe its the single din.

this is pretty much the one i got.

I've removed the center trim and removed the OEM stereo. I have the JBL amp and everything. i have the correct wiring harness. the thing that i dont understand is: it has some plugs in the back of the new HU and its like the ones for video, aux. it looks like the cables that plug up to your TV. what do i do w/ those? also, how do you hook up your wiring harness? sorry if i sound like such an idiot, i just really dont know how. thanx again.
s15lara
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby woa_its_j3ff » Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:49 pm

bro I'm sorry about today, just try and come wednesday, I'll wire it all up for you.. :D

those plugs u dont mess with u just need the 2 main plugs that u see PAST the oem harness that hte oem radio is attached to. those ar what u attach ur aftermarket harness to.
where many hate, few will love,
But for those who love,
they'll see what it's like to live.

SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby s15lara » Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:53 pm

its cool bro. the guy who said that he would install it was like ready to go for it, and right when he picked up the HU, he tells me: "you know its gonna be $150 for me to install this right?" I was get the F uck out of my car... i'll try to make it out on Wednesday.
s15lara
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby woa_its_j3ff » Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:54 pm

s15lara wrote:its cool bro. the guy who said that he would install it was like ready to go for it, and right when he picked up the HU, he tells me: "you know its gonna be $150 for me to install this right?" I was get the F uck out of my car... i'll try to make it out on Wednesday.

psh . i do it free. i want some good food though bro :P !!!.. seriously give me 5 minutes, and I'll wire it all up. promise. do your best to venture out man. i'll make it up to you. keep me posted. got my digits.
where many hate, few will love,
But for those who love,
they'll see what it's like to live.

Postby DrLove » Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:23 am

The cables who looks like what you have behind your tv are probably the "RCA" cables.. (yellow-red-white). They are for your audio-video inputs. SO you can plug to it an x-box,rear cam,PS2,PC...anyting. Also you probably have another one for the "sub" (output), and one or two (red-white) cables (output) to plug an amp.

My Nakamichi has all them, it makes a big bunch of cables. I bought a walmart scotche trim radio for few bucks and the harness.

Still very happy with my flip 7" screen! it's really cool, I hope you will enjoy it too!
SOLD 1999 Toyota Solara V6 SE white
Mazda 6 2010 6 speed black GS
DrLove
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby krawzyazn » Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:30 am

dude you need a better hu then that please dont put that in your car please! your car is nice you need a nice HU
2002 2AZ-FE SILVER Toyota Solara
<B>FIRST 2AZ Gen 1.5 Solara with Headers!!!</b>

<B>http://WWW.Obamastinks.net</B>
krawzyazn
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Postby PhreakdOut » Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:41 am

krawzyazn wrote:dude you need a better hu then that please dont put that in your car please! your car is nice you need a nice HU

And I'm sure Mark has one available for purchase!! :wink:
-- The Phreak
'04 350Z 6spd Touring Roadster w/Nav | Megan Racing | Greddy | Nissan Motorsports | Whiteline | Wicked Tuning | Giovanna | Injen | Polished Intake & Throttle Body | Eibach | Central 20 | Stillen | Misc CF Items
PhreakdOut
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby krawzyazn » Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:09 pm

PhreakdOut wrote:
krawzyazn wrote:dude you need a better hu then that please dont put that in your car please! your car is nice you need a nice HU

And I'm sure Mark has one available for purchase!! :wink:
not this time lol I sold my Z1 a while back
2002 2AZ-FE SILVER Toyota Solara
<B>FIRST 2AZ Gen 1.5 Solara with Headers!!!</b>

<B>http://WWW.Obamastinks.net</B>
krawzyazn
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Postby netherland24 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:49 pm

you can buy my Z2.... or my w205.... or if you are baller i will removed my Z3 from my truck...
00 SS Lara 277hp
05 DODGE RAM 1500 n/a
netherland24
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5