[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Factory H/U skipping?
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Factory H/U skipping?

Factory H/U skipping?

Postby xan16 » Sun May 04, 2008 9:17 pm

I have the Premium JBL system, all stock. I bought the car used, but never noticed this problem until recently. A crackling or scratching noise happens randomly and I lose sound for a split second. It isn't just when I hit bumps in the road, it often does it when I am completely stopped and just idling.

After further inspection, this only happens with the CD player, the FM tuner works fine, no interruptions for any length of time. I originally thought it was a loose wire somewhere but since it only occurs with the CD player, I can pretty much rule that out.

So what do you think? Bad H/U or laser? Yes, I have tried cleaning the laser lens several times. Would my problems be alleviated with a new H/U?
2000 Solara SE V6. Autumn Red Mica
[ Eibach lowering springs | Tokico struts | 17x8 wheels | custom exhaust | tint | etc... ]
xan16
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby DrLove » Tue May 06, 2008 5:46 am

I had the stock HU and it was skipping also, a lot when it was rainning (moisture in the air I guess). Mine was not a JBL. I bought a new radio, sound 10x better, play mp3,dvd, 2 inputs,etc..
SOLD 1999 Toyota Solara V6 SE white
Mazda 6 2010 6 speed black GS
DrLove
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Midias » Tue May 06, 2008 8:20 am

My double din JBL did the same so i just said screw it and bought a single din with USB input on the front and a double to single din conversion kit with wiring harness from bestbuy the sound it better and I have a new storage place. A bonus was the stock mounting hardware bolted directly to the conversion kit.
Midias
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby NeFaRiOuS_SLE » Tue May 06, 2008 1:08 pm

Good excuse to buy a new head unit, because the amount it'll cost to fix your OEM radio is about the same price as getting an entry-level CD player... That's what I did.
NeFaRiOuS_SLE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby xan16 » Tue May 06, 2008 7:16 pm

Glad to see I'm not the only one. It has been driving me nuts. But yeah, I'm going to definitely replace it with either a Pioneer or Alpine, should sound amazing with the JBL speakers :)

[on a side note, my zoomer exhaust I bought from lemmez should be here fri or mon! excited!]
2000 Solara SE V6. Autumn Red Mica
[ Eibach lowering springs | Tokico struts | 17x8 wheels | custom exhaust | tint | etc... ]
xan16
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Midias » Tue May 06, 2008 7:26 pm

xan16 wrote:Glad to see I'm not the only one. It has been driving me nuts. But yeah, I'm going to definitely replace it with either a Pioneer or Alpine, should sound amazing with the JBL speakers :)

[on a side note, my zoomer exhaust I bought from lemmez should be here fri or mon! excited!]

I have this kenwood mp435u nothing too crazy but it has great sound and it takes a USB flash drive or ipod in the front. I personally just use a 4 gig USB flash drive.

Midias
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby hari-bhari » Sun May 11, 2008 1:12 pm

can you hook an aftermarket hu directly the jbl system? isnt the amp separate? may want to look into that, i know there are tons of threads on it
hari-bhari
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Midias » Sun May 11, 2008 1:16 pm

hari-bhari wrote:can you hook an aftermarket hu directly the jbl system? isnt the amp separate? may want to look into that, i know there are tons of threads on it

Personally I just bypassed the JBL amp and used the new amp in my hu to drive the speakers.
Midias
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5