[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - FS: Custom 1MZ-FE V6 Turbocharger Kit - Price DROP!
Post your Toyota Solara and Camry related items up for sale or where to buy. The SolaraGuy website takes no responsibility for items posted in the forum.

FS: Custom 1MZ-FE V6 Turbocharger Kit - Price DROP!

FS: Custom 1MZ-FE V6 Turbocharger Kit - Price DROP!

Postby 360glitch » Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:25 pm

For Sale: Custom 1MZ-FE V6 Turbocharger Kit

The first thing you guys need to know is that it's coming out of my Gen 3.5 Camry.

I'll answer the why question first, I am looking to buy an S2000 and to afford it the Camry has to go. I am mainly looking to sell the turbo system alone but if you are interested in buying the car as a whole PM me and we'll see what we can work out.

Please note that the pics show the old turbocharger (new one is the same model just in better shape) and some of the intercooler piping is different.

What's included:
- Holset HY-35 Turbocharger (rebuilt with less than 10k miles on it)
- All turbocharger related oil hoses, ect
- Cone Air Filter
- 38mm Wastegate w/ 4psi & 8psi Springs
- Front Mount Intercooler
- All intercooler related piping and connections
- All turbo exhaust piping
- Blox 12:1 FMU (fuel management unit)
- A-Pillar triple gauge pod (black, unpainted)
- AEM TruBoost Electronic Boost Controller & Gauge
- AEM UEGO Wideband A/F Ration Gauge w/ O2 Sensor
- HKS SSQV Blow Off Valve (BOV)

What's not included:
- No muffler, I've always ran the stock one and plan on keeping it to put back on the car

The car was never dynoed and I never ran it on a 1/4 mile strip so I don't have any timeslips or anything. I ran 12psi using the system for a while and ended up tearing up my (automatic) transmission with it. I have since had the transmission rebuilt and I've been running ~4psi.

The bad:
- The exhaust piping is bent in some areas due to being so low and does leak. The leaks aren't too noisy but this does affect how well the turbo spools up, so it would definitely be recommended that it would be fixed or possibly even be replaced completely.

How much:
- I'd prefer to have someone buy the system and give me all of there stock parts off a 1MZ-FE Camry so we could just swap it all out. I'd be willing to help do the work to make it all happen. If someone will swap the stock parts to me I'll take $1200.
- If you do not have or are not willing to give up your stock parts I'll take $1500.

Update 1: Please note that I just reduced the price by $500 because I'm a looking for a quick sale due to a local offer for my car (without the turbo kit). If the offer falls through the price will go back to where I had it.

Update 2: This local offer is getting serious, another price drop! $1200 with stock parts to swap $1500 without!

I'm located in Clinton, MS. If you have any questions please feel free to PM me or just reply to this post. Thanks!

More pics:

Last edited by 360glitch on Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
360glitch
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby DatSRBoi » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:24 pm

You will have better luck parting it my friend. Good luck.
[b][color=red]WARNING: MY SIGNATURE MAY CAUSE SEIZURES![/color][/b]
DatSRBoi
Grumpy SolaraGuy
Grumpy SolaraGuy

Postby 360glitch » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:29 pm

DatSRBoi wrote:You will have better luck parting it my friend. Good luck.

Hope not. BTW, love the clip in your sig.
360glitch
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby crispone » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:38 pm

:o Interesting...

G/L w/sale! :wink:

-crisp :evilbat:
crispone
Immitagably Verbose Dude
Immitagably Verbose Dude

Postby i20solara02i » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:59 pm

sweet stuff

does it come with the manifolds?
version 3.0 complete 302 hp 303 tq stay tuned for 3.01 (meth installed, now needs to get it tune)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZOTi2NPNIA
i20solara02i
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby ThatVietGuy » Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:31 pm

How can this possibly sell for less than a used TRD supercharger :drinking:
ThatVietGuy
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby 360glitch » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:06 pm

i20solara02i wrote:sweet stuff

does it come with the manifolds?

Yes, it does. Pretty much everything (but the muffler) is included. Thanks!
360glitch
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby CASTRO » Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:26 am

OMG how can many people complain that there is no turbo kits for the 1MZ and yet when this pops up no one goes for it? haha

btw, very nice choice on the next car. AP1 or AP2?
also, since you seem to like boost, are you planning going the same route as me, the rotrex s/c? hehe just wondering
97 Camry XLE S/C V6 -- 07 "New Formula Red" S2000 -- 07 "Milano Red" Fit Sport
ImageImage
CASTRO
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby redgen1 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:29 am

:o if this had come up a month ago i would have already gotten it!!! damn.. already spent that much though on a catback/tint/audio/the fund for my trd kit... fhlISHGasfoahsg frustration
02 SLE V6
Kaizen *constant improvement*

-progress on hold while another project takes priority
redgen1
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby atclate » Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:56 am

This is definitely interesting. How long have you been running on this system? Who customed this kit for you? Did you have to relocate your battery? How did you do the installation? Did you have any other supporting mods on the car?
For sale: Injen SRI, Randy's CAI extension, TRD Supercharger, TRD RSB, Jim's Torque Rod, 2003 Solara SLE with TRD Body Kit
atclate
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Sebas007 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:08 am

The battery has been relocated by looking to the pics. There is no room for a turbo setup + battery under the hood for sure.
Sebas007
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby 360glitch » Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:17 am

atclate wrote:This is definitely interesting. How long have you been running on this system? Who customed this kit for you? Did you have to relocate your battery? How did you do the installation? Did you have any other supporting mods on the car?

I've had the sytem in just short of a year, we installed it mid last summer. Toysrme of ToyotaNation helped me put the kit together and then he drove over and helped me get it all put in there, using his previous knowledge of turbocharged ES300's he's done. The engine is otherwise completely stock, no other supporting mods.

The only problem I had was with the tranny, but can you really expect to run 12psi on a stock automatic Camry transmission?

Edit: And yes, the battery was relocated to the trunk. Couldn't fit the snail in there if I didn't.

CASTRO wrote:OMG how can many people complain that there is no turbo kits for the 1MZ and yet when this pops up no one goes for it? haha

btw, very nice choice on the next car. AP1 or AP2?
also, since you seem to like boost, are you planning going the same route as me, the rotrex s/c? hehe just wondering

Just looking for an AP1. 02+ preferred (glass window in the back and suspension upgrades) I don't plan on boosting it too soon but when I do I don't know what route I'll take. Both the s/c and turbo routes are quite enticing. :lol:
360glitch
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Dawgz » Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:06 pm

nice price, im sure ull find someone with the balls to undertake this project off ur hands.
--=Black on Black=-- (Sold)
Dawgz
SolaraGuy Professional Racer
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby Sebas007 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:12 pm

For the tranny. For serious purpose only...

This is the legendry "Tony the Tiger"'s thread on IPT Tranny forum

http://www.importperformancetrans.com/f ... ?f=2&t=677

There is the product for Toyota auto tranny as Tony

http://www.importperformancetrans.com/toyotaauto.shtml
Sebas007
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby i20solara02i » Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:14 pm

im surprise it not sold yet. it's an amazing price for a 1mz turbo kit
version 3.0 complete 302 hp 303 tq stay tuned for 3.01 (meth installed, now needs to get it tune)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZOTi2NPNIA
i20solara02i
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Next

Return to For Sale Gen 1 and 1.5