[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Bypassing the amp
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Bypassing the amp

Bypassing the amp

Postby variant » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:21 pm

Hey guys, I have all JBL speakers and the amp is there by the glovebox but the headunit does not have a JBL logo on it, instead it has Toyota ###### on it ( I forget the number) so I'm not sure if this is a "JBL System" but whatever. Anyways, I opened the thing up to put in a new head unit and there is no second harness set like everyone has been saying, I just have one going in to the 20 pin slot and the antenna one.

So does anyone have a tutorial on bypassing the amp?
I've been w/o music too long :evil:
variant
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby bassthrive » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:28 pm

The harness for bypass is hidden on the inner right side of where your old headunit used to live. Inner meaning close to the dashboard surface, not towards the firewall. You will see two white plugs attached to each other. Unclip them.
- Paul

y2k(1MZ)dWp
cpe mafci / apexi ws / tein s-tech + tokico / trd rsb
bassthrive
SolaraGuy Marklar
SolaraGuy Marklar

Postby TLMNICK » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:34 pm

Right behind the radio, toward your right, you'll see two harnesses mounted off to the side. One harness will be smaller than the other with the wire colours Pink, purple, light green, and blue.....the other harness will be slightly larger with more wires, including a white and red one...I'd post a pic if i had one, but I dont.
TLMNICK
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby variant » Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:59 am

Alright, I got time to burn today so I'll check it out, so this extra pre wired harness needs nothing else? I just plug in the new head unit and am good to go?

edit: also is there any tutorial w/ pictures on doing this? I've never done anything like this before.
variant
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5