[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - ACIS power mod.
Non-tutorials will be deleted.

ACIS power mod.

Postby mazen222 » Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:31 pm

why dont they build it like this if its better? I mean what are the downsides?
mazen222
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby w00zi » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:15 am

i dont know if anyone answered this ..... but is this mod for v6's only or is it also for 4 bangers, and what do you by N/A only?

Thanks,w00zi
w00zi
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Got2XLR8 NYX » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:23 am

Its for V6 only and for Not Supercharged Solaras.... IMO Don't do it...
5Speed 2000 SC V6 @ 4.5PSI
TRD Lip Kit : TRD Exhaust : TRD RSB : TRD SC : TSW REVO 17x8
CAI Extention : TWM Short Shifter : Injen Intake : DIY Black Housing : Renova Grille : ACT 6 Puck : Jim's Fuel Mod : Walbro 190 : JIC FSTB
Got2XLR8 NYX
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby CASTRO » Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:27 pm

ah this is back from the dead.

Conclusion: do it if you want one linear powerband and loose lots of TQ downlow. The system is to make the engine feel like it has 2 sets of intake runners, long runners for velocity and TQ at low speeds and short runners for plenty of air ASAP.

If you look at diff engines, the charageristics of topend/bottom TQ shows from the design esp from the intake manifold. Honda motors that are made to do hauling for example have ultra long runners EX:currentl 4cyl accord. VS super short runners like the Civic Si. They both have the same design engine (K series) but act different.

I believe that having the flap in place aka stock is the best way to go. Just do a real power mod and get a CP-e or free flowing exhaust. Hell, even taking the spare out is the best bang for the buck
97 Camry XLE S/C V6 -- 07 "New Formula Red" S2000 -- 07 "Milano Red" Fit Sport
ImageImage
CASTRO
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby BChad200 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:49 pm

ok so i just did this... took about 7 minutes. car sounds a lil meaner and i didnt drive it far enough or on an open enough road to get into it but my first impression was that it works. only question...is there any long term negative effects of doing this? also, for those of you with aftermarket intakes how did it affect your results?
2000 Solara SE V6 5 speed- driven for fun
1994 Mazda B3000 SE Cab Plus 2wd Auto- driven for everything else
BChad200
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Ilovemylara » Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:02 pm

Look at the dyno chart again, It says "max power 156hp"... I know our 1mzs put out substantially more than that.. That can't be legit :evilbat:
Ilovemylara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Mr_Krispy1183 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:06 pm

^You'd be surprised/disappointed at the truth... However, do what you can to remedy the lapse in power w/proper bolt-ons.
'01 zenki MCV20 Silverstream Opalescent
Mr_Krispy1183
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby Midias » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:29 am

Ilovemylara wrote:Look at the dyno chart again, It says "max power 156hp"... I know our 1mzs put out substantially more than that.. That can't be legit :evilbat:

156 is about right for a stock 5 speed 1mz
Midias
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Got2XLR8 NYX » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:33 pm

BChad200 wrote:ok so i just did this... took about 7 minutes. car sounds a lil meaner and i didnt drive it far enough or on an open enough road to get into it but my first impression was that it works. only question...is there any long term negative effects of doing this? also, for those of you with aftermarket intakes how did it affect your results?

Glad someone asked... I was running this a for a while in the Spring of 07 for like 3 months... I switched back b/c my engine started acting strange with an inconsistent rev. at Idle and while driving. When I had my mechanic check it out he said it was misfiring on Cylinders 1,3,& 6. After he checked out my car for a week he said the Vac lines may have had something to do with me needing a new ECU. Since then I didn't mess with this Mod again... Not saying that it doesn't work or that this mod led to me and my screwed up ECU but unless someone who has used this configuration "Long Term" and no negative side effects, then I wouldn't recommend doing it.
5Speed 2000 SC V6 @ 4.5PSI
TRD Lip Kit : TRD Exhaust : TRD RSB : TRD SC : TSW REVO 17x8
CAI Extention : TWM Short Shifter : Injen Intake : DIY Black Housing : Renova Grille : ACT 6 Puck : Jim's Fuel Mod : Walbro 190 : JIC FSTB
Got2XLR8 NYX
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby funboy102 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:29 am

Midias wrote:
Ilovemylara wrote:Look at the dyno chart again, It says "max power 156hp"... I know our 1mzs put out substantially more than that.. That can't be legit :evilbat:

156 is about right for a stock 5 speed 1mz

what the heck??? So you mean, with a manual transmission and a front-wheel drive drive train, the power loss is 25%? That sounds too much. Out of the combination of manual VS automatic and front-wheel drive, rear-wheel drive, and all wheel drive car, manual loses less power than auto, and front keeps the most power, followed by rear-wheel drive, than all wheel drive right?

If 25% is what we lose as a manual tranny, front wheel driven car, I can only imagine a automatic all-wheel drive to lose 35%-40% or so.
1999 Solara SE V6 5-Speed PICS! http://www.solaraguy.com/viewtopic.php?t=43759
funboy102
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Midias » Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:57 am

^^ Yup an auto puts down about 135 whp
Midias
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Previous

Return to Tutorials Gen 1 and 1.5