[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - RSB Install for noobs.
Non-tutorials will be deleted.

RSB Install for noobs.

Postby PXLpainter » Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:50 am

swindler wrote:I was looking for threads on replacing the stock 215/55R17s with 235/50R17s on Gen 2 with stock wheels/suspension, and ran across this short discussion on the FSTB. mmcdonald was definitely describing what PXLpainter felt. Of course, slingshot disagreed...

http://www.solaraguy.org/viewtopic.php?t=14480&start=14

If you do get it, down2thec, I'd love to hear your impressions.

Yeah, well - different streaks for different freaks... or something like that.

Like I said before - maybe for those who have no idea how a car should handle and can't feel the difference, it may be a waste of $$. I just hope they drive like a grandma then or love fighting the wheel under acceleration! ;)
Old CarDomain pages here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2247283
So-long to my 2006 SLE Convertible...
PXLpainter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby Down2TheC » Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:38 pm

I'm convinced. I hate to lose my SG decal but maybe Brian can bring more to Elmhurst (hint)
http://solara.down2thec.com/gallery/
"We need failures in this world... failures gives us lap dances and chicken nuggets and I like both."
Down2TheC
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby slingshot » Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:06 pm

From many reports on this forum, I think it's been pretty much determined that the convertible gains alot more from the FSTB and somewhat more from the RSB than the coupe. If you have a convertible, you need both for sure. My coupe front is not sloppy or needs fighting with at all.

PXLpainter wrote:
swindler wrote:I was looking for threads on replacing the stock 215/55R17s with 235/50R17s on Gen 2 with stock wheels/suspension, and ran across this short discussion on the FSTB. mmcdonald was definitely describing what PXLpainter felt. Of course, slingshot disagreed...

http://www.solaraguy.org/viewtopic.php?t=14480&start=14

If you do get it, down2thec, I'd love to hear your impressions.

Yeah, well - different streaks for different freaks... or something like that.

Like I said before - maybe for those who have no idea how a car should handle and can't feel the difference, it may be a waste of $$. I just hope they drive like a grandma then or love fighting the wheel under acceleration! ;)
2004 SLE V6 with NAV/VSC/TRAC/Curtain air
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/963151/1
slingshot
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby Down2TheC » Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:35 am

And the convertible SLE package is the "perfect storm" that needs both apparently.
"We need failures in this world... failures gives us lap dances and chicken nuggets and I like both."
Down2TheC
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby Projex0 » Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:57 pm

i just recieved my RSB from reggie. without jacks and taking the wheels off, pretty much letting the car stand on its own could i still install the RSB?
Projex0
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Down2TheC » Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:02 am

Yes. Some have done that. But I wanted to take pics so I jacked her up. Also there's a bit more fuggling to get the RSB out and the new one in.

As long as you have her on an even surface and evenly loaded the holes should line up fine. If you find that you can't get the second arm to the ball joint, try shifting weight in the car. (sandbag in the seat, have your kid sit in there, whatever) That's easier than trying to twist the RSB to get it in place.
Down2TheC
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby RichD978 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:42 am

Projex0 wrote:i just recieved my RSB from reggie. without jacks and taking the wheels off, pretty much letting the car stand on its own could i still install the RSB?

what front lip is that

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/818696
VOTE FOR ME FOR SHOWOFF OF THE WEEK
RichD978
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby PhreakdOut » Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:03 am

Projex0 wrote:i just recieved my RSB from reggie. without jacks and taking the wheels off, pretty much letting the car stand on its own could i still install the RSB?

Just how thin are you??? This pic looks like you couldn't roll an orange under the car.

(We get the message though) I jacked mine up mostly because of the SE Sport rear valance (and my fat arse). The install is VERY easy. The only thing easier is the FSTB.
-- The Phreak
'04 350Z 6spd Touring Roadster w/Nav | Megan Racing | Greddy | Nissan Motorsports | Whiteline | Wicked Tuning | Giovanna | Injen | Polished Intake & Throttle Body | Eibach | Central 20 | Stillen | Misc CF Items
PhreakdOut
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby Projex0 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:53 pm

RichD978 wrote:

what front lip is that

that pic is of my old car its not the solara, my solara isn't lowered.
Projex0
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Down2TheC » Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:16 pm

Ooh... check out that smooth back end. 8)
Down2TheC
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:51 am

I know this is an old thread, but since it's a tutorial I figure it'll be aite if I revive it. I need to allocate some time for me to install the RSB the next few days (thanks Reggie!) and since I work on weekends as well, I was just wondering how long it takes to install. Seems like something I could do within an hour.. or am I overestimating myself?

Also, most choose the middle setting, but some have chosen the innermost and said they love it, cept that now it makes the FRONT feel like it's too loose. I hate the boat feeling, love handling, but I have passengers in my car a lot so I want to make sure its at least a comfortable ride for them as well. Any suggestions from my fellow Gen2ers would be greatly appreciated. :)
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby D-money » Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:00 pm

the track setting is great the the RSB didnt effect ride quality at all my passengers say that it is actually smother around corners and freeway ramps but im a gen 1 it took me an hour and a half for install with no jacking
ImageImage
01 SLE V6 (Pic Edit Done by Garrryyunit)
D-money
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:27 pm

thanks D... but you gotta take a ride in the Gen2 to understand the 'boat' feeling. the car is ginormous with a big ol booty to match, so people say that putting the track setting on tightens it up a whole lot but then it starts making the front feel too uncomfortably loose. just wanted to get some input from others who have had the same experience. thanks for yours though.. and hour and half isn't actually half bad. Now i can better plan out my time.
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby D-money » Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:37 pm

yaddadaimsayin wrote:thanks D... but you gotta take a ride in the Gen2 to understand the 'boat' feeling. the car is ginormous with a big ol booty to match, so people say that putting the track setting on tightens it up a whole lot but then it starts making the front feel too uncomfortably loose. just wanted to get some input from others who have had the same experience. thanks for yours though.. and hour and half isn't actually half bad. Now i can better plan out my time.
I think it only took my that long because i put it in bassakwards the first time LOL!!!!!
ImageImage
01 SLE V6 (Pic Edit Done by Garrryyunit)
D-money
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby [SMAN] » Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:53 pm

Yeah an hour and a half is an OK estimate. So that means allot yourself 2 hours just incase something goes wrong or you snap a bolt or something. It's relativelt easy to do. Just jack up the car and put it on jack stands. Undo the Sway bar mount bolts evenly (as in a little bit at a time on each, and do this for putting it back on too). then undo the sway bar links. and reverse (making sure to properly lube up the bushing) and tighten everything to the proper torque specs.
2004 Solara V6 SE
2005 4Runner V6 Sport
1996 Camry I4
[SMAN]
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

PreviousNext

Return to Tutorials Gen 2 and 2.5