[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - GT PRO
Ever have a bad experience? Well here's the place to discuss things.

GT PRO

GT PRO

Postby i20solara02i » Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:12 am

I would never do business again with GT PRO.

Those guys are only there for your money and rip a new hole in your wallet. I took my car in there to get my new turbo setup worked on. washed my car before i took it over there tomake sure that there was nothing wrong with the car after recieving my car back from them. taking the car home and washing the car again since it was dirty.

i notice i had cracks on my sideskirts, broken led underglow, hoses on the engine bay were just left laying there.

when i went back to complain to them about these things, especially the cracks on my sideskirt they said that it wasn't their fault and that they would have to see the car since i couldn't bring the car to them. when i was running my aem ems. when i finally do take the car to the shop the owner wasn't there so i had their shop foreman actually take a look at the cracks on the sideskirt to show that the cracks were done by them. it showed paint marking from their lifts that was pressed against my sideskirt. the shop foreman agree that it was from their lift, and said that he would let the owner know and have him call me back. from this day since i got the car back from them. they have done nothing i had a weird feeling about this shop after i heard bad rep from the gt3000 guys saying that this shop was got sued by some of the gt3000 guys. i see why.

glad i never let them tuned my car.
version 3.0 complete 302 hp 303 tq stay tuned for 3.01 (meth installed, now needs to get it tune)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZOTi2NPNIA
i20solara02i
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:16 am

that's a total bummer man. =/ don't let up. keep following up on it.
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Mr_Chunkz » Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:15 pm

Bad publicity man. Sucks I cant believe they havent fixed it yet, youve been talking about that forever.
- Mr_Chunkz -
The Daily
Mr_Chunkz
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Brian GT PRO » Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:36 pm

As they say there are two sides to every story.

This post is a very unfortunate situation on all parts.

For the record, GT PRO has not been sued by some gt3000 guy (as Richard alleges), this is 100% FALSE information, in fact our company has not been sued by ANY customer, not sure where this comes from other than some lonely people trying to spread rumors.

The facts as they pertain to Richard are very simple. We quoted Richard on this job BEFORE we began the work. Richard gave us a deposit and signed off on our estimate. The car was handled with the utmost care and quality fabrication given the parts we were given to work with (this was a re-hash of a TC kit given to us by Richard). We had to rebuild the header, downpipe, exhaust, external wastegate with gusseted mounting, intercooler, intercooler piping, water lines, oil lines, fuel system, oil pan removal, welding and resealing, etc. When the car was completed it was still on our rack, Richard was in and around the underside of his car for a long time. He has also been here to check up on his car multiple times. His car was handled with the utmost care, because he was anal about his car (as with most of our customers), and we deal with anything from a Solara to Lambo's, we have built multiple SEMA show vehicles, worked with Falken Tire 4 years in a row, have had in excess of 23 magazine articles published so we know how to treat vehicles. Richards car was a very difficult car to deal with because of the shotty workmanship previously done to the car (leaking air system, unsafe wiring that caught fire at his main switch, and the list goes on and on. When the car was on the lift, the mounting points were no where near the body or skirts. Bear in mind this body kit is 100% molded fiberglass and bondo, is there a chance that due to chassis flex from being on the lift caused some stress that showed up later? it is possible, but this design flaw in the body kit has nothing to do with us being negligent, and I think this is the point at hand is if we were negligent, which I know for a fact we were not, it may be a situation of bondo cracking due to the body design. One of our guys here Erwin used to be part of BRS (the wide body company), and actually made mention that he felt that this kit would eventually start cracking, as in his experience building a full 1 piece molded body was a HUGE no-no, every BRS kit was multi piece for this reason. Also at the time that Richard picked up the car, there was no damage, Richard inspected, and so did our staff, besides the lift arms were no where near the skirts anyhow, so it would have been very easy to see any damages done. Richard also INSISTED that we get his car running that day, because he was going to a show the next day, however, he did not bring the Hydra EMS as he was supposed to, instead he had us stay until 10pm (4hrs of overtime UNPAID, which Richard stood guard next to the car the whole time) that evening to get his AEM wired up and get it running which we did, he then haggled with me for about an hour on the price, telling me how much exposure he was going to give us for the discount etc etc etc., the BIG speech, I fell for it, (aside from my better judgment) and gave him a VERY generous discount in excess of $1500.00 for him to do this, but in the end like with most guys pulling this sort of scam, no results, no promotion, nothing at all, and now he is trying to do a chargeback to get this all for free?? as well as to get out of his obligation to us for promotional activities. Oh, BTW did I mention that we also strapped his Toyota T100 to our dyno, tried to get it to run right, gave him some ideas as to what might be wrong with his truck, took about 2-3 hrs of our time, all for FREE?? He fails to mention that, he also fails to mention that we lent him a $250.00 Exide deep cycle battery, which he did not return for over 1 month because his battery was in poor shape. He finally brought it back with a short in it's cell caused by a short in the Solara's wiring somewhere (verified by Exide). All in all discounts to the tune of 19HRS of labor!! How many of you would work 19hrs for free??

Bottom line is this guys. Our company stands behind the workmanship, quality of fabrication/welding, and re engineering of this vehicle build that was accomplished by our team, it is in our opinion that every aspect of what we did speaks for itself as far as quality, and careful consideration. In summation of this situation, if we feel we did anything wrong, we have no issues stepping up, but in this case we feel that we're the ones on the short end of the stick.
Brian GT PRO
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby CosmicGrooves » Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:52 pm

Post their phone number some they can be spammed with phone calls about bad service. :evilbat:
CosmicGrooves
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:17 pm

:splat:

both sides sound equally convincing. hope there is some resolve to this.

david. out.
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Brian GT PRO » Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:41 pm

yaddadaimsayin wrote::splat:

david. out.

I appreciate your outlook on this.

My feeling is that in the interest of customer service, I would be happy to evaluate the car myself here at our shop, and even if it is still a bit questionable weather we did the damage or not, I would still offer to repair at our shop the side skirt clear coat cracking as Richard calls it, however I will not fall to the extortionist type chargeback tactics being used against us. I still believe in all honesty we did not damage the skirts. However, I do feel that there needs to be an understanding on both sides, and that both sides need to come to the table to resolve this, not to go keyboard crusading, there also needs to be some resolve as to what is still owed to GT PRO per our original agreement.
Brian GT PRO
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby krawzyazn » Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:05 pm

I have heard nothing but good things from an old friend that Brian might know.. his name was JACK from Aerotech Racing Sport... Used to always tell me that GT Pro did all his cars and he had some nice cars

I believe they did his red 240 and his old skool silver bullet 280Z and a few other cars he had.

I know for a fact that they do good work!
2002 2AZ-FE SILVER Toyota Solara
<B>FIRST 2AZ Gen 1.5 Solara with Headers!!!</b>

<B>http://WWW.Obamastinks.net</B>
krawzyazn
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Postby bbq bob » Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:20 pm

i had GTPro work on my camry. they did a fine job. installed my struts , timing belt , water pump , valve cover gaskets , crank seal , walbro 255 fuel pump , .325 rc injectors , supercharger , safc , motor mounts , jims fuel mod , jims toque rod , fuel filter , plasma booster , denso plugs , both cam seals and 4 hrs. free dyno time . to date , i had one small issue . my tach wire came loose from the safc . i took it to them and they jumped right on it. took 10 min. to fix. they did a great job on my camry . thanks to brian and his team . i've got one bad ass camry . :D
330 whp , 331 ft. lbs. torque Camry , Track driven , Race proven , lots of mods.Image
bbq bob
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby jetbtkng » Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:24 pm

gt pro worked on my silver solara and did a great job, and i have them doing more as im typing this, as for Richard's issues i cant comment on that, you all saw my silver solara at the so cal meet, after they had done part of the work, i had them put in a meth inj system, and other goodies since the meet, and i will be running 8 lbs boost when its done, they are professional's in every aspect of quality, and workmanship, i would recommend them to anyone who wants to inhance there cars performance......................... :drinking:
jetbtkng
solaraguy idiot racing team
solaraguy idiot racing team

Postby Brian GT PRO » Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:35 pm

krawzyazn wrote:I have heard nothing but good things from an old friend that Brian might know.. his name was JACK from Aerotech Racing Sport... Used to always tell me that GT Pro did all his cars and he had some nice cars

I believe they did his red 240 and his old skool silver bullet 280Z and a few other cars he had.

I know for a fact that they do good work!

Thank you guys!

Wow, Jack, yeah we did quite a few cars for him...I really miss him may his soul rest in peace...
Brian GT PRO
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby bbq bob » Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:41 pm

almost forgot. the bad ass speakers in the back and the autometer boost gage . thanks GTPro.
330 whp , 331 ft. lbs. torque Camry , Track driven , Race proven , lots of mods.Image
bbq bob
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby i20solara02i » Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:37 pm

i have dealt with plenty of big and small companies before. i've heard many good and bad things from people.

frank was the one that told me i should take my car there to get my manifold to get rebuilt there. but ended up just having gt pro to put everything together. the manifold and turbo kit came out great. but i just felt that there were loose ends they could of done better. it's wasn't my plan on trying to get the car back before the show if they couldn't finished it up but brian insisted that they could get the car done by that day. i told him no rush i would just come by and pick it up another day. i ended up staying there till 10 with them. tried to resolve my issue with brian but didn't seem like it got anywhere. but this is my rant about the whole situation i was face with.
version 3.0 complete 302 hp 303 tq stay tuned for 3.01 (meth installed, now needs to get it tune)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZOTi2NPNIA
i20solara02i
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby TxBmbleBee » Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:52 pm

sounds like both you guys need to sit down and come to some agreement. hope it all works out!
"i just wanna go fast..."
TxBmbleBee
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby wkbrdr91 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:02 pm

Brian GT PRO wrote:
yaddadaimsayin wrote::splat:

david. out.

I appreciate your outlook on this.

My feeling is that in the interest of customer service, I would be happy to evaluate the car myself here at our shop, and even if it is still a bit questionable weather we did the damage or not, I would still offer to repair at our shop the side skirt clear coat cracking as Richard calls it, however I will not fall to the extortionist type chargeback tactics being used against us. I still believe in all honesty we did not damage the skirts. However, I do feel that there needs to be an understanding on both sides, and that both sides need to come to the table to resolve this, not to go keyboard crusading, there also needs to be some resolve as to what is still owed to GT PRO per our original agreement.

sounds like GT PRO gave him a GREAT deal, and it dosent appear to be GT PRO's fault for the cracked body kit, but from what i understand from above when brian said "there also needs to be some resolve as to what is still owed to GT PRO per our original agreement."... its not right to take back a discount you already gave him
2006 Solara Sport
TRD RSB, lip kit, 2 12" Sony sub's, Injen SRI, 18" BBS rims, Tein springs, TRD struts, 5% tint, neons, 5 air horns, 55W low & fog HID's.
wkbrdr91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Next

Return to Horrible Dealer/Service Rants