[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Nov 7th 2009 Austin, TX Meet: *UPDATED* W/Pics & Vidz
SolaraGuy, Solara, and/or Camry events. Post your event listings here!

Nov 7th 2009 Austin, TX Meet: *UPDATED* W/Pics & Vidz

Postby CosmicGrooves » Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:07 am

Sweet pics, thanks for posting Lee!
CosmicGrooves
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Gibson99 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:28 am

one of these days i'll get my stuff together and post up my pics. seems like you guys got it covered tho... i don't have much to really add.

fun meet. next time i'll bring the miata tho. those roads are much more suited to it.
Gibson99
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby LEE337 » Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:38 pm

^Post up whatcha got Jason. :D
Texas SolaraGuy Meet
LEE337
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby LEE337 » Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:10 pm

Finally found a site that will host my 26 min video. Youtube would only let me upload up to 10 min and I didnt wana chop it up. Thanks to Milt posting his Hella Flush III video, I was able to find vimeo.com.

The run through the hills at the Austin, TX SolaraGuy.com Meet Nov 7th 2009:
http://vimeo.com/7883761

Enjoy!!!

...I sound like a hick in this video...dont know why!
Texas SolaraGuy Meet
LEE337
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Gibson99 » Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:39 pm

streetfire wouldn't do it? i dunno what their policies are, but i've seen some long vids on there... lapping sessions at nurburgring just to name a few. fastest lap i've posted on the 'ring (in GT4 of course) was about 9 minutes in my modified Xrunner lol
Gibson99
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby CosmicGrooves » Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:59 am

LEE337 wrote:Finally found a site that will host my 26 min video. Youtube would only let me upload up to 10 min and I didnt wana chop it up. Thanks to Milt posting his Hella Flush III video, I was able to find vimeo.com.

The run through the hills at the Austin, TX SolaraGuy.com Meet Nov 7th 2009:
http://vimeo.com/7883761

Enjoy!!!

...I sound like a hick in this video...dont know why!

Awesome video! My favorite is at 13:07 when passing the bicycle dude.

Lee, you and I enjoy that video the most, I think. 8)

It would have been nice to spice it up a bit. We were moving kinda slow sometimes. My favorite parts were the dives into the corners and coming out of them full on, grinding the tires.
CosmicGrooves
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby LEE337 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:57 am

Didnt try streetfire, but Ill check it out for future use.

My fav part of the vid is 17:55 when the white Gen 2 passes by in the other lane. :lol:
Texas SolaraGuy Meet
LEE337
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Gibson99 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:22 pm

CosmicGrooves wrote:It would have been nice to spice it up a bit. We were moving kinda slow sometimes. My favorite parts were the dives into the corners and coming out of them full on, grinding the tires.

i agree, but the cops have a reputation there, and i didn't want to risk anything. not to mention the very real danger of a head-on or going off at speed. i didn't know what anyone's driving skill levels were so i kept it reasonable.
Gibson99
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: Nov 7th 2009 Austin, TX Meet: *UPDATED* W/Pics & Vidz

Postby Chinky420 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:58 pm

lol...

Bump.

It's been almost 10 years. The forum is pretty much silent. I am hopeully about to pick up a 335i and it reminds me of my solara.

Much love to my solara homies, I consider this car meetup as one of the high points of my car nerdery.
Chinky420
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Previous

Return to Events