[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Interest in Ted's Custom Big 3(4) Kit? *UPDATE: PICS ADDED*
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 1-1.5 upgrades.

Interest in Ted's Custom Big 3(4) Kit? *UPDATE: PICS ADDED*

Interest in Ted's Custom Big 3(4) Kit? *UPDATE: PICS ADDED*

Postby MisterTedster » Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:35 pm

Hey Guys, I just finished putting in a Big 3 upgrade with 0 gauge wire. I figure I can make these kits and sell them at about $40-50 + shipping.

I would also provide detailed instructions on how to install the wires. Best of all, the grounds wire into the same exact stock ground points.

Would there be any interest in these?

Btw, if you're wondering if it made any difference, my butt dyno tells me none to very little. However, there is no dimming from my custom sound system and the car idles and revs noticeably smoother.

edit: forgot to mention, the voltage output at the battery also increased! My sound system is also much louder. I achieve the same volume now at 35 as I did at ~40-45 before.

^ That's where I grounded the tranny
^Ground to manfold and left engine block
^Fuse to positive, I've read conflicting opinions on whether a fuse is needed
^Positive wire connected to alternator
^Ground wire to right engine block
^Ground to frame on driver side

*Note these are all the stock ground locations except for the tranny, I couldn't get the bolt off for the tranny ground, so I just added a new one.
Last edited by MisterTedster on Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
MisterTedster
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby 99BlackSandv6 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:32 pm

Do you have pics of the final install on your car?
I may be interested.
Trust me, I'm a technician.
99BlackSandv6
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby MisterTedster » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:31 pm

Yeah, I'll get them up as soon as I get my digicam back from my cousin. It's not easily visible since the wires run along the stock ground wires. The positive wire will be the only one you'll see.

I'm also considering just making a complete grounding kit with many more grounding points than just the Big 3 as a separate kit. Maybe Ill call it Ted's Big '5' upgrade or something. =P

I'll experiment on my car and decide if it's worth the extra expense for people to buy.
MisterTedster
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby MisterTedster » Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:35 pm

Just wanted to update that I ran a ground to the transmission from the chassis, and I must say, it shifts noticeably smoother while accelerating and when changing gears.

I could not get it mount on the stock ground location however, that bolt is impossible to get out! And this is coming from a guy who had no problem whatsoever putting in a TRD rsb. My 200 pound plus frame just could not unbolt it.
MisterTedster
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: Interest in Ted's Custom Big 3(4) Kit? *UPDATE: PICS ADD

Postby St.Anton » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:41 pm

Bump? 8)
St.Anton
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Interest in Ted's Custom Big 3(4) Kit? *UPDATE: PICS ADD

Postby Nassd89 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:07 pm

Hmm I'm a few years late to this post lmao I'm confused with all the ground wiring ..are they even connected to the battery?
Nassd89
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Aftermarket Gen1 and 1.5