[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - How do you connect speakers to a subwoofer?
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

How do you connect speakers to a subwoofer?

How do you connect speakers to a subwoofer?

Postby joena » Sat May 08, 2010 2:32 am

How do you connect speakers to a subwoofer? The subwoofer has l/r speaker level out, l/r speaker level in and line in and line out jacks. I have five speakers. Can I connect the speakers directly to the subwoofer or do I need to get a reciever or is there an other way to connect the speakers?
joena
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby corlon » Sat May 08, 2010 2:03 pm

sounds like its just to give signal to the sub amp and send signal through it to another amp if you want. doesn't sound like it can power spkrs. it needs spkr inputs for signal though. if you tell us what the product name and model number is we can probably give you more specific information.
NiCe
corlon
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby MisterTedster » Sat May 08, 2010 4:42 pm

corlon wrote:sounds like its just to give signal to the sub amp and send signal through it to another amp if you want. doesn't sound like it can power spkrs. it needs spkr inputs for signal though. if you tell us what the product name and model number is we can probably give you more specific information.

I agree with this assessment. The line out just serve the same role as the RCA outputs, they're there for the few amplifiers that can handle line inputs.
02 SE V6
TRD FSB, TRD RSB, Dual TRD Mufflers, Eibach Springs, KYB Struts, OBX SRI, Fujita F5 Filter
MisterTedster
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby stringbean » Sat May 08, 2010 5:04 pm

MisterTedster wrote:
corlon wrote:sounds like its just to give signal to the sub amp and send signal through it to another amp if you want. doesn't sound like it can power spkrs. it needs spkr inputs for signal though. if you tell us what the product name and model number is we can probably give you more specific information.

I agree with this assessment. The line out just serve the same role as the RCA outputs, they're there for the few amplifiers that can handle line inputs.

most amps have high an low level inputs, most people use RCA (low level) if they have after market deck, and the speaker (high level) if they have stock deck and just splice into the speakers for a signal, but you will need a amp to run your sub incase you dont have one already.
stringbean
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby MisterTedster » Sat May 08, 2010 5:06 pm

Im guessing the sub has a line out in the first place because it's an active sub, hence there's no need for another amp for the sub.
02 SE V6
TRD FSB, TRD RSB, Dual TRD Mufflers, Eibach Springs, KYB Struts, OBX SRI, Fujita F5 Filter
MisterTedster
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby stringbean » Sat May 08, 2010 5:37 pm

mmm that would make sense, i was thinking more along the lines of after market sub and amp combo, ya know, but ya, pics and a better description would all clarify this!
stringbean
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5