[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Car Audio
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Car Audio

Car Audio

Postby Hammer1080p » Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:08 pm

Hey I was thinking of upgrading the sound system in my Solara, has anyone upgraded theirs
and any suggestions. I'm looking at just putting in a nice navi/deck n one small sub like an 8/10" Sony xplod. I really have no idea what amp i'd need to produce a good clean sound. Any thoughts about that thanks!!
Adam Hammer
Niagara Falls, Canada
Hammer1080p
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Car Audio

Postby Mr_Krispy1183 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:01 am

Post in the correct section. I've moved it for you, this time.
'01 zenki MCV20 Silverstream Opalescent
Mr_Krispy1183
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby Aotoyota » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:43 pm

I think a lot of us has, let us know how much your budget is, and we can start making suggestions.
btw. welcome to the site.
Alpine + Dynaudio = Sonic bliss.
Aotoyota
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Hammer1080p » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:29 am

Thanks krispy n aotoyota,
It's hard being a student and owning a beautiful car. I've set aside 90-120 for one sub, and possibly upto 200 for an amp. The amps is where I will have trouble, I have no idea how powerful of an amp I will need to power one speaker an possibly in the future, some upgraded door speakers. As for the nav system I may have to hold off until boxing day for that (Day after Christmas, when the prices are
dropppped).

Thanks for your input.

Hammer
Adam Hammer
Niagara Falls, Canada
Hammer1080p
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Aotoyota » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:15 pm

I understand the being a student thing... having some money but not
much.

as for looking at amps, look for RMS power vs the RMS power of the sub,
you want just a little more than what the sub can take,

ie.. sub = 400s RMS , amp approx 450RMS.

ignore all the peak power or 5 billion watts thing. RMS is what counts.

with what you are looking to spend, save a few more dollars to
buy something better. Also take into account you will need wiring
and an enclosure for the sub. that may tack on another $100 or so.
plus installation if needed.
Alpine + Dynaudio = Sonic bliss.
Aotoyota
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby crispone » Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:16 am

Spend a good part of the day reading all the threads and posts of others with 'laras in this section. You will get a lot of ideas as many have been there, done that before! :wink: Car audio is one of the most satisfying ways to really distinguish your ride from an average vehicle and improve the quality of ownership! The time you take up front to understand your medium and choose wisely will pay off heavily for years to come!

G/L!

-crisp :evilbat:
crispone
Immitagably Verbose Dude
Immitagably Verbose Dude

Postby NightRider » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:14 pm

crispone wrote:Spend a good part of the day reading all the threads and posts of others with 'laras in this section. You will get a lot of ideas as many have been there, done that before! :wink: Car audio is one of the most satisfying ways to really distinguish your ride from an average vehicle and improve the quality of ownership! The time you take up front to understand your medium and choose wisely will pay off heavily for years to come!

G/L!

Amen to that brah!
2004 Black Solara V6SLE COUPE
5% rear window tint 20% front window tint
Injen polished SRI
Alpine Deck w/ complete Rocksford Fosgate speakers & subs
TRD FSB 6000K HID's
NightRider
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Taido » Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:06 pm

crispone wrote:Spend a good part of the day reading all the threads and posts of others with 'laras in this section. You will get a lot of ideas as many have been there, done that before! :wink: Car audio is one of the most satisfying ways to really distinguish your ride from an average vehicle and improve the quality of ownership! The time you take up front to understand your medium and choose wisely will pay off heavily for years to come!

G/L!

You may as well make your audio thread a picture book... xD
'06 Black Cherry Pearl tC inherited the headunit and subs so far...
'04 2AZ-FE Lunar Mist Metallic Solara SE (Totaled)
Taido
Audiophiliac
Audiophiliac

Postby Hammer1080p » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:24 am

thanks for your input guys, still havent made a solid decision yet. i got another project on hand so my audio set up may be postponed.
Adam Hammer
Niagara Falls, Canada
Hammer1080p
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Jay 3rd » Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:45 pm

i work at frys electronics im the car audio salesman.. and yes look up RMS.. but also the OHMS a lot of amps no run better at a 2 ohm load. so what u can look for is a sub thats 2 ohms or a 4 ohm dual voice coil cuz that can get wired down to 2 OHMs.. the amp runs more efficent when running at 2 ohms compared to 4 and your getting more power. and also if your only getting one sub.. stick to a mono block amp. MTX JackHammer series is nice. $199 300 RMS watt mono block and when buying the sub.. dont get a premade box cuz it will sound liek crap. every sub has they're own specs. its needs the right cubic feet for the airspace for the best possibe sound.. look for a package deal by the manufactor with a sub and box combo.
Jay 3rd
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby tubmanaxton » Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:34 am

If you spend long hours in your car everyday, it’s important to equip it with enough entertainment so that you’ll have nary a dull moment. Car audio entertainment need not be limited to just your favourite radio stations or CDs. Thanks to Sony Xplod mobile entertainment technology, you can enjoy music from more sources. You now can even experience visual entertainment with our innovative Touch-Screen Multimedia Centre receiver. Riding the car is never the same experience again.
A stock car audio system refers to the OEM application that the vehicle's manufacturer specified to be installed when the car was built. A large after market industry exists where the consumer can at their desire replace many or all components of the stock system.
tubmanaxton
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby crispone » Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:45 am

tubmanaxton wrote:If you spend long hours in your car everyday, it’s important to equip it with enough entertainment so that you’ll have nary a dull moment. Car audio entertainment need not be limited to just your favourite radio stations or CDs. Thanks to Sony Xplod mobile entertainment technology, you can enjoy music from more sources. You now can even experience visual entertainment with our innovative Touch-Screen Multimedia Centre receiver. Riding the car is never the same experience again.
A stock car audio system refers to the OEM application that the vehicle's manufacturer specified to be installed when the car was built. A large after market industry exists where the consumer can at their desire replace many or all components of the stock system.

First Post! FUNNY!

...and now... for what's behind DOOR NUMBER 2!

crispone
Immitagably Verbose Dude
Immitagably Verbose Dude

Postby stringbean » Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:56 pm

crispone wrote:
tubmanaxton wrote:If you spend long hours in your car everyday, it’s important to equip it with enough entertainment so that you’ll have nary a dull moment. Car audio entertainment need not be limited to just your favourite radio stations or CDs. Thanks to Sony Xplod mobile entertainment technology, you can enjoy music from more sources. You now can even experience visual entertainment with our innovative Touch-Screen Multimedia Centre receiver. Riding the car is never the same experience again.

First Post! FUNNY!

hahaha wow! what the heck? who is this person? hahaha oh jezz sounds like a sony bot lol
stringbean
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby DSM_Lara » Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:03 pm

lol
1999 Toyota Solara SE V6 (TRD Edition) Rare Greddy EvoII/CP-E Intake/Renova Grill/Black Housing Front/OEM Hood Deflector :kp: :spam3: :spam1:Musubi
DSM_Lara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby 1gSE » Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:16 am

crispone wrote:

OMG I hope its :ban: !!!
GTO-Vararam/Kooks/Spintech/MGW-P/Tune-12.9 @108
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Return to A/V/N Gen 2 and 2.5