[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Got some goodies for the ride
Everything about the Toyota Camry.

Got some goodies for the ride

Got some goodies for the ride

Postby pwizzle » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:13 pm

I don't think I've ever posted pictures of my car before on here, but I've been collecting parts for it for awhile now. I've finally been able to install most of it the other day. Here's a few pics of just the mods:

I still have to install the NST crank pulley and the polyurethane dogbone mount bushings.

I'm still on the market for a new suspension. Maybe some S Tech/Tokico Blues, TRD anti-sway bar and Ultra Racing 4 point lower brace. But first, I should probably pay off those pesky student loans.
"To be is to do" - Plato
"To do is to be" - Sartre
"Do be do be do" - Sinatra
"Scooby Dooby Dooo!!" - Scooby Doo
pwizzle
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: Got some goodies for the ride

Postby mig0s » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:52 pm

nice man. The TRD muffler seems to be VERY CLOSE if not touching the bumper. I would try to lower it a little bit since the heat coming out of the tip could burn the paint.
1999 V6 5-Speed... so beautiful :' )
Black housing headlights, corner. 55w 6k HID, 2500k fogs, TWM Short Shifter+weighted knob, Tein+KYB, TRD lip kit + Acura CL type-S front lip. TSW Kyalami 18x8. Cutom 2.5" SS free flow muffler.
mig0s
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby pwizzle » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:22 am

I noticed that too when I got the car back. I'll check it out later when I have the time so for now, I'll let it stay. I would take some more pictures of my car, but I haven't had to time to clean and detail it for the past couple months, so it's got several layers of dirt and bug splatters on it.
"To be is to do" - Plato
pwizzle
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:37 am

nice. what are the new mods?
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby alltrac92 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:41 am

Did the cold air extension fit without cutting or bending any sheet metal?
alltrac92
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby pwizzle » Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:15 am

yaddadaimsayin wrote:nice. what are the new mods?

I was finally able to install the TRD strut brace, Injen SRI and UPFD CAI, but I had the TRD exhaust installed by Toyota because the two bolts were stuck on there even after drenching them in PB Blaster. I still haven't installed the NST pulley or the poly dogbone bushings yet though.
alltrac92 wrote:Did the cold air extension fit without cutting or bending any sheet metal?

It fit just fine but I had to move it around to get it to fit without touching the frame. I might get a coupler to buffer the extension if it does touch the frame.
"To be is to do" - Plato
pwizzle
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby yeungrulz » Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:45 am

What is the bar at the top for? I just recently got into cars
yeungrulz
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby pwizzle » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:33 pm

yeungrulz wrote:What is the bar at the top for? I just recently got into cars

The "bar" is a strut tower brace, which basically minimizes the flex of the towers when you turn, which translates to slightly better handling.

On another note, I just found out this morning when I was getting ready to install the NST pulley that I was sent the wrong pulley. Since I'm N/A, I wanted the underdrive pulley, but I was sent the CR Lite. So now I'm not exactly sure what to do about it, since the original group buy was 3 years ago. Hell, I even bought the belts to go with it a few days after I received the pulley. With the way my luck and financial situation has been, I'm getting very discouraged about modifying my car. So anyone have any thoughts on which course I should take? Should I contact NST and see if I can persuade them to switch pulleys? Keep it until I get a supercharger? (Which is going to be VERY far in the future, if it even happens.) Or just sell it and be done with it?
"To be is to do" - Plato
pwizzle
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby pwizzle » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:56 pm

Oh and maybe I should post up an updated picture of how my engine bay looks currently. But I'll do that after I get back from class.
"To be is to do" - Plato
pwizzle
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby pwizzle » Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:23 pm

As promised, here is a picture of how my engine bay looks after the addition of some Magnecor KV85 spark plug leads and a TRD 1.3 bar radiator cap:

And the latest thing I did to it was this:

"To be is to do" - Plato
pwizzle
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby pwizzle » Thu May 23, 2013 4:47 pm

Finally another update on my car. I haven't done much to it in a long time, but I finally was able to start with the dogbone bushings.

This was a complete pain in the ass to do. Every shop I went to around my town didn't want to do it, so I was forced to do it myself. I'm able to only do one for now, but I'll do the smaller one later on.

"To be is to do" - Plato
pwizzle
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Toyota Camry