[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - 2007 Solara Sport / Headlight Issue
Stock talk about Solara

2007 Solara Sport / Headlight Issue

2007 Solara Sport / Headlight Issue

Postby Tiger8Roy » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:29 am

The passenger side headlight will just quit working. Usually within 15 minutes of being on. I can turn them off and back on and it will work again, usually doing the same 15 minute thing. It happens on auto or manual setting. Any one have any idea? Thanks! :)
Tiger8Roy
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: 2007 Solara Sport / Headlight Issue

Postby wkbrdr91 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:55 pm

Tiger8Roy wrote:The passenger side headlight will just quit working. Usually within 15 minutes of being on. I can turn them off and back on and it will work again, usually doing the same 15 minute thing. It happens on auto or manual setting. Any one have any idea? Thanks! :)

Do all gen 2.5's have HID's standard? Or is it just an option? Maybe the ballast is bad (if you have HID's).
2006 Solara Sport
TRD RSB, lip kit, 2 12" Sony sub's, Injen SRI, 18" BBS rims, Tein springs, TRD struts, 5% tint, neons, 5 air horns, 55W low & fog HID's.
wkbrdr91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Tiger8Roy » Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:58 am

Thanks wkbrdr91, I'll look into that! :)
Tiger8Roy
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Black Bob » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:29 am

^^^It was standard on Sports and an option on SLE's.....but like trunk spoilers, that option was automatically packaged with most SLEs shipped. All that being said, I don't have a clue why this issue is occurring.
Current: 2008 Brick Toyota FJ Cruiser 4x4 Upgrade Pkg# 2
Previous: 2005 Arctic Frost Toyota Solara SE Sport V6
Black Bob
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Location: NE Ohio--where we know nothing about everything and we know it the loudest

Postby jomo795 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:14 pm

I have a 2008 SLE that has the same issue on passenger side. I replaced the HID bulb last week, ($170) and tonight the bulb fickered and then went out. I drove home and noticed it was flickering again, and then I shut off the headlamp switch, turned it back on, and the light came on and flickered again. Tiger8, did you get any help or have any luck fixing the problem?
2008 Solara SLE Covertible, blizzard white pearl with tan interior and tan top. TRD FSTB, RSB, and exhaust.
jomo795
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby KingKevin » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:38 pm

dont know if this helps but I have HIDs in my gen 1 solara and one of them kept going out. It would work if i unplugged the ballast a plugged it back in. I think it was just the wires not connecting properly. That being said i also have my balasts just hanging in there they arent fastened to anything
2001 SE V6

Injen intake w/ extension - Renova Grill - custom catback exhaust - 2 12" Kenwood subs - Tein s tech - neons - 8000k headlights - 3000k fogs
KingKevin
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Toyota Solara OEM