[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Any uncertainty on the quality of DDM Tuning HID's?
All about aftermarket Toyota Solara upgrades

Any uncertainty on the quality of DDM Tuning HID's?

Re: Any uncertainty on the quality of DDM Tuning HID's?

Postby SoSleek » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:34 pm

wkbrdr91 wrote:I never did your DIY, Ive not had time... and it would be easier for me just to order those things from DDM and not have to worry about doing it wrong.

The red things are (3) air horns 8)

Do you have a tank and compressor, or you just using one of those cheap kits that has a small electric compressor to fires straight into the horn?
2004 Black Solara SE Sport - Minneapolis, MN
SoSleek
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby wkbrdr91 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:08 pm

SoSleek wrote:
wkbrdr91 wrote:I never did your DIY, Ive not had time... and it would be easier for me just to order those things from DDM and not have to worry about doing it wrong.

The red things are (3) air horns 8)

Do you have a tank and compressor, or you just using one of those cheap kits that has a small electric compressor to fires straight into the horn?

Just the straight from compressor to horn kit. I also have 2 other aftermarket horns hooked up (not sure which brand, my dad flew to Wisconsin to pull them off my grandpas Jeep when he passed away, as they meant alot to us because my grandpa always switched them car to car. I also have the 2 stock horns. This combo sounds amazing.. the video doesnt do it justice.
2006 Solara Sport
TRD RSB, lip kit, 2 12" Sony sub's, Injen SRI, 18" BBS rims, Tein springs, TRD struts, 5% tint, neons, 5 air horns, 55W low & fog HID's.
wkbrdr91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:26 pm

not to promote thread-jacking, but nice horns! the gen2 stock horns sound like pussies.
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby wkbrdr91 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:32 pm

yaddadaimsayin wrote:not to promote thread-jacking, but nice horns! the gen2 stock horns sound like pussies.

He thread-jacked his own thread... Its probably ok! lol thanks though :)

I drove my step moms convertible the other day and forgot what they sounded like stock... I literally started laughing and felt like an idiot for even using them... lol
2006 Solara Sport
TRD RSB, lip kit, 2 12" Sony sub's, Injen SRI, 18" BBS rims, Tein springs, TRD struts, 5% tint, neons, 5 air horns, 55W low & fog HID's.
wkbrdr91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby SoSleek » Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:19 pm

LMAO, my favorite part of the vid the the lil kid in the reflection holding his ears the whole time, haha! "Where's your horn"
SoSleek
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby DriDed » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:11 pm

wkbrdr91 wrote:
yaddadaimsayin wrote:not to promote thread-jacking, but nice horns! the gen2 stock horns sound like pussies.

He thread-jacked his own thread... Its probably ok! lol thanks though :)

I drove my step moms convertible the other day and forgot what they sounded like stock... I literally started laughing and felt like an idiot for even using them... lol

I have been using stock horns for seven years, I use it whenever I feel like being an ahole.
2004 Toyota Solara SE (2az-fe) automatic
+TRD front strut brace
+TRD rear sway bar
+Injen Short ram intake
+Pioneer DEH 2200 UB headunit
DriDed
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:19 pm

...or a high-pitched sounding biznatch. I feel embarassed using the stock horn too and sometimes I question whether or not they can even hear it.
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby wkbrdr91 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:20 pm

Sleek, I called DDM (extremely difficult btw) and they said the error code eliminator IS a capacitor, but they beleive its because I need the relay kit. I explained to them you have my same setup and they said to try it and I can return it in 30 days if it doesnt solve my problem. Im gonna order the error code eliminator and ill let you know how it works out.
2006 Solara Sport
wkbrdr91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby wkbrdr91 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:46 pm

My problem was solved with the relay, the capacitor did nothing.

The car now idles differently with the headlights on and off from the power draw... I have a feeling ill need a new battery. I currently have an Energizer 850 CCA battery.
2006 Solara Sport
wkbrdr91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby DriDed » Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:13 pm

wkbrdr91 wrote:My problem was solved with the relay, the capacitor did nothing.

The car now idles differently with the headlights on and off from the power draw... I have a feeling ill need a new battery. I currently have an Energizer 850 CCA battery.

Is your battery still under warranty?
+TRD front strut brace
+TRD rear sway bar
+Injen Short ram intake
DriDed
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby wkbrdr91 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:40 pm

Its got no issues right now. Just an assumption between the subs and that. Im sure it will be fine.
2006 Solara Sport
wkbrdr91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby SoSleek » Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:18 pm

ughhh...I just don't get it. The stock wiring harness should have large enough wire to supply plenty of power to the HID's. All the relay is doing is taking the signal from your headlight wire to flip a relay to send power directly from the battery through a larger power wire. Just not sure why you would need it. Oh well, problem solved. That's what matters.
SoSleek
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby DriDed » Mon May 16, 2011 4:06 pm

I just ordered 35w 6000k HID slim ballast kits for the low beams and fog lights from DDM, I will post up pictures after the install.

I am excited about this!! :lol:

I am also gonna shop for the 3m VHB tape tomorrow at staples or lowes or home depot. :lol:
Last edited by DriDed on Wed May 18, 2011 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
+TRD front strut brace
+TRD rear sway bar
+Injen Short ram intake
DriDed
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby SoSleek » Tue May 17, 2011 8:49 am

awesome! You will probably have luck at home depot or lowes....not sure about Staples. post pics after install!
SoSleek
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby DriDed » Tue May 17, 2011 12:07 pm

SoSleek wrote:awesome! You will probably have luck at home depot or lowes....not sure about Staples. post pics after install!

I will for sure!

Yeah I will get my 3m vhb tape at lowes, but I added staples because one of their stores are right next to this one lowes in my area. :lol:

edit: I bought the 3m vhb double stick tape from ebay, the lowes in my area didn't have them.
+TRD front strut brace
+TRD rear sway bar
+Injen Short ram intake
DriDed
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

PreviousNext

Return to Aftermarket Upgrades