[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Help me decide!
Everything about the Toyota Camry.

Paint?

ALL White
22%
ALL Pearl
22%
White and Black
No votes
Pearl and Black
56%

Total votes : 9

Help me decide!

Help me decide!

Postby stringbean » Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:49 pm

So I have a few choices on painting my car! and you all need to help me! There are a few issues though, due ti my tax return being less by 500$.

Now i dont have the kit pieces yet. but i have on order the skirts and am #2 in line for the rears from Killa Cam, and the RMM lip is 315 shipped when i decide to order it.

in the white i can paint it all white all at different times since i dont have all the body pieces
in the pearl i can paint it all at different times and would have to buy all the body parts first before painting (so i will have to wait till i have all the pieces before i paint)

in the white and black i can paint the car white and body parts black all at different times since i dont have all the body pieces
in the pearl and black i can paint the car pearl and the body parts black all at different times since i dont have all the body pieces

So if i do it with the black i can paint my car in either white or pearl and then paint the body kit pieces black at different times as i acquire them, reason for this is Pearl is hard to match if i try to paint it all pearl at different times.

So let me know what i should do!
stringbean
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: Help me decide!

Postby DSM_Lara » Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:42 pm

Trueno tone FTW.... Go for that Panda look. With Aspen pearl white from the STI.
1999 Toyota Solara SE V6 (TRD Edition) Rare Greddy EvoII/CP-E Intake/Renova Grill/Black Housing Front/OEM Hood Deflector :kp: :spam3: :spam1:Musubi
DSM_Lara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby ThurzNite » Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:37 pm

Check out DSM_Lara's sig pic right above... you can't see where the body panels end when you're in the shade, or dark tarmac.

stringbean, black pieces will give a primer look, like you're too cheap azz to get it painted right, or u bought the kit used and never bothered to get it paint-matched.. If you're gonna 2-tone it, get the black up to the body moulding 1/3 up the side. Black bottom 1/3 is great in case you run in some mud and get that kicked up on the side panels, or kick up some rocks.

Otherwise, pearl white all around would be dope! Pure white would indicate u really keep your car clean.

Dr J
ThurzNite
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby parkc96 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:33 am

I personally LOVE that black and white look. I would say go with that, but its your choice man... And where did you get the rims? i love them!

2000 camry 4 cylinder: rims, tint, spoiler, head unit, partially debadged, custom catback, custom grille... more to come.
parkc96
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby KILLA CAM » Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:07 pm

Don't go black and white, do the clean look with all white, including the spoiler. And paint your car all at once, otherwise, you'll have body parts with different shades. If you go with black wheels, do matte black. Although I love gold or blue wheels on a white car, so you should consider those options too. :lol:
KILLA CAM
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby GreeKAvaLoN » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:12 pm

i think all pearl white even spoiler will look classy. black or gold or silver wheels should look good on it too =] all pearl white will give it a classy look i think and the black and white gives it a boy racer look. idk, it may be just me since i'm biased to pearl white =]
are avalons supposed to be this fast?
GreeKAvaLoN
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby stringbean » Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:44 pm

im buying all the paint plus some extra in the white for the body kit and plus some incase of repaint, but Ted (the painter) has no problem matching solid white, but matching the pearl would be near impossible. so since im buying the kit in pieces sadly im going ALL SOLID WHITE! i think itll look classy as well. So im buying the paint this week once he talks to his buddy thats a pro painter and in his old low rider club. then just gotta wait for the paint and the pro painter to come up and paint my car!

Got my friends 1978 GMC sierra with a 350 moving (fixed rear brakes) and will be switching the insurance soon, and start sanding my car!

CANT WAIT!

Also changed my wheel option Replica Z06 rims
stringbean
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Eye8Pussies » Wed May 18, 2011 9:53 pm

all pearl white :drinking:
HaHa

Ripped...and the girls are loving it. ;)
Eye8Pussies
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Return to Toyota Camry