[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - How do you install an AMP to the JBL OEM Radio.
Talk about audio, video and nav installations and applications.

How do you install an AMP to the JBL OEM Radio.

How do you install an AMP to the JBL OEM Radio.

Postby alky181 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:48 pm

I searched the threads and can't find an answer. What do I need to keep my factory radio but bypass the JBL amplifier in a 2007 Solara SLE w/o Navigation.

Thanks,

Jeff
alky181
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: How do you install an AMP to the JBL OEM Radio.

Postby GzNutz » Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:27 pm

You can use a 4 channel line out converter to turn the radio's wire outs to RCAs. Run RCAs to your amp and run new wires from your amp to the speakers.

Something like this:
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby alky181 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:24 pm

That's not what I wanted to hear. Those converters diminish the audio quality. I actually like the cleanliness of the JBL amp but the speakers are garbage and 6 ohm. I'm thinking I should just change the head unit. Maybe there is someway to get the Bluetooth controls on the steering wheel. AVIC-z130BT here I come.
alky181
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby alky181 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:39 pm

I'm actually getting the new z140BH from Pioneer in April when it comes out. I hooked up a 5 channel amp to the JBL system and changed out the speakers with Infinity Kappas. The shop wired from the rear outs of the JBL amp. Now my bluetooth doesn't work. The bluetooth runs off the front speakers, I just found out. They said that the front channels were crossed over inside the amp and could not be tapped off from the amp. Is this true? I really want my bluetooth back. I kind of don't trust them. They are saying to hook up another speaker just for the front. I told them it was a 6 ohm system and would burn out the amp and they said it wouldn't.
alky181
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Audio/Video/Navigation