[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - 2006 Toyota price?
Stock talk about the Generation 2 and 2.5 Toyota Solara which was released in 2004-2007

2006 Toyota price?

2006 Toyota price?

Postby jth877 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:31 am

I have been looking to sell my 06 solara, but I'm having a hard time coming up with a value. The black book, nada, kbb don't make any sense as they are all over the place. The car has only 41k miles, no winters, V6, JBL, 17" wheels, sunroof and very minty (I didn't mod it except to get rid of those crappy bridgestones). The lowest "excellent" condition value was kbb @ $15,125. That seems a little high considering I put it in the local want-ad for $15,200 expecting $14,200 and only got one call in two weeks and he offered $13,500 and really wanted it. Ebay and cars.com seem to be all over the place too. So what say the consensus? What the hell is it really worth?
06 Solara V6SE
99 XJ, Rubicon Express SF 5" lift, 33", 4.56 gears, 4 hole injectors, ss header, 4awg mains.
jth877
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: 2006 Toyota price?

Postby SoSleek » Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:09 pm

I always go off KBB, and set the price about $1000 higher. Usually people assume there is some negotiation room on a vehicle, and that higher starting price on your part with give them room to negotiate, and give you an ending price closer to the blue book price of your vehicle. In the end you will be happy, and they will be happy that they talked to down. If they have a hard time paying the price you set, just reassure them that the price you set is higher than KBB because the you are very confident in the vehicles condition and how it has been cared for because you are an enthusiast and take great care on your vehicle. It always make me more comfortable buying from a seller than performs the general maintenance themselves, as it lets me know that they are more aware of vehicles and can spot little problems and correct them before they turn into larger problems.
2004 Black Solara SE Sport - Minneapolis, MN
SoSleek
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby SoSleek » Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:14 pm

Abnother thing to remember is that right now the selling market isnt great. Another factor is that Solara's were never that well known as they werent as marketed as the Camry's. The Solara is a weird vehicle in that fact that it has a sister vehicle that is a 4 door, so more ppl choose that for convenience of accessing the backseat, and those looking for a coupe usually found the solara to be too large and bulky. For me it was exactly what I was looking for. A Coupe with a roomy backseat and very smooth ride, and enough power to get by. You just have to find or wait for the right buyer. If you really arent in a hurry to sell quickly then list it for KBB or a little higher. On the flip side, if you are trying to sell is ASAP, and NEED the money reduce the price and just get it sold. A good way to sell a car like a solara is put a for sale sign on the window, so you can catch the attention of potential buyers, that otherwise might not know of the solara and its sleek looks!

Good Luck!
2004 Black Solara SE Sport - Minneapolis, MN
SoSleek
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby jth877 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:14 pm

Well, guess I'll lower it some. I have a new Mustang 5.0 on order, but it will take another 6 weeks to be delivered so I have some time. You are right about it being a weird car to sell. Getting the right buyer might take some time. Thanks.
06 Solara V6SE
99 XJ, Rubicon Express SF 5" lift, 33", 4.56 gears, 4 hole injectors, ss header, 4awg mains.
jth877
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Stock Gen 2 and 2.5