[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Clutch Pedal Drops to the Floor??
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

Clutch Pedal Drops to the Floor??

Clutch Pedal Drops to the Floor??

Postby ftw » Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:22 pm

Today my clutch pedal dropped to the floor and stayed there. I can pull it up but if I push it in again it doesn't come back up. My fluid level is full. If I start the car in gear it moves so I don't think the clutch is bad or completely gone. I'm thinking maybe it's the master or slave cylinder and tomorrow I'll have to troubleshoot it.

Has this happened to anyone else? Any ideas on what could be the problem? :-?
New Daily: 2005 Corolla XRS
SOLD: DWP 1999 SE V6| Eibach/Tokico| Super Pro Dogbone Bushings, FSB Bushings| Energy Suspension Front Control Arm Bushings| Injen Intake
ftw
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: Clutch Pedal Drops to the Floor??

Postby Gregtrd » Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:24 am

Bad clutch, or clutch master cylinder.
The Fastest Camry in Socal
366whp / 427wtq @10.5psi
Gregtrd
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby ThurzNite » Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:37 am

Gregtrd wrote:Bad clutch, or clutch master cylinder.

On challenges like these, Greg's right 99% of the time. I concur. :)
Dr J
ThurzNite
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby DaZanY4002 » Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:52 am

ROFL. It acts like an on/off switch? That exact same crap happened to me in the middle of the freeway last Sunday, in a traffic jam, except I couldn't turn it on in anything other than neutral, and a cop stopped all traffic behind me. Greg picked her up some hours later, and replaced the clutch and its master cylinder the next day.
DaZanY4002
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby ftw » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:14 am

Thanks for the replies guys. I had it towed to a transmission shop and they's ll take a look at it on Tuesday. Too bad I wasn't a few thousand miles west...I would have made Greg take a look at it :(
New Daily: 2005 Corolla XRS
SOLD: DWP 1999 SE V6| Eibach/Tokico| Super Pro Dogbone Bushings, FSB Bushings| Energy Suspension Front Control Arm Bushings| Injen Intake
ftw
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Brandoe91 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:50 am

Most likely the spring in the clutch master cylinder went bad. Just fixed a celica with the same problem.
TRD S/C 6psi - OBX Full Exhaust - Injen intake ( 226whp untuned).

New Setup - 3mzfe - obx full exhaust - aem fic - innovate mtx-l wideband - Cpe intake. (Estimated 220whp) dyno numbers coming soon.
Brandoe91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby mazen222 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:45 am

Keep us posted please.

Same thing happened to me a month ago. The pedal became super soft and i was only able to get it into 2nd and reverse. But after driving it for a bit it went back to normal.
I think it the clutch master cylinder kuz my clutch is 2 years old only.
1999, 5 Speed V6
mazen222
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby mig0s » Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:24 pm

mazen222 wrote:Keep us posted please.

Same thing happened to me a month ago. The pedal became super soft and i was only able to get it into 2nd and reverse. But after driving it for a bit it went back to normal.
I think it the clutch master cylinder kuz my clutch is 2 years old only.

dude same thing happened to me today. Clutch is SUPER soft, couldnt even shift. How did you fix it? Is it ok now?
1999 V6 5-Speed... so beautiful :' )
Black housing headlights, corner. 55w 6k HID, 2500k fogs, TWM Short Shifter+weighted knob, Tein+KYB, TRD lip kit + Acura CL type-S front lip. TSW Kyalami 18x8. Cutom 2.5" SS free flow muffler.
mig0s
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:15 pm

doubt its clutch, should be clutch master cylinder or slave cylinder. Let us know what they say at the shop since theirs a few more ppl on here with the same issue.
One of the few Built Forged Supercharged solaras in so cal
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6
Solaraguy's dopest driver

Postby ThurzNite » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:02 pm

Wish there was a way to merge threads. hard to keep track of same problem in 2 places.
Dr J
ThurzNite
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby wizzy » Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:17 pm

happen to me also its the clutch master or slave cylinder i changed both and working like new now .
2000 Toyota Solara SE V6
10k Hid Fog's and Headlights
Black Coners
2010 Camry Bars
Basically stock (For Now)
wizzy
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby mig0s » Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:23 pm

How much is a master cylinder and slave? A shop quoted me 100$ for master and 40$ for slave.
Black housing headlights, corner. 55w 6k HID, 2500k fogs, TWM Short Shifter+weighted knob, Tein+KYB, TRD lip kit + Acura CL type-S front lip. TSW Kyalami 18x8. Cutom 2.5" SS free flow muffler.
mig0s
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby ThurzNite » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:56 am

Autozone:
$33.99 for master
$14.99 for slave
Neither requires core. Both lifetime warranty

Dealer:
$97.11 master
$52.68 slave

Dealer discounts usually applied, you can probably score cost plus 10%, then pay for shipping. For me, it's cheaper to call my local dealer, place order, request "C10" discount, and pick it up when it arrives. But if you're far from the nearest dealer, might be better to have them ship to you. Not sure what regional price differences are, but can't imagine it being that much to be worth the hassle. Also, dealer is 1year warranty, I'd go with lifetime warranty from a major parts store instead. Good luck.

Oh, if u need help installing, goto autozone.com for free repair manual, or your local library for access to Chilton's (which's same as FSM PDF).

Dr J
ThurzNite
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:02 am

mig0s wrote:How much is a master cylinder and slave? A shop quoted me 100$ for master and 40$ for slave.

yup i paid 15 for my slave, and about 40 for the master cylinder. Not expensive at all.
One of the few Built Forged Supercharged solaras in so cal
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6

Postby mig0s » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:58 am

So I just ordered the parts, they'll get here by the end of the week. But My car is STUCK in first gear. Can't get to neutral even with the engine shut.... flippin bitch
mig0s
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Next

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5