[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Aftermarket rear speakers
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Aftermarket rear speakers

Aftermarket rear speakers

Postby S.Z.-Alpha » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:15 pm

I need some help on how to buy rear speakers. I got 2 issues. #1 is power. I cant upgrade my whole system just yet cuz it's too dang expensive.

Is there a limit of wattage that the stock amp can do? I dont want the stock amp to blow up O_o. What wattage of speakers can I only get? 200 to 300?
2000 Toyota Solara a.k.a "Goldie" SLE V6 //PARTS: TRD Muffler w/ Stock pipes, K&N filter, Tokico Blue Shocks w/ Stock Springs, Kenwood H/U with x4 JVC speakers(250x2 Front and 290x2 Rear) w/ JL 1000 watt amp.
S.Z.-Alpha
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: Aftermarket rear speakers

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:17 pm

dude this sounds just like your last 3 threads
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby S.Z.-Alpha » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:18 pm

yaddadaimsayin wrote:dude this sounds just like your last 3 threads

I know I'm gonna delete the others. I already did. I think i was looking at the wrong forum.

Anyway...can you help? T_T
2000 Toyota Solara a.k.a "Goldie" SLE V6 //PARTS: TRD Muffler w/ Stock pipes, K&N filter, Tokico Blue Shocks w/ Stock Springs, Kenwood H/U with x4 JVC speakers(250x2 Front and 290x2 Rear) w/ JL 1000 watt amp.
S.Z.-Alpha
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:45 pm

can't help you there, since I had my whole setup professionally installed all at once...

but I can help you post in the right section:
viewforum.php?f=13

this is the section for audio upgrades. I did a quick search in there and it seems like a lot of your questions can be answered there.
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby 99BlackSandv6 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:16 pm

Go by what it says in the other threads. For real man... viewtopic.php?f=13&t=51175

call these guys... http://www.crutchfield.com/
Trust me, I'm a technician.
99BlackSandv6
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby enz1ey » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:37 pm

You can't really "blow up" your stock amp if you buy bigger/better speakers. The speakers might be able to handle more max/RMS wattage, but your stock head unit probably only provides 30-45 watts per speaker RMS. You should worry about the new speakers being under-powered, if anything. Ideally, you'd want to get a new amp to power your new speakers to get the most performance out of them, but you need to be careful not to get too powerful an amp for the speakers, not the other way around.
enz1ey
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5