[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - System Build
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

System Build

System Build

Postby EkiMucH » Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:41 am

Just wanted to share what I have coming in soon for my system. I have read almost everything I can find about bypassing the stock JBL amp, so hopefully I am able to figure out once i get in there. From the other threads I read that there should be two plus somewhere to the right that I should be looking for after disconnecting the stock deck. I will search on that again to be sure. Installing the deck using a radio harness adapter and also planning to setup to bypass the parking brake part for the dvd function.

Head Unit: Pioneer AVH P3300BT
(Planning to install this weekend if it arrives by then.)

Front Speakers: Kicker 11DS652 6-3/4"
Rear Speakers: Alpine SPS-609 6"x9"
(Not too fancy and within my budget plus I read good reviews on these two so might as well give it a shot. Also not in a rush so I choose to stay with free shipping option through Crutchfield, so planning to install next weekend whenever I receive them. Plus it will allow me to hear the difference from the stock JBL deck to the Pioneer)

Future plans will be installing a 10" Pioneer sub that I have from my previous vehicle and if I am able to remove a broken pin in the RCA outlet I will be using the amplifier that I used with that sub before. Also been reading about it being better to power the speakers through an external amp, so that will be in my future plans, but for now I will have them hooked to the deck. After all this is done, I will probably just start saving for more power or some new wheels maybe!

I will update this with photos as soon as I begin tearing up the car and putting them in.
EkiMucH
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: System Build

Postby EkiMucH » Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:50 pm

EkiMucH
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby PaulR » Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:28 pm

Your system looks great! I actually have the same headunit (without the SD card reader) as you. Have you installed your sub yet, and do you have a JBL system? Also, does that padding material help get rid of the unwanted car noise that comes with subwoofers?
PaulR
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby EkiMucH » Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:02 pm

Haven't installed the sub yet, need to replace my amp or get it repaired since it has a pin broken in the rca cable inputs. JBL system was bypassed. I was planning to switch out the speakers once they get here next weekend, but unfortunately my car got hit on the driver side door earlier today. Going to wait til it gets fixed before doing so.

That padding material, I basically copied from some other people on other forums for a cheaper way to get rid of unwanted sound lol.... not too sure how it is yet. Some people say the noise went down on this Saturn Vue forum that I stumbled upon. I believe it is called Reflectix and here is a link of one of the guys that posted on here about it viewtopic.php?f=56&t=50359 and also I read some used roofing material called Peel and Seal, but others say that will probably lead to fumes later on and some said they never got any, so I didn't want to try it and getting Fatmat off of ebay instead for when I install my speakers.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c3-gene ... ectix.html
EkiMucH
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby PaulR » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:45 pm

EkiMucH wrote:Haven't installed the sub yet, need to replace my amp or get it repaired since it has a pin broken in the rca cable inputs. JBL system was bypassed. I was planning to switch out the speakers once they get here next weekend, but unfortunately my car got hit on the driver side door earlier today. Going to wait til it gets fixed before doing so.

That padding material, I basically copied from some other people on other forums for a cheaper way to get rid of unwanted sound lol.... not too sure how it is yet. Some people say the noise went down on this Saturn Vue forum that I stumbled upon. I believe it is called Reflectix and here is a link of one of the guys that posted on here about it viewtopic.php?f=56&t=50359 and also I read some used roofing material called Peel and Seal, but others say that will probably lead to fumes later on and some said they never got any, so I didn't want to try it and getting Fatmat off of ebay instead for when I install my speakers.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c3-gene ... ectix.html

Hey EkiMucH,

Thanks for your response. I think I might try a setup like on one of your links. I have 2 12" subs and there is a lot of extra and unwanted noise of various interior car parts shaking.
PaulR
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby EkiMucH » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:26 pm

your welcome... maybe you might notice a difference. i'm not too sure yet, but i haven't heard some noises i been hearing lately. plus it won't hurt your wallet much for the roll i got at lowes was $24.00 at least and that covered the trunk and rear seat so far and measured out the material leftover and have enough for both doors. just do some more research on it before you feel like putting money into it, thats what i did.

http://www.lowes.com/ProductDisplay?partNumber=13357-56291-BP24025&langId=-1&storeId=10151&productId=3011904&catalogId=10051&cmRelshp=req&rel=nofollow&cId=PDIO1

Here is the link to the Saturn Vue I might have mentioned. One of the guys on there said he test the decibels before and after and noticed a difference.
http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141109
http://saturnfans3.saturnfans.com/~saturnfa/forums/showthread.php?t=141110&highlight=sl1+sea+foam&page=3
EkiMucH
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5