[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - The Dreaded PO135 on an SLE V6 1999
Everything about the Toyota Camry.

The Dreaded PO135 on an SLE V6 1999

The Dreaded PO135 on an SLE V6 1999

Postby alexsinclaire » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:43 am

Thanks to this website i found clarity to an often confusing problem with regards to the error code PO135 faulty o2 sensor.

what i found confusing out there on the web and in real life was how many people that supposedly should know (including the mechanics at a***z**e and t*** k*****m) which sensor is B1S1, actually dont know which one it is, they think its the front one right behind the radiator, they eagerly point toward the B2S1 and say "thats it". I found a lot of confusion out there over it, mostly because the average person (me being one), dont know the intricacies of an engine, so i wanted to put it out there in Laymans terms for everyone so there is no confusion.

B1 S1 is behind the engine as your looking into the engine from the front of the car, you cant see it, its on the back of the engine, the side of the engine closest to the compartment where you sit, B2 S1 is right behind the radiator at the front of the engine, dont believe mr local tire fitter or sunday morning mechanics at a***z*** when they say that it is B1 S1,even though they have the best intentions, they are wrong!. i have read so many posts and comments on other websites where people have changed the wrong sensor because some tire fitter has told them that B2 S1 is B1 S1

of course this applies to the 1999 sle v6, i cant vouch for any other models.

THANK YOU to all the informed people on this great site for giving the right information because without you guys I too would have changed the wrong sensor, with the wrong model part, and whilst doing it would have ripped a hole in my exhaust and probably given myself third degree burns!

by the way i bought Denso part number 234-4622 on Amazon for $56 each with free shipping, i thought that was a bargain so i bought 2 and plan to replace both B1S1 and B2S1 at the same time. I know its a different part number for the downstream (after the cat) Sensor

UPDATE, the Amazon part has gone up to $62, still cheap with free shipping, and also the amazon website says that 234-4622 is not the right one for the sle v6 1999, but if you search more it then says it is, I checked with Denso and they confirmed that 234-4622 is the right part number for the 99 sle v6 for both B1S1 and B2S1.

thanks again!!
alexsinclaire
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: The Dreaded PO135 on an SLE V6 1999

Postby kenny6683 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:06 am

Thanks for the info...
let us know if code ever comes back. if O2 is not correct one it definitely will
kenny6683
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Toyota Camry