[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Neo Car Audio SL Series iPod Adapters
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Neo Car Audio SL Series iPod Adapters

Neo Car Audio SL Series iPod Adapters

Postby AGuyNamedSteve » Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:30 pm

Upon searching, I don't see any reference to the SL series of adpaters from Neo Car Audio. I just ordered the version w/o the extra aux input for my wife's 2006 Solara SE (non-nav, non-cd changer). It's going to be a birthday present for her, so it'll be a couple of weeks before it will be installed. Hopefully it's what it's cracked up to be:

http://tinyurl.com/2j7t2r

It looks like I should be able to install it myself using instructions elsewhere in the forums. I'll update once it's all done.
AGuyNamedSteve
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby AGuyNamedSteve » Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:18 pm

I finished the installation in about 30 minutes, most of which were trying to figure out where to plug it in without actually being able to see the plug. I've created instructions in PDF format that you can find here http://www.mediafire.com/?dvltngzgwyw. It works great, and my wife is happy having all of her iPod at her musical disposal!
AGuyNamedSteve
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby AGuyNamedSteve » Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:28 am

Updated with link to instructions.
AGuyNamedSteve
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby AGuyNamedSteve » Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:19 am

Here's a picture of the contents of the Neo Car Audio kit:
AGuyNamedSteve
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby MCOjerry » Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:22 am

Hm...so, it displays song and playlist names, even on a 2006? that's cool. How's the sound? Any loss?

EDIT: kinda pricey...
2006 SLE V6 Convertible Lunar Mist Metallic w/black top ➬
MCOjerry
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby AGuyNamedSteve » Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:22 pm

It's definitely pricey! But I wanted it to be something that my wife could easily use and be happy with. I spent a lot of time shopping them and thought I'd take a chance on this one as it seemed to have great features, and it was their newest model.

Once I got it installed, I had her sit in and go through the menus. Her first comment was "maybe this stereo is better than I thought". She had mentioned that she didn't think the stereo was that good, which isn't surprising for the base, factory unit. I told her that maybe I'll get her new speakers for her birthday next year... So to answer your question - I'm not sure. There's probably more loss in the factory speakers than with the iPod. I'm not a high end audio guy to begin with. The instructions also mention watching the iPod volume as there could be loss if it's set too high in the iPod.

The photo in the instructions shows the playlist name. If you hit the TEXT button again, it will show the song name. If you hit it again, it will show the playlist number, the song number, and the time of the song elapsed. It will support up to 99 playlists and the instructions recommend not having more than 99 songs in a playlist for this stereo/emulation mode. That's probably because the display is designed with only two digits for CD# and Track#. It also retains the factory steering wheel controls. It also charges while in use.

I got her the $249 version that doesn't have the additional auxiliary jack ($299 with).

There's also a simple mode that allows you to use only the iPod menus for controlling song. I don't see a reason to use that if you set up quality playlists though.
AGuyNamedSteve
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Neo Car Audio SL Series iPod Adapters

Postby AGuyNamedSteve » Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:24 pm

This is an old thread, but I thought I'd throw it up as the previous link for the instructions is dead. Here's the current link with instructions (PDF download): http://www.mediafire.com/?dvltngzgwyw

Also, I discovered that you can purchase straight from Vais themselves (www.vaistech.com) and get the newest version for $199 - the SL2i-UP. I installed the new version in my 2010 Toyota Rav4 and it works great with an old iPod nano that I don't use otherwise.
AGuyNamedSteve
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:43 pm

thanks for comin back just to share that with the rest of us!
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby AGuyNamedSteve » Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:25 pm

yaddadaimsayin wrote:thanks for comin back just to share that with the rest of us!

There's not a lot we're doing with wife's car anymore, so I don't stop by that often. However, after installing the Gentex auto dimming mirror with homelink in my Rav4 earlier in the week, I may have to do that with hers too. That way she can get the garage door opener out of the console.
AGuyNamedSteve
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to A/V/N Gen 2 and 2.5