[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Climate Control Servo Servomotor not moving
Non-tutorials will be deleted.

Climate Control Servo Servomotor not moving

Climate Control Servo Servomotor not moving

Postby SnowLeopard04 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:30 pm

My 'Air Flow Control' knob was not changing were the air for heat and A/C was coming out. Also had problems with the windsheild fogging up, because there was no air for defrosting, even though the fan was running strong ! The air mixing was OK, for hot... to .. cold. The following is my update to some info I found on this site that helped me find it, and fix it. Hope this helps the next guy along, as it was a little tricky, and a might uncomfortable laying under the dash, but.... hey... car guys love that don't we ? :P

Under dash, drivers side, center console, with foot air duct pulled out of the way, the very top mounting screw is a PITA, hidden above harness

Unplug wire connector, remove three screws, pull servo and plate off, try to not move the levers, take lots of pix, mark everything with sharpie,
and memorize exactly were each of the three pins go into exactly which slot on the rotating plate. Did I mention this is a PITA?

Rotating plate pulls right off the white shaft by lifting black retainer finger, oops... I broke it off !!,, oh well stil works fine.

Unsnap side clips on servo housing, open, remove big white gear to get to the problem fingers, wipe grease around contacts.

Carfully pry up on fingers near base, one by one, to raise them up a bit, to make better contact with big white gear contacts.
THIS FIXED THE PROBLEM WITH THE SERVO NOT MOVING ! .... REALLY ! Then close it up and test it on car first, by plugging in the electrical connector, and operating the 'Air Flow Control' knob, and leave shaft in original position as when removed.
I then installed just the black plastic rotating plate onto the three lever pins, being carful to match the original positions,(thanks to taking
lots of pictures), of the pins into the correct slots in the plate... you gotta hold your mouth just right for this one...then snap the servo on the metal plate, onto / into the black plastic rotating plate ( white shaft in original position as removed), while holding the black plate on the pins.
Then test drive it all, while watching the plate rotate. Grab a beer, and put the tools away.. :D SL4
04 Artic Pearl White, debadged, & Carbon Fibre Interior
SnowLeopard04
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Climate Control Servo Servomotor not moving

Postby GzNutz » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:59 am

That's a pretty damn nice write up. Thanks for sharing!
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby SnowLeopard04 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:36 pm

Thanks Nutz, it might have been on TN, that I found the info that helped me, of course I couldn't find it again when I looked for it the second time.... dmn... funny how each search takes you different places, but I wanted to add my two bits, and pix, and this looks like a great forum. The price on a new servo is $120 plus shipping, I'd rather spend that on some cool stuff ! I've had some experience with online forums over the years, and I really like the tech stuff. My regular hangout is M109riders.com, as my other ride is a 2007 M109R. SL4 :) aka: Red Ridin Hood
04 Artic Pearl White, debadged, & Carbon Fibre Interior
SnowLeopard04
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby michaels artic frost » Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:39 am

Thanks for sharing with the SG community and posting pics as well, makes a world of difference.

Good job!

-Michael T.
Updated 06/01/12: Michael T's
Updated 06/01/12: JUICED! 232whp 294ft/lbs of torque
"Every passing minute is another chance to turn it all around."
michaels artic frost
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Return to Tutorials Gen 2 and 2.5