[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - TOTALED!!!
SolaraGuy, Solara, and/or Camry events. Post your event listings here!

TOTALED!!!

TOTALED!!!

Postby 99BlackSandv6 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:05 pm

About 3 hours ago I spun and rolled my precious Solara. Thank God no one was hurt. I was the only one involved and there's not a scratch on me.

I have 6+ years of fond memories with my Solara. And I'm sad to see her go under such circumstances, to say the least.

I'll be posting photos when I get a chance. She'll be searched over tomorrow for valuable parts and then I'll sign the title over to the scrap yard.

I'm still working out just how I managed to walk away from this one. I'm lucky to say the least.

Stay tuned for photos...
Trust me, I'm a technician.
99BlackSandv6
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Re: TOTALED!!!

Postby Projex0 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:24 pm

wow im sorry to hear about the car glad your ok, but how'd it happen?
Projex0
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby mig0s » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:10 am

Damn noooo another one :( Glad you're ok!
1999 V6 5-Speed... so beautiful :' )
Black housing headlights, corner. 55w 6k HID, 2500k fogs, TWM Short Shifter+weighted knob, Tein+KYB, TRD lip kit + Acura CL type-S front lip. TSW Kyalami 18x8. Cutom 2.5" SS free flow muffler.
mig0s
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby 1gSE » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:17 am

:( Glad you're ok. +1 for what happened
GTO-Vararam/Kooks/Spintech/MGW-P/Tune-12.9 @108
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby 99BlackSandv6 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:37 am

I was on my way home from work. The road is pretty rural and twisty. My headlights must have gone out for a second before the turn, so i couldn't see the edge of the road. The passenger tires dipped off the road into the gravel, and the back end stepped out. I overcorrected and the car whipped back to the left and up the bank, front end into a tree. Then the car bounced off the tree spun backward and tipped onto its top into the ditch.

I was still strapped in and the engine was still running when the car stopped moving. So I shut the engine off and pushed myself into the seat to release the seatbelt. I climbed down and turned the hazard lights on. The radio kept playing. I ran about half a mile to the nearest house to get help, but no one answered, then I saw lights down by the Solara. Someone stopped to check it out, and called the squad and State Police.

Turns out I only have a couple little scratches on my arms and hands. I am feeling very lucky.

I'm headed to the scrap yard in a bit. I'll try to get some photos of the destruction.
99BlackSandv6
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby DSM_Lara » Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:45 am

Glad that you are ok...I know you really did like your solar because no matter how many bruises she had you still kept her till the end. :cry:
Keep us posted.
1999 Toyota Solara SE V6 (TRD Edition) Rare Greddy EvoII/CP-E Intake/Renova Grill/Black Housing Front/OEM Hood Deflector :kp: :spam3: :spam1:Musubi
DSM_Lara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby 99BlackSandv6 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:01 am

^Thanks Wiley. I sure did. She was great while she lasted. Almost 13 years old and nearly 150000miles on the ODO.

She will be missed. :( She will be remembered.
99BlackSandv6
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:45 am

my little cousin was driving the tahoe yesterday with his family in the car and he ended up flipping the suv several times over totalling it. He just got out of the hospital with 15 stitches in his face and thank God nobody else was hurt.

sorry for your loss but glad you're okay.
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby dinoxor » Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:25 pm

dude sorry for your loss and glad that you're okay!
dinoxor
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:37 pm

wow man! sorry to hear this, i know how you feel i felt the same way when my car was hit 10 months ago.
One of the few Built Forged Supercharged solaras in so cal
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6
Solaraguy's dopest driver
Solaraguy's dopest driver

Postby GzNutz » Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:42 pm

Glad to hear you were able to walk away from it. Sorry for your loss though.
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby sarki » Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:37 pm

Glad your ok dude. Sux tho!
6psi // 291tq // 268whp // Auto
Who wants to buy it?
sarki
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby 99BlackSandv6 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:25 am

I went to the wrecking yard Tuesday, to se the car and get some of the valuable parts off of her. I tore the stereo and front speakers out, and took my sub out of the trunk. I had to leave the box in the car because the trunk was smashed in a few inches so it no longer fit out. I yanked the intake and engine cover, and some wiring. I kinda wish I'd been able to go through her more thoroughly, but I didn't have that chance. It breaks my heart to see here like this. Here she is...

When I started to take the photo of the SG decal, I lost it, totally broke down and cried. ONCE A SOLARAGUY, ALWAYS A SOLARAGUY.
99BlackSandv6
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:51 am

oh snap dude... that's a crazy accident. count your blessings!

99BlackSandv6 wrote:When I started to take the photo of the SG decal, I lost it, totally broke down and cried. ONCE A SOLARAGUY, ALWAYS A SOLARAGUY.

a true car guy who's grown an attachment to his ride. I feel you though... My first car got totalled in a hit and run and when I went back to get back my parts I cried too.
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby mig0s » Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:54 pm

That fking sucks... maybe it's time for you to get a 5 speed now? :) What are your plans?
1999 V6 5-Speed... so beautiful :' )
Black housing headlights, corner. 55w 6k HID, 2500k fogs, TWM Short Shifter+weighted knob, Tein+KYB, TRD lip kit + Acura CL type-S front lip. TSW Kyalami 18x8. Cutom 2.5" SS free flow muffler.
mig0s
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Next

Return to Events