[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Solara Accumulator...Clutch fluid leak
Stock talk about Solara

Solara Accumulator...Clutch fluid leak

Solara Accumulator...Clutch fluid leak

Postby kenny6683 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:01 pm

so my clutch pedal was dropping to the floor last month.
i had a leak in the clutch line by the "Accumulator"
i never heard of this part before and neither did several parts dealers.
i had to order directly from Toyota for $100.
the clutch line from master enters in and another line continues to slave cylinder.
back of old accumulator

New one notice the two black round covers. that is where the lines connect
This piece is located under radiator hose on right side of slave...

anyways it just started to leak from this area again...makes no sense
does anyone know why this would re-occur with a new part?
could it be that slave is becoming stuck at times causing fluid pressure to force out of this part?
any suggestions or thoughts is greatly appreciated. i will take it apart tomorrow to inspect
kenny6683
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: Solara Accumulator...Clutch fluid leak

Postby kenny6683 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:54 pm

found this post...this is exactly what is happening to me
i will try to change the slave to see if that solves issue with accumulator
http://www.camryforums.com/forum/diy-do ... ing-39669/
kenny6683
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: Solara Accumulator...Clutch fluid leak

Postby kenny6683 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:26 am

So I bought a new slave cylinder and changed it. Two 12mm bolts and a 10mm bolt connecccted to the fluid line. To take this bolt off You should use a crowfoot socket. Anyways after the swap my pedal was on the floor so I would manually lift and press back to the floor (slingshot) in order to pump fluid and attempt to create pressure in the lines. Well no pressure was building up and I could get pedal to stay up. That meant there was still a leak. I noticed accumulator was still dripping.so decided to remove it. Disconnect battery since I. had to remove two 14mm holding starter, pulled that out enough to access first 12mm bolt holding accumulator. Before I continued to remove it I took off one of the bolts holding in clutch line to the accu. There are two lines which feed to it, one which goes to master and one to slave. The reason I only removed one line was because the second one was stripped really bad. Then removed the second 12mm. There is also a 10mm on front side of it securing clutch line. Once removed I fou d the issue. Mechanic who installed it overtightened clutch line bolt which was stripped and ruined inside of accumulator causing it to leak. I just ordered a new one again and a new line. $126. I will swap it myself this time. In the meantime I put Teflon tape on inside of bolt which was stripped and leaking. This allowed me to re-install and gain pressure in the lines. I bled system and been driving car like this until tomorrow when I am off to install new part again
kenny6683
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Toyota Solara OEM