[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - New Strut Mounts. Feeling Firmer?
Everything about the Toyota Camry.

New Strut Mounts. Feeling Firmer?

New Strut Mounts. Feeling Firmer?

Postby Camman » Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:36 pm

been forever since ive been on here but havent really done much to the car besides getting it fixed from the accident and a couple other things. ANYWAYS... i recently installed some new strut mounts since my old ones had been bad for a few months and now my car is feeling a lot more firm than it used to. my old mounts were pretty bad but would this cause a softer ride??

just kinda strange. im on GC and tokico blues btw and its feeling pretty damn firm now. i mean its always been stiff but the suspension just feels a lot more responsive to the bumps than it used to

just curious on what your thoughts may be
97 Camry... sitting lower now
17"Enkei DM5, Tokico/GC, TRD RSB, Borla Muffler, Tint: 30% front, 5% rear, Mod-Express H4 H/L 6k
Camman
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: New Strut Mounts. Feeling Firmer?

Postby xpeed » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:09 pm

Ever changed new tires?
2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 R-SPEC
xpeed
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Camman » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:49 am

well i was on the same tires before and after the strut mounts were replaced
17"Enkei DM5, Tokico/GC, TRD RSB, Borla Muffler, Tint: 30% front, 5% rear, Mod-Express H4 H/L 6k
Camman
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Toy1mzfe » Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:14 pm

I think the busted strut mount makes more travel because the bushing is a bit loose and after you install the new one its tighter. I noticed right now with my crappy driver side strut mount seem to be softer than the passenger side.
Toy1mzfe
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Camman » Wed May 23, 2012 5:29 pm

man i dont get on here much.

but i have a feeling that the shocks are going bad because after a few days i got the mounts replaced the car was riding like it was before. no more strut mount noises and what not but the extra firmness went away until..... i had an alignment done and tires rotated basically whenever the vehicle was lifted off the ground it would ride firm after put back down and a few days later it would ride normal again

so maybe the shocks are having to build pressure back into them after being fully extended from being lifted off the ground?? its kinda weird
Camman
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Toyota Camry