[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - New from Texas
New and Old SolaraGuy members should post a hello message here to let everyone know who you are. Tell us about your Solara! We want to know.

New from Texas

New from Texas

Postby flynnjacklepappy » Thu May 03, 2012 4:26 pm

I live in Texas, just west of Fort Worth. I have a 2005 Solara i4, white. Alpine ipod controller, satellite radio, shaved badges. My first Toyota. I don't have any major mods. I'm here because I like to do my own work and maintenance. Silly, I know, to change my own oil when it isn't much more to have it done. I've had too many bad experiences with simple maintenance done by someone else (even trusted locations), I just do it all myself now. It's relaxing- knowing it was done right! I'm not a trained mechanic, but I do know how to get most repairs completed with a little research and a lot of heart. Or is it elbow grease? I have some experience in low voltage electronics, so I am comfortable with wiring. I have only owned trucks prior to this, so now with repairs I spend more time with a jack and ramps than before. And I find myself wishing I had smaller hands. I bought the Solara with 24,000 miles on it and it has been a great daily driver. Much cheaper than driving my truck to work.
I've visited here before for information. It was time to make it official and register.
Thanks
flynnjacklepappy
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: New from Texas

Postby 1gSE » Thu May 03, 2012 4:36 pm

Welcome to the party. I'm not too far from you. Once my car finally gets to the states, I'll be picking it up in Dallas
GTO-Vararam/Kooks/Spintech/MGW-P/Tune-12.9 @108
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby flynnjacklepappy » Thu May 03, 2012 6:24 pm

I went to school in Abilene.
flynnjacklepappy
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby dinoxor » Thu May 03, 2012 7:20 pm

Welcome!
Sweet let's have a mini meet in Dallas
dinoxor
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby GzNutz » Fri May 04, 2012 3:03 pm

Welcome!
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby DSM_Lara » Fri May 04, 2012 3:55 pm

As we say in Hawaii "E Komo Mai" Image to Solaraguy.
1999 Toyota Solara SE V6 (TRD Edition) Rare Greddy EvoII/CP-E Intake/Renova Grill/Black Housing Front/OEM Hood Deflector :kp: :spam3: :spam1:Musubi
DSM_Lara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby michaels artic frost » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:57 pm

Nice intro. Glad you decided to join the SG community. I used to live in Dallas years ago, still have family there though.

Glad to see you enjoy doing your own work and don't mind dedicating the time and effort when it comes to something new. The enjoyment of learning something new and the satisfaction that you did it makes it all worth while.

That's very low mileage for an '05. Mine is an '04 and I'm just nearing the 90K. Bout to replace all four rotors and pads, plus the drum shoes on mine pretty soon. Will most likely try and remember to take pics to post up for later.

Enjoy the forum!

-Michael T.
Updated 06/01/12: Michael T's
Updated 06/01/12: JUICED! 232whp 294ft/lbs of torque
"Every passing minute is another chance to turn it all around."
michaels artic frost
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Return to Introductions