[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - '05 Solara No Sound w/ Metra TYTO-01 Install
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

'05 Solara No Sound w/ Metra TYTO-01 Install

'05 Solara No Sound w/ Metra TYTO-01 Install

Postby tdanieller » Fri May 25, 2012 10:11 pm

I have a 2005 Solara. I purchased a JVC KX-HDR720 double din radio/CD to install. I got the Metra TYTO-01 since it wouldn't require bypassing the JBL amp. I also used the Axxess ASWC for the steering wheel controls. I soldered everything together and it looks great. The only problem is that I have absolutely no sound. Everything else works but the sound, which is kinda important. Can anyone help?
tdanieller
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: '05 Solara No Sound w/ Metra TYTO-01 Install

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:26 pm

tdanieller wrote:Everything else works but the sound, which is kinda important.

lol boy is that an understatement.
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby GzNutz » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:29 pm

I wonder if the amp is turning on? Maybe check the remote power from the head unit.
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby JSR » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:13 pm

I have the same configuration, only a different stereo, a JVC KW-R800BT. I saw the same problem. I unplugged the new system, plugged the original back in, played it. Then plugged the new stuff back in again and it has worked fine for the last week.

But, my steering wheel controls are not working correctly. Are yours working correctly?

Metra 95-8212
Axxess TYTO-01
Axxess ASWC
JVC KW-R800BT
2005 Solar Conv. w/ JBL Audio
JSR
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to A/V/N Gen 2 and 2.5